INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a Car

5 posters

Go down

Buying a Car Empty Buying a Car

Post by SunFan Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Last April Snowbird friends of ours left us with their car to look after till they return this January.

You guessed it….we’ve become accustomed to the convenience of two cars and now we’d like to purchase a second car for ourselves.
I know there have been a number of threads on this forum about buying a used car here at Lakeside but as we zero in on a January purchase I’d like to get the latest info.
Besides S&S Auto are there other dealers here?
I’ve seen posts about independent brokers who for a fee will find a car for you, negotiate price and even arrange licensing and insurance. Are there any currently recommended individuals?

Any other advice one could offer – models, makes, used versus new????

Thanks

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Buying a Car Empty Re: Buying a Car

Post by David Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I've bought 2 cars in Guadalajara in the last 7 years. I found the process very easy and hassle free. If you want to deal with someone locally the use S&S whose reputation is stellar. The other good alternative is go to a dealer in Guad for the brand you wish to buy. PM me for more.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I recently had a positive buying experience while searching for a used Jalisco plated vehicle. I narrowed my search down by using the web site www.soloautos.com.mx. This is a site that connects a large number of smaller used car dealers with potential buyers all over Latin America. There are no private sellers on this site so it reduces the chance of wasting your time chasing a "chocolate" or some form of problem vehicle (stolen, etc.). The web site has an "easy-to-use" search engine where you select the make/model and range of age, price, etc. and then click on Jalisco if you want to buy locally.

In my search I found what I was looking for at Seminuevos CarFast which is located in Zapopan at Av. Naciones Unidas 5528. This small dealership is owned and operated by a brother/sister duo who took over the business when their father passed away last Deciembre. The brother (Juan Pablo) speaks excellent English and took great personal care of us and our transaction. He clearly explained the paper trail of the vehicle we were interested in all the way back to the original invoice (factura) including all of the annual Jalisco license fees and taxes that had been paid. He was not pushy and allowed us to have the vehicle taken to an independent 3rd party mechanic for an inspection, test drive, etc. Once we agreed on a fair price, he took care of all of the transfer paperwork and made sure everything was done correctly. On the day we picked up the vehicle, his sister came with us to the bank to help us with the payment transaction which I was very grateful of. This was a challenge in itself if you have ever dealt with the Mexican banking system!!! They even presented us with a nice bottle of wine as an appreciation of our business.

Juan Pablo can be reached at 3070-1010 and specializes in re-selling quality vehicles that the large dealers don't want to put on their lots (due to age or more niche models) as well as "end-of-lease" vehicles. He has another business specializing in small ticket leasing. He also said if he doesn't have what a customer is looking for on his lot, he can try and find it within the dealer network around the city.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:13 am

David wrote:I've bought 2 cars in Guadalajara in the last 7 years.  I found the process very easy and hassle free.  If you want to deal with someone locally the use S&S whose reputation is stellar.  The other good alternative is go to a dealer in Guad for the brand you wish to buy.  PM me for more.
S&S only deals with used cars at the S&S  lot lakeside. They go to Guad for new cars at the dealers.  Change from the past.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:38 am

I have not found S&S reputation to be stellar. PM me for more info if interested.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 am

I have. Maybe you had some difficulties, however their reputation IS stellar.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:26 am

I can only go by my situation and by the experience of several people I know.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Gamina wrote:I can only go by my situation and by the experience of several people I know.
And I can only go by my situation and the experience of several people I know. Any business no matter how good has bad transactions especially the used car business. I wouldn't touch his job looking at used cars with a ten foot pole. I am not
doubting you at all just pointing out I can say the same thing.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down