INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blood donors urgently needed for sick friend

3 posters

Go down

blood donors urgently needed for sick friend Empty blood donors urgently needed for sick friend

Post by JayBear Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:20 am

My Ajijic friend Bev Gardner is in Hospital San Francisco in Guadalajara, and urgently needs people to go to the lab there and donate blood for her. Otherwise, the hospital will not give her more blood, which she urgently needs. To donate, you must be under age 65 and in good health with no hepatitis or other diseases. Sadly, 5 Mexican friends went to the hospital yesterday to donate and all were rejected for medical reasons. Please let me know if you can help--either email, PM or call me at 766-3244. I will cover transportation and expenses.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

blood donors urgently needed for sick friend Empty Re: blood donors urgently needed for sick friend

Post by JayBear Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:11 am

Here are regulations for San Javier Hospital which I copied from an old post on TOB. That post says the regulations are pretty standard for all Guad hospitals.

1. Between 18 and 65 years old
2. Weigh more than 50 kg (110 pounds)
3. Fasted for six hours before donating
4. The previous day, have eaten only water, juices, veggies and fruit,
no meat.
5. Medicines evaluated on a drug by drug basis.
6. No recent vaccinations
7. Can't have given blood in the previous 45 days
8. Do not have blood-borne diseases
9. Not pregnant, nursing, or menstruating
10 No tattoos in the past year. Many tattoos will probably be reason to
reject.
11 No alcohol for 48 hours prior to donating.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

blood donors urgently needed for sick friend Empty Re: blood donors urgently needed for sick friend

Post by Jim W Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:46 am

Contact Cruz Rojo, they have a donor list on their site.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks to some fast footwork by Dra. Morales and by Armando the private taxi driver who takes people to their medical appts. in Guadalajara, it appears that we have enough donors. BTW, my friend Bev planned to donate her own blood ahead of time, but the hospital informed her that she was too old to qualify to give herself blood, go figure.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:41 am

We were rejected as blood donors for a friend because we hadn't been in Mexico for over a year.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:51 am

That's a new one to me! I wish the Guad hospitals would get together and decide on joint regs for blood donors.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down