INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to forum

+7
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
E-raq
Ezzie
gringal
hkrause
CanuckBob
Electricdartman
11 posters

Go down

New to forum Empty New to forum

Post by Electricdartman Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:47 am

Hola all,

I have been reading your forum for a few months now and cannot thank all of you enough for the information. My wife and I are taking a trip down from Canada in February to check out the area for retirement and hopefully coincide with a swarm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are about 4 years from our retirement goal and looking forward to the adventure ahead:)

Electricdartman
Electricdartman

Humor : OK

Back to top Go down

New to forum Empty Re: New to forum

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 am

Hola Electricdartman, welcome to the forum. Does your username and avatar suggest you have an electric Dodge Dart drag car? Fire away with any questions you have.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricdartman Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 am

CanuckBob wrote:Hola Electricdartman, welcome to the forum. Does your username and avatar suggest you have an electric Dodge Dart drag car? Fire away with any questions you have.

Close Bob, Electrician/Chrysler300/Firebird drag car. Just looking at some B&B's for our stay. PM me with any suggestions.
Electricdartman
Electricdartman

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:43 am

Dartman.. We've stayed at several during our trips here to investigate before moving. Here are some thoughts.

Casa del Sol - Ajijic, east of the square by a few blocks. Midway between the lake and highway, so it's a pretty easy walk to most things in Ajijic. Excellent breakfast. Nice clean rooms. We stayed in room #6, which overlooks the pool and garden with beautiful mountain views. We were told the inner rooms are a little quieter than ones that face the street. This room also had the guest kitchen right outside, so it was convenient to grab a snack or water if needed. Website: http://www.casadelsolinn.com/index.htm

Los Artistas - Along Constitucion, very close to the bottom of the Wednesday tianguis, so it was very handy for shopping there. A little further walk to Ajijic centro, but not too difficult. Incredible gardens and pool. Good breakfast. We stayed in the Studio, which is a separate building apart from the main house. Nicely secluded and quiet. The resident Basset Hounds came to greet us every morning when we opened the door. Website: http://www.losartistas.com/

La Nueva Posada - Right on the lake. Fairly easy walk to Ajijic centro, although everything is uphill. Breakfast is from a selection of items on the menu at their restaurant, downstairs... very good, and you can select from the full menu for an additional cost if you want something else. We stayed in a room facing the lake on the 3rd floor, which provided fantastic views and great bird sounds in the morning. Directly across the street from La Tasca, so we could sit on the balcony and listen to music in the evenings. One night they had Mariachis at the restaurant downstairs, so that entertainment was also included. We were there over Easter when it was a little warm, and it seemed that the room was difficult to cool because it caught quite a bit of sun during the day. If you want something quieter and cooler, you might opt for a lower room, facing away from the street/lake. But if you like the music, this is a great option. Room was large and clean. Bathroom floor where we were seemed to be heated?? Website: http://hotelnuevaposada.com/homepage_english.htm

Ajijic Suites - About 3-4 blocks (?) directly west of Ajijic Centro on the main drag. This is NOT a B&B as no food is served. However, it's very inexpensive, very clean, has a wonderful hostess (Australian), there are kitchenettes in the rooms (if you want to have your own food or heat up leftovers), and it's an easy walk to several nearby restaurants, including a nice breakfast place just a couple blocks up the road. I stayed in the Oaxaca Suite, upstairs in the back. Very quite, and nice listening to the fountain at night. There's a little balcony with table and chairs right outside the door. If you want something with Internet access, ask for a room closer to the router, however. Down side here... can't drink the water or flush paper down the toilets. If you're looking for something clean, quiet, well-run and inexpensive, this might be an option. Website: http://www.ajijicsuites.com/ I did a full review with photos of this place on TripAdvisor some time ago, and there are lots of others, so you might look there for details. (note: there is another place with a similar name that I've read bad reviews on, so be sure you have the right one)

Those are the ones we have personal experience with. I know there are several other nice places around that people speak highly of. Hopefully some other folks will chime in, or you might try doing a search since I know there has been lots of discussion on this topic. Feel free to PM me or leave a question here if you need more info on the above.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricdartman Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Thanks Heather,

We are narrowing it down. It is great to speak to people who have been there, as some websites have very little info. Just waiting to hear back on a couple and we will be booking things soon:) Beer
Electricdartman
Electricdartman

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Another: Estrellita, on 16 Septiembre. Street is quiet at night. Rooms are beautifully decorated. Lorraine, the owner, serves a delicious Continental breakfast. Walking distance to town. Has website.
Accross the street is one of the forum sponsors' ads ..Casablanca. See ad a the top of the page.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:07 pm

When you get here I will take you to the local dragstrip to check out the action. They are running everything from door slammers to top fuel.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricdartman Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:When you get here I will take you to the local dragstrip to check out the action. They are running everything from door slammers to top fuel.

Sounds good to me Bob Thumbs up Is it in Guardalahjara?
Electricdartman
Electricdartman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:00 pm

It is directly behind the west end of the runways at the GDL airport. You can see it well on Google Earth.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Welcome dartman, and good luck with your search. We came here in February of 1999, bought a house then went home to T.O. and started packing. We've been here ever since.

Cheers,
E-raq

The E stands for Electric.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:30 pm

welcome aboard from a fellow canuck (london, ontario) and car nut. The drags are awesome, we will all have to go again
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:58 am

Welcome, another Albertan. North or South. Not that it matters, LOL
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:21 am

Check out Hotel Casa Blanca on 16 de Septimbre across from Estrallitas B & B. I think you'll like it. There is a banner ad at the top of the page. Rooms look nice and I believe it was done over 3 or 4 years ago. New management and very nice people. You can walk everywhere. Estrellita is about 10 years old. It was remodeled when I came here. I knew the Architect and original owner.

La Nuevo Posada is older and higher priced. Check out Tres Leones on Angel Flores, one street back parallel to the Carretera. They should have a website.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:32 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:Welcome, another Albertan. North or South. Not that it matters, LOL

It does if you are an Oilers fan..........LOL
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:20 am

Anyone know which B&Bs in Ajijic have off street parking for guests.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:29 am

The Nueva Posada does. Has a separate parking lot across the street and also a lot next to the hotel with a locked gate at night. We stayed there a lot during a house remodel. Nice place; good view, comfortable rooms. They have a website.
There must be a number of others with off street parking: but many don't.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 am

Angel Flores.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Electricdartman Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:56 am

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:Welcome, another Albertan. North or South. Not that it matters, LOL

Northern and yes flames suck:)

Thanks all for the info, we have booked our room and now the wait/snow begins. -1 C for a high this weekend.

Electricdartman
Electricdartman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down