INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

+63
thomashellyer
Canada_Mike
SunshineyDay
Mexbaa
lunateak
Luisa
Nosnow
solajijic
sambrit10
Milena
DolceVita
bimini6
Lake Chapala Crime
Ezzie
little italy
Seventyseven
Mainecoons
gringal
ChickenLittle
kipissippi
zenwoodle
Chapalagringa
Guiness
MexicoPete
bman2
golfnut
JayBear
addtocart
hkrause
whatshername
Mad_Max
juanrey
joyfull
RoofBob
Pedro
itsme
jle
David
santaccl
Rosa Venus
viajero
blabbyabbey
hickton
Smartalex
Playaboy
slainte39
Traveller
Cheesehead
Lady Otter Latté
lotusflower
Trailrunner
TTT
Sideways
brigitte
Flamingo
CanuckBob
LaChula
arbon
Ms.Thang
Grizzy
espíritu del lago
saege007
Axixic
67 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 8 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by solajijic Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:40 am

It is unrealistic to think that anyone who did not grow up within a specific culture will understand where the lines are drawn. I can no more know the real culture here than I could if I moved into Appalachia or the deep south where those Duck Dynasty guys live. I can only hope to find a acceptable middle ground for my own behavior.

These most recent incidents has caused friends to discuss the old refrain of "we have so much they have so little" which has nothing to do with anything other than temptation. The majority of people resist temptation because of values. Occasionally values are superceded by need.

I understand the reason behind needing to find a motive. If there is no motive there is abject fear. Perfectly understandable.

Unless it involves our personal safety minding your own business is always safest.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 8 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by hickton Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:55 am

is there any confirmation the cops have got these killers?

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:57 am

Unfortunately, Mexican men do not like taking input, especially criticism, from a woman.  I'm NOT blaming the vicitm(s), just stating a fact.  Solaajijic's advice is right on.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:20 am

Considering all the police movement up in the barrio and around the hill, I'd say that no they have not got the guys yet. At least not all of them.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:25 am

Are you talking about the hill in Chapala and the robbery of the 2 Oxxo's in Chapala, or the murders in La Floresta? I am writing this and thinking to myself it is a rueful day when we have to distinguish WHICH current awful crime incident we are referring to!

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am

JayBear wrote:Are you talking about the hill in Chapala and the robbery of the 2 Oxxo's in Chapala, or the murders in La Floresta? I am writing this and thinking to myself it is a rueful day when we have to distinguish WHICH current awful crime incident we are referring to!
were the 2 oxxo's really robbed? - there was one post that was rumor - but I don't recall a confirmation from a second source -

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:47 am

JayBear wrote:Are you talking about the hill in Chapala and the robbery of the 2 Oxxo's in Chapala, or the murders in La Floresta? I am writing this and thinking to myself it is a rueful day when we have to distinguish WHICH current awful crime incident we are referring to!

I was talking about the original subject of this thread, the murders in La Floresta. The hill right outside my place that on the other side there is the Barrio San Miguel. Police chief and state police were down on this side for about an hour or so searching the hill. From a friend that lives on the other side, that area is crawling with police too.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 pm

The possible robberies of a couple of Oxxo stores is totally irrelevant to this discussion and has nothing to do with the presence of the state police.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Smartalex wrote:The possible robberies of a couple of Oxxo stores is totally irrelevant to this discussion and has nothing to do with the presence of the state police.
I wasn't the one to bring it up - but good idea to open new thread

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosnow Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:43 pm

There's a message on TOB. that the murderer has been caught.
The poster said that he got the word from the "Highest authority"

Nosnow
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Have you seen any newspaper reports on the armed robberies? can't seem to find anything in the Guad. newspapers.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Idk who eagle eye is but they claim to have first hand news that "the" murderer was captured.

In the tianguis this morning I was chatting with some people that live up on the hill in Chapala. They said yesterday and last night it was crazy with federales(right?not state?) anyway, they said there was one young man captured last night that they beat him terribly, pounding his head against the wall. They also said that one of the stolen vehicles had been found far out somewhere in Chapala.

I drove by the house today, it's a shame, the neighbor's house in construction has really low walls. As someone already stated, what a shame there wasn't better security in place to protect them.

