INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what can we do with this forum?

5 posters

Go down

So what can we do with this forum? Empty So what can we do with this forum?

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:10 pm

Any suggestions on directions for this Music forum here?

I think we are stuck and need to think about the future. Not a lot of input here except for SmartAlex and a couple of others. Not saying people don't know stuff just saying its kinda quiet and it needs a kick doesn't it?

We have potential. I have seen some real interesting stuff here. The knowledge is here just not a lot of input.

I would be glad to turn it over to someone with more ideas and time than I have. I would rather moderate Tech and in
the long run I have no time to do two forums and its not fair to the musical forum.

Ideas?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

So what can we do with this forum? Empty Re: So what can we do with this forum?

Post by coltivatore Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Seems like no one listened to radio in the 60s 70s or 80s. There were posts , J.J. Cale died, Lou Reed died, no comments. (Try Wikipedia) Is the knowledge really there? Some people I know never heard of them, or Humble Pie, King Crimson, Procol Harum, Wishbone Ash, Uriah Heep, Jonny Lang, or even Deep Purple or Moody Blues. Maybe they were listening To Barry Manilow and Perry Como. Only romantic songs???????? Guess you can't post about things you don't know about! I'd like to have a suggestion, but I don't.
coltivatore
coltivatore

Back to top Go down

Post by BalnearioSJC Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:55 pm

If there any musicians you could start a "Virtual Band" and rock some tunes. Or have each week a Band that has the spotlight and the members of the forum can try to find and post as much info on the topic of the band as posible (kind of a recopilation of videos, songs, etc of the band) that way if someone can get to know new bands for them or get to know what happened to the bands they used to follow.
(just a few ideas)
BalnearioSJC
BalnearioSJC

http://www.hotelspacosala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:25 am

I was thinking of starting a music club and using the forum for a base. Meet once a week and each
week a different person is responsible for sharing his favorite music or something like that. Maybe
a topic like Raggae or Cumbia. Kinda like a music club. I also like your idea BalnearioSJC. Output
of physical meeting can go to board with samples or something like that. Or have at the same time a virtual
meeting ability and physical folks here also if I could get bandwidth.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:51 am

Gary here. Rather than a music club, I think a fun idea would be a very low power FM radio station. I had one from this company, http://www.veronica.co.uk/ and it worked great. I used it on jobsites because they always seemed to have obnoxious commercial stations, playing too loud on a boom box. I got some cheap FM ear buds and could broadcast about one mile.

Details? There are none! Could be as simple as a playlist from an iPod, to actual speaking commentary. What you can't have is commercials - this steps over the line (IMHO). If the authorities do sniff around, well it is a bilingual backup communication system in case of emergency, internet or power failure.

There is an unbelievable large body of music which people will never get to hear. Either the copyrights have expired, or the market is limited, and the publishers will never market these old titles. There is something timeless about sitting out on a tropical evening, listening to old time instrumentals, sipping the night dew.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 am

Careful, chillin', almost sounds like you're close to volunteering! Very Happy 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down