INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

+63
thomashellyer
Canada_Mike
SunshineyDay
Mexbaa
lunateak
Luisa
Nosnow
solajijic
sambrit10
Milena
DolceVita
bimini6
Lake Chapala Crime
Ezzie
little italy
Seventyseven
Mainecoons
gringal
ChickenLittle
kipissippi
zenwoodle
Chapalagringa
Guiness
MexicoPete
bman2
golfnut
JayBear
addtocart
hkrause
whatshername
Mad_Max
juanrey
joyfull
RoofBob
Pedro
itsme
jle
David
santaccl
Rosa Venus
viajero
blabbyabbey
hickton
Smartalex
Playaboy
slainte39
Traveller
Cheesehead
Lady Otter Latté
lotusflower
Trailrunner
TTT
Sideways
brigitte
Flamingo
CanuckBob
LaChula
arbon
Ms.Thang
Grizzy
espíritu del lago
saege007
Axixic
67 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 12 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by Seventyseven Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:49 am

brigitte wrote:That is called good PR. The police got the 2 criminals quickly and you better believe that is they are put away from a long time there will be plenty of publicity.
I don not think any criminal is put away for a "long time" in mexico. No one has checked Chris Kahr's murderers? How do we know? Maybe these criminals will be out and about in time for another high season?

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Double murder robbery in La Floresta? - Page 12 Empty Re: Double murder robbery in La Floresta?

Post by brigitte Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:53 am

No point assuming anything , time will tell.We had all the nay sayers saying the police would not do anything, they were proven wrong so now let´s see what happens and then we can talk.

Long time is all relative , the US look at life sentences and death penalty Europe and Mexico do not. 15 , 20 years is a long time. You cannot expect the same type of justice as the country you come from but I bet you they will try to give him the maximum but as I said we will see.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:49 pm

This case was was a matter of chance. The neighbor called the right paper, & the journalist took this seriously. It is purely coinsidence. I do not think the officals care about the "image" of Mexico. There has been bad press for years. If you look at Google, you will see this. I am also sure that the family of the victims may have connections with the consulate. This incident will be forgotton. Mexico has become a center for manufacturing, the tourist trade may not be number one.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:10 pm

brigitte wrote:No point assuming anything , time will tell.We had all the nay sayers saying the police would not do anything, they were proven wrong so now let´s see what happens and then we can talk.

Long time is all relative , the US look at life sentences and death penalty Europe and Mexico do not. 15 , 20 years is a long time. You cannot expect the same type of justice as the country you come from but I bet you they will try to give him the maximum but as I said we will see.
I know we do not have the same justice system. It would be helpful if we knew what is going on with Christoper Kahrs killer. Possibly Spencer would know that? This can give us an idea of what to expect. This information should not be secret.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:12 pm

I don't think that's too much to ask! Hey, Dale Palfrey! The foreign community - and probably much of the Mexican community - wants an update as to the judicial outcome of the Christopher Kahr case and the person charged with his murder.

Would you do a write up on that, please? In light of the recent events, it's really not too much to ask.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:42 pm

And the home invasions/double homicides in July 2012 and February 2013. Was anyone caught and charged in either incident?
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:41 pm

I spoke to a Chapala police officer today. He told me that not only are the two brothers in custody but a woman as well who was also involved in the break in and killings. She was not as involved as the brothers but she was involved. I did not ask for any more specifics.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Trail Runner, Can you follow up on chris kahr's killers? I am not good with these issues. That case was high profile, and in the U.S. papers. As you recall, it was Linda Fossi time. Also Spencer said they would be in for "a long time"? Its 2 1/2 years, is that time up? Nothing we can do about this, but we should know. A laundry list may be too much to ask.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:39 pm

And what about the guy who shot and killed the owner of Taco Compadre, the taco stand at the carretera and Javier Mina, in front of his 7 year old daughter? Most people I talk to don't even know it happened, let alone whether a culprit was ever caught. I agree that the huge fuss law enforcement is making over this is an embarrassment. I mean, obviously I want crimes like the La Floresta murder investigated and prosecuted, but I want to see equal time for Mexican locals.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventyseven Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:59 pm

He was a small time dealer. The police are not going to discuss that. Dont complicate issues. That is not your business to ask. It has nothing to do with home invasions. How dare you call this investigation an embarrasment. There is a new person in charge now, and he is doing the right thing. Finally, there is some real action. How dare you compare drug murders with this one! Apologize to the friends of the victims.

Seventyseven
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:20 pm

The MP told me that with the case number you can find out what happens, if you have no case number and you are not a relative..I do not know if you can find out.
Spencer can probably tell us.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I don't think that's too much to ask!  Hey, Dale Palfrey!  The foreign community - and probably much of the Mexican community - wants an update as to the judicial outcome of the Christopher Kahr case and the person charged with his murder.  

