INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

buying off ebay

+2
Pedro
hickton
6 posters

Go down

buying off ebay Empty buying off ebay

Post by hickton Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:48 am

i want to purchase a new computer, have seen something on ebay at a good price, seller will ship via usps to mexico. i suppose i will have to pay iva and any duty, has anyone had any problems in shipping this way ?? t.i.a.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

buying off ebay Empty Re: buying off ebay

Post by Pedro Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:55 am

i've bought a few things off ebay. the last thing was a motorcycle seat from india and i only paid the seller and shipper price. no extra. the courier was dhl and they were outstanding.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:02 am

There's also Mercado Libre which is the Mexican e-bay. A friend buys stuff off it all the time.

Mercado Libre
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:06 am

thanks rosa venus, i have bought off mercadolibre a fewtimes and all was good, but prices are more expensive than ebay even after iva and any duty.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:13 pm

I bought a golf club, used, looked like new.   Customs held it up, insisting on 1800 pesos duty for a $150.00 USD purchase. I think the shaft was manufactured in China.

Computers are iffy as well.  When you ship into Mexico you are at the mercy of the god of duties.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 pm

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-424930208-pc-amd-fusion-bulldozer-fx-6100-8gb-ddr3-6-nucleos-1tb-hdd-_JM

I just bought a computer (plus UPS, printer/scanner, etc.) thru mercadolibre.com and have used it many times and find it basically hassle-free. You can pay by credit card, paypal or direct deposit. Delivery cost me about 150 pesos (Estafeta from Veracruz) and I received everything in a few days.

Above is a link to one similar to mine, though you will probably want something completely different, and this vendor is located in GDL, meaning that the computer can be picked up, if preferred.

When I use mercado libre, I only deal with the mercadolibre platinum (top rated) vendors. And you would need to know some Spanish to figure out how to do it all.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 am

If it's sent by postal service, have it registered. Sometimes things disappear. Make sure you have a proper invoice with the seller's address. Customs needs it and EBay will not help you.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down