INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you Deposit a U.S. check in HSBC and get pesos?

5 posters

Go down

Can you Deposit a U.S. check in HSBC and get pesos? Empty Can you Deposit a U.S. check in HSBC and get pesos?

Post by sm1mex Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Can a U.S. check be deposited at HSBC and then when the check clears I can draw out pesos?
If yes, how long does it take a U..S. check to clear?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Can you Deposit a U.S. check in HSBC and get pesos? Empty Re: Can you Deposit a U.S. check in HSBC and get pesos?

Post by Rolly Sat May 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Yes.
It usually takes 2 weeks to clear a check, but it can take longer sometimes.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Can you Deposit a U.S. check in HSBC and get pesos? Empty Re: Can you Deposit a U.S. check in HSBC and get pesos?

Post by sm1mex Sat May 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Oh my. I thought they were in the electronic age where it would clear in a day or 2.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat May 03, 2014 3:00 pm

The bank gets an OK overnight confirming that the account has the money, but the Mexican bank wants to wait until the check is seen by the foreign bank to be sure the check itself is valid.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat May 03, 2014 3:27 pm

the cheques i write to intercam appear as a debit on my account in about 5 days even though i get cash instantly because i am registered with them. it's highly unlikely hsbc will even cash your cheque if you don't have an account with the branch in question.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sat May 03, 2014 4:04 pm

a few years ago I stopped at the branch at Laguna mall and asked about opening an account with a US check. They advised it would take 7 weeks to clear. The man said this with a straight face. Perhaps their policy has improved -

At that time, I went on to Bancomer - they processed the check in less than 2 weeks.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat May 03, 2014 7:57 pm

Intercam now will only cash $1,000.00 a week and no more. If I have my roof done or house painted and need many thousands of pesos to pay for it, it will take many weeks to get the pesos from Intercam so I am looking for an alternative to get pesos in a larger amount if it is needed. My roof may cost 25-30,000 pesos to have a membrane and sealed this year. No way can I get it at about 1200.00 pesos a week from the Intercam. this has really messed things up with them.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 04, 2014 7:48 am

Folks do some research before you use HSBC.  The bank locally does not have the best reputation and waiting is one of the problems.  Bancomer is much more friendly in my opinion of course others may feel differently.  Oh yea HSBC has a reputation as a money laundering bank and more interested in big investors than you or I.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down