INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency!

2 posters

Go down

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency! Empty Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency!

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:13 pm

There is a very urgent need for blood for Tony Jackson as posted earlier - open heart surgery. One of the donors lined up was rejected and 2 did not show up. He still needs 3 donors for his surgery.

If you meet the following requirements or know someone willing to donate please contact Tony's doctor - it's an emergency now!
Dr. Juan Pablo in Chapala - office phone: 765 5477 or cell phone (045) 333-141-3364.
donors age 18-65
type: A rh negative or O rh negative
cannot be on medicine or have a blood born disease

Please pass the word to any other board you belong to.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency! Empty Sent reply

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:18 pm

Need communication.....Sent donor,.....who didn't show up?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency! Empty Don't know who didn't show - doctor not answering my emails

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Jim, I am sending emails to the doctor - he has not replied. I don't know who didn't show up as the doctor won't reply. A friend of Tony's posted on another web forum that now 7 donors are needed. I don't know what is going on and why I can't get an answer out of the doctor.

A friend just talked to Tony and he thinks Dr. Juan Pablo is the best doctor ever. But a Mexican doctor knows how to get blood - many people have offered money to pay for it, and the doctor should be able to find Mexican donors for money.

So I'm sorry I don't have answers for you. If the doctor ever answers my emails I'll let you and everyone know right away.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency! Empty Jim your donors are on the list

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 pm

I haven't been able to find out who didn't show but Jim I understand your two donors are on the list. Sorry for your frustration, I'm not getting answers fast enough either.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency! Empty Re: Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency!

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:11 am

Bump
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency! Empty Re: Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency!

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Dr. called me last night, and one of my donors couldn't find his office in Chapala. He is scheduled to go on Thursday, to donate. He is O neg. I am sure the other donor made the trip. Hope this helps.

Can additional units be purchased at a GDL blood bank? If so, how much, and does anyone know if purchased units must be replaced?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency! Empty Blood Bank?

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Jim,

Thank you again and again. The doctors office is located at: Guerrero 141-A - it's near the Legion in Chapala. The legion is on Hidalgo on the right as you are heading to the park - Hidalgo is one way toward the park. Make a left in Guerrero near the corner of the Legion and you will find his office - I haven't been there but was given directions. But I understand everyone is leaving from the Legion.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Oh, forgot to mention about blood banks. They have a very limited blood bank here in Mexico and hospitals only stock what they need. When I had surgery I had to go in a week ahead of time so they could blood type me (they didn't trust that I knew) and said they would order it for the day of my surgery. Fortunately I didn't need it or I would have to do the same thing Tony is doing only after the surgery.

And it's my understanding from friends in Guadalajara - she is a dentist and all her brothers are doctors is that you cannot purchase blood from the blood bank. Don't know why, but everyone has to replace blood they use. What is normally done here (as per my Mexican doctor friends) is they usually get all their young relatives to donate, or they have their doctor go to a university and advertise to pay for donors. I understand the going rate is 400 pesos.

I explained to Dr. Pablo that we had lots of money donors, and could he find donors to pay. It seemed that he was going to do that but don't know what happened. He doesn't have time to answer all my emails, and I can understand he must be really busy right now.

So the blood bank thing doesn't operate here they way it does in the US. My dad donated blood 4 times a year to the Pa. blood bank and he had tons of blood credit - came in handy when he nearly bled to death twice. But you can't do that here. Someone asked me if you could have your own blood frozen here - frozen and saved for an emergency. I don't know if that is possible but will ask my doctor next time I go.

simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:09 pm

I think there is a difference between IMSS blood requirement, and private. My friend required 6 units....we moved him from IMSS...to private hospital, and he got the blood he needed....we brought donors, paid for the 3 units, not donated....FYI
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Yes Jim, that is what I understand that from two surgeries I had - I have private insurance. I was blood typed a week before surgery and the hospital said they would have it on hand in case I needed it - which I didn't. I should ask my agent if I would have to replace it. Didn't even think about it at the time because I knew the hospital would have it if I needed it - San Javier. I don't think people with IMSS have a clue what they are in for. I've tried to tell some friends and they don't want to hear me.

But I doubt Tony can pay for the open heart surgery. My friend had that surgery in Guadalajara 3 years ago - had to pay $40,000 USD before they let him check out, and then get his US insurer to reimburse him. Not everyone has that kind of money and I doubt Tony has any insurance in the US. I wish there was more information about IMSS out there. I have many friends who have only IMSS and they can afford private insurance.

Carolyn
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:56 pm

....Why can't we purchase blood from Private bank...deliver to IMSS? Does anyone know?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 pm

simpsca wrote:Oh, forgot to mention about blood banks. They have a very limited blood bank here in Mexico and hospitals only stock what they need. When I had surgery I had to go in a week ahead of time so they could blood type me (they didn't trust that I knew) and said they would order it for the day of my surgery. Fortunately I didn't need it or I would have to do the same thing Tony is doing only after the surgery.

And it's my understanding from friends in Guadalajara - she is a dentist and all her brothers are doctors is that you cannot purchase blood from the blood bank. Don't know why, but everyone has to replace blood they use. What is normally done here (as per my Mexican doctor friends) is they usually get all their young relatives to donate, or they have their doctor go to a university and advertise to pay for donors. I understand the going rate is 400 pesos.

I explained to Dr. Pablo that we had lots of money donors, and could he find donors to pay. It seemed that he was going to do that but don't know what happened. He doesn't have time to answer all my emails, and I can understand he must be really busy right now.

So the blood bank thing doesn't operate here they way it does in the US. My dad donated blood 4 times a year to the Pa. blood bank and he had tons of blood credit - came in handy when he nearly bled to death twice. But you can't do that here. Someone asked me if you could have your own blood frozen here - frozen and saved for an emergency. I don't know if that is possible but will ask my doctor next time I go.

My other donor said he was going today....please update where we stand regarding need Very Happy I've lined up 3 ...unfortunately don't know who showed up....please advise and I will make more calls.

Jim w
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Urgent need for blood donors for Tony - emergency! Empty Status of donors for Tony

Post by simpsca Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Will do Jim, I'll contact the doctor right now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down