Would you do a write up on that, please?  In light of the recent events, it's really not too much to ask.

in todays reporter, she says that next week she will delve into previous homicides in the expat community. So why don't you email her at the reporter with your requests. I searched on all of the guys arrested- and nothing on line after Dec 2011 and that was just to announce their arrests.

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Seventyseven wrote:He was a small time dealer. The police are not going to discuss that. Dont complicate issues. That is not your business to ask. It has nothing to do with home invasions. How dare you call this investigation an embarrasment. There is a new person in charge now, and he is doing the right thing. Finally, there is some real action. How dare you compare drug murders with this one! Apologize to the friends of the victims.

Well, maybe the Taco Compadre shooting wasn't a good example, but my point was, I have no idea how I was to know the situation when there was no followup on it. (And not sure where you got your information...?) All I knew was, a man was shot and killed at his place of business three blocks from my home in front of his small daughter (who was also injured and obviously an innocent victim) and I never heard anything more about it. For all I knew it was a robbery or an extortion attempt gone bad.

And the embarrassment this time is not in the fact that they mobilized the police so quickly and found (hopefully) the culprits. I think that's great. I think the crime was horrendous and hope the guys never get out of prison. I just want the same attention given to crimes against Mexicans. Maybe with this new guy that will happen...? Time will tell.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Here's a link to the Guad Reporter story:

http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/news/news/lake-chapala/43545-police-nab-prime-suspect-in-double-homicide-case
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Happy to write Dale but I no longer have her email address, can you PM it to me LCC?

Thanks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:45 pm

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but in the case of Nina and Eduardo, THE POLICE KNEW WHO TO LOOK FOR. They had one suspect who was turned in by the doctor and who confessed and gave the names of the others who were involved. Finding the murder is much less likely when you don't have the names of the suspects.

Yes they made it a high profile search. What do you expect???
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Flamingo wrote:I hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but in the case of Nina and Eduardo, THE POLICE KNEW WHO TO LOOK FOR. They had one suspect who was turned in by the doctor and who confessed and gave the names of the others who were involved. Finding the murder is much less likely when you don't have the names of the suspects.

No one was ever turned in by the doctor. I was at a meeting on Wednesday with the mayor, police chief and US consulate that was held at the American Legion and we asked whether the Cruz Roja story was true, and it was not. Also, the vehicle was dumped on the way to Ocotlan, not in a local barrio.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lake Chapala Crime Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Flamingo wrote:I hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but in the case of Nina and Eduardo, THE POLICE KNEW WHO TO LOOK FOR. They had one suspect who was turned in by the doctor and who confessed and gave the names of the others who were involved. Finding the murder is much less likely when you don't have the names of the suspects.

By doctor - do you mean the red cross rumor? If that is what you mean, the rumor has been declared false - we asked - they answered.

Lake Chapala Crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:13 pm

The investigation had to start close to home.  Question the workers next door.  It was known that there were complaints about workers next door.  Their car is found on the outskirts of Chapala(municipales de Poncitlán).  Considering that they left fingerprints everywhere and had been booked in jail as recent as January 27, 2014 for those who saw that mug shot before it was pulled off of twitter, already known as aggressive.  That's why Spencer is encouraging people to have a criminal report done on people you don't know.  If they've already been in and out of jail for stealing recently, why let them work near your property?  The stolen property is in the house of the one of those brothers.  I've read several reports that authorities are waiting for a search warrant to recover it, hope it's being guarded.

I've also read some of the Spanish comments following updates on this story.  There is an expression of disgust towards the persons responsible and also an outcry that they'd like this same type of service for quick resolve.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Saege...You said you say the police searching the hill across the street from you. The news stories mention that the killers had a hideout on the hill near where they lived. Could be the same hill...Cerro de San Migel.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TTT Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:37 pm

There was a meeting at the American Legion. Was this another "by invitation only" gathering?

TTT

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:08 am

Smartalex wrote:Saege...You said you say the police searching the hill across the street from you. The news stories mention that the killers had a hideout on the hill near where they lived. Could be the same hill...Cerro de San Migel.

Yep. They are from the other side of that hill.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:11 am

TTT wrote:There was a meeting at the American Legion. Was this another "by invitation only" gathering?

It was a meeting with just a few people. A good friend of the couple that was murdered, and a four members of the Legion. It was very short notice.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:32 am

why would the us consulate get involved in a case involving canadian citizens?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:57 am

Since the Jalisco officials met with the Canadian community it only makes sense that they would also meet with the US community.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:18 am

Damage control. This story is being reported widely in the U.S. As well as Canada. Words like "isolated incident" hope to reassure the public and avoid a damaging blow to tourism.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next