I haven't seen state or federal police today.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Confirmed with our housekeeper who lives in Tlachichilco that one of the murdered couple's vehicles was recovered yesterday in the barrio, in front of the pre-school there. This is about 10 km. east of Chapala on the Chapala-Mezcala Hwy.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:19 pm

slainte39 wrote:

Have you seen any newspaper reports on the armed robberies? can't seem to find anything in the Guad. newspapers.
Wonder if the papers could sell enough advertising to print the extra pages necessary to report all the robberies.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:29 pm

Well, the armed robbery in the same day of TWO Oxxo stores blocks from each other would be a bit unusual and worthy of some media attention. Even in the U.S. where robberies, murders and carjackings are not uncommon, something outside the usual pattern gets media attention. You know, the "man bites dog" theory of journalism.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:35 pm

The Farmacia Guadalajara on Pepe Guizar got robbed twice in rapid succession soon after it opened and only La Pagina reported it. It doesn't seem like the Oxxo robberies would draw any more attention than that would. It's barely even local news except for the unusual detail.

Last edited by Ms.Thang on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
I haven't seen state or federal police today.  

Eight or nine Federale vehicles passed me this afternoon.  I was driving east on the carretara, in the La Floresta area (somewhere between Bugambilias Plaza and Walmart).

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:40 pm

It's also possible that Oxxo would prefer not to have that information reported. It might frighten people and cause them to shop someplace "safer".
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:41 pm

That post on tob disappeared. Waiting to see something show up in the news. They've been gathering up a lot of guys to interview and it wasn't only one person...going to take a while to process them.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:That post on tob disappeared.  Waiting to see something show up in the news.  They've been gathering up a lot of guys to interview and it wasn't only one person...going to take a while to process them.  
Not surprised.  If it's not about rainbows and unicorns, TOB makes it go away.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Nosnow wrote:There's a message on TOB. that the murderer has been caught.

That thread has been removed and the original discussion of the murders is locked so it has drifted to the 2nd page. There was a discussion concerning having the thread locked and that has also been removed. This of course leaves important topics like eye lifts, permanent makeup and where to buy sod on the first page where they belong.

Thank you CBob for having this place to share news and grieve. Closing the thread before there was any resolution seems so disrespectful somehow.

And in the new pet section, a friend reported that they are keeping Nina's beloved dog Merlin until they hear from family so he is safe and sound.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:57 pm

I wish the Oxxo on the west side of Ajijic near me would not employ young mothers with a kid or two underfoot in the store to run things. I think that is too dangerous a place to be in the hands of young girls. BTW I am of the female persuasion myself and no sissy, but this bothers me. I would prefer to see a biker with a few tattoos in charge. What do you suppose is Oxxo's theory on this--better to be a wuss than fight, maybe? Hoping robbers will just take the money and run? Do they have a surveillance camera? La Huerta recently installed a surveillance camera--probably just to discourage shoplifting--and I bet they are feeling glad they did.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Horrible tragedy. I do wonder about the judgement of the victims. The lady lived in Thailand. I would assume she would not get invloved in workers affairs, also have extra tight security. Again, i do not blame the victim, but i wonder about her. She really loved animals i know this. Both South Asia and Mexico can be dangerous if you make a wrong move, or leave a window unbarred. Slaint is correct, you can not leave a stone unturned.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:54 pm

JayBear wrote:I would prefer to see a biker with a few tattoos in charge. What do you suppose is Oxxo's theory on this--better to be a wuss than fight, maybe? Hoping robbers will just take the money and run?  
Deleted.

Last edited by viajero on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Flamingo wrote:
Nosnow wrote:There's a message on TOB. that the murderer has been caught.

That thread has been removed and the original discussion of the murders is locked so it has drifted to the 2nd page. There was a discussion concerning having the thread locked and that has also been removed. This of course leaves important topics like eye lifts, permanent makeup and where to buy sod on the first page where they belong.

Thank you CBob for having this place to share news and grieve. Closing the thread before there was any resolution seems so disrespectful somehow.

And in the new pet section, a friend reported that they are keeping Nina's beloved dog Merlin until they hear from family so he is safe and sound.

Some things should be gone.....

A few people were distracted and amused by "an elephant in the room". This situation is devoid of humour.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:11 pm

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/one-man-arrested-in-connection-to-murder-of-canadian-couple-in-mexico-1.1683314?fb_action_ids=10152252701351974&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1403229833268133%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.recommends%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next