INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crime and how to stop it

+8
mexicobear
will and betty
hockables
brigitte
CanuckBob
confused
SunFan
Intercasa
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Crime and how to stop it Empty Crime and how to stop it

Post by Intercasa Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:28 pm

I recently translated for an interview with the police chief as well as have had conversations with the ministerio publico.

I was shocked by what was said, many, many break ins are inside jobs with the workers tipping people off (many times family members) as well as condo and private security guards.

Also the fact that many people in Ajijic prefer to rob than work and they prey on the foreigners knowing that they are too busy to report crimes and that they fall for a sob story and will let almost anyone into their home. So many people are careless and let criminals into their home and then things go missing and then to add insult to injury they fire them but have no proof although know the people orchestrated the thefts and then have to pay 3 months wages as indemnization for letting the workers go.

The police are implementing a pilot program where they will do background checks on workers and give them an ID card and track the places they work to correlate burglaries and people who seem to work at or near the scenes of crimes. They will also check the families of workers as many have family members who are criminals and do not work.

I have had people come to me and speak about their workers and they do not know their names nor where they live.

Please due some due diligence and do not believe sob stories and don't let anybody into your home. Also DO NOT RECOMMEND WORKERS unless you know them very well and remember if things disappear then you are being ripped off by your workers. People often get hit many times and the bad guys are in your home when you are gone for 15 minutes and know exactly where to go. Be very wary of people referring a worker to you that they really do not know, ask questions, or else face being a victim, it is also not being a good neighbor to allow random people in the neighborhood.

The police want people to be proactive and to call them to report suspicious people and vehicles. You all know the cars on your street or should know them to know when a stranger is nearby casing homes or there are bad guys. Also if you see people sitting around you need to report it. Call the police directly and not necessarily the security company (many are involved) if you live on a street where anybody can access.

We need to send a strong message that criminal behavior will not be tolerated and that people will report crimes and bad guys be arrested so people better study or get a job as crime will not pay anymore. Educate your neighbors, do not let their naivete affect your peace and security.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Crime and how to stop it Empty Re: Crime and how to stop it

Post by SunFan Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Absolutely on the mark! Common sense.

If we don't protect ourselves why would we expect respect from the Poloicia.

I will share this with all my friends

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by confused Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:40 am

. The administration, of our condo, is talking about requiring background checks on any worker allowed in the gated community, including maids, carpenters, plumbers etc. The workers will have to have this background check competed and filed at the office. There will be an approved list of workers and only those can come in. Some owners are balking at this. I think its a good idea, considering what you wrote.

I wish we could get a translated letter, from the chief of police, with these recommendations. Or, something in the Guadalajara reporter. Perhaps that would sway all of the owners. In the meantime, we can send a link around of your post. Maybe that would help.

I hope they implement that program. The workers with that card would be more employable, that's for certain.

confused

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:50 am

Sounds like a great idea as long as they have several options for each trade so as to maintain healthy competition and not to create a monopoly.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:01 am

My post was from when I translated for the online newspaper http://lakechapalareporter.com/ there is the full text of the interview I translated. Obviously some other comments are from private conversations with the prosecutor but the majority was from the published interview.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:46 am

I am out of town and did not follow the story but would it helped if people requested a copy od the Credencial card and a copy of carta de policia or is it useless because most people who are ripping off their emplyers are not reported so have a clean record?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 am

People need to report crimes as if they do not then crime does pay and you hurt your neighbor. Many people do have criminal records and others may behave better if you know their names and where they live, etc.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:03 am

Agreed 100%. People should have copies of credencial to sart with, they would give them at least name and addresses and they should check references not just one and one of the questions should be have you been robbed during the time this employees was working at your house or after.
It is amazing how many people do not know the 2 last names of their emplowws or their address .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:22 pm

the motives might be sincere... the methods and the overtones leave me a little squeamish....

make these people card carrying " approved " domestic help...

maybe you want to issue uniforms for their approved positions and tattoo numbers on them to make it more difficult to forge

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by will and betty Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Well said, hockables.

will and betty

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicobear Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Ecellent idea. What do we do if we already have a maid employed? Would it be bad manners to run a check on the family? I think yes.

mexicobear

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:40 pm

hockables wrote:the motives might be sincere... the methods  and the overtones leave me a little squeamish....

make these people card carrying " approved " domestic help...

maybe you want to issue uniforms for their approved positions and tattoo numbers on them to make it more difficult to forge

Most employers NOB do a very extensive background check on potential employees. We used to pay an investigative company that did this. Some even check out the prospects Facebook activities and such. While the prospects were not expected to "carry a card" they certainly had to be bondable which means they do not have a criminal record of a crime that negates the bond. Not much different than what is being suggested here. Perhaps this is a business opportunity for Spencer if he has the contacts to do the research.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:45 pm

I always had to provide all kinds of nformation when I applied for a job, give copy of my green card , my references were checked and I was not working in anyone´s home.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:52 pm

You wouldn't believe the background checks they do on potential employees now Brigitte. In British Columbia it is extremely difficult to terminate an employee once they are hired so companies want to get it right the first time. The company we used to investigate potential employees did 5 reference checks. If the person didn't have that many jobs previously they called friends and family members.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Well, I would expect your " Bonded " personnel to receive PREMIUM WAGES for the Special Security Status ... a little extra for your own Peace Of Mind

If people aren't able to make general inquiries about employment history, references, etc... and they leave themselves overly exposed without taking simple precautions... then they are to ignorant to manage, employ others.

Cut yer own F'n Lawn...  Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Premium wages........jajajaja. Even MacDonald's & Wal-Mart employees NOB have to be bondable. They make comparatively less than most of the maids and gardener's around here.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Well... those people @ McDonald's make $10.00 an hour for handling my French Fries...

I'm talking about the guy who makes $10.00 a day for Picking Up Dog Shit, Trimming The Bougainvilleas, and Cutting The Lawn....

Maybe the ones who are to Naïve to ask the Necessary Questions should look to hire thru an Agency... or cut their own f'n lawns... lol...  Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:39 am

The gardeners and maids in Ajijic generally make $50 MX per hour which comparatively translates to about the same or more than $10 CDN per hour in Vancouver. These are the people we are talking about in this discussion.

If you are only paying your people $100 pesos per day then..............

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:52 am

CanuckBob wrote:The gardeners and maids in Ajijic generally make $50 MX per hour which comparatively translates to about the same or more than $10 CDN per hour in Vancouver. These are the people we are talking about in this discussion.

Bob.... yer Math seems a little skewed... stand up and be counted any of you fine folks who pay your maid or gardener $40.00 a day....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 am

I pay $45/hr plus some benefits bringing it close to $50 + or-.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:04 am

MexicoPete wrote:I pay $45/hr plus some benefits bringing it close to $50  + or-.

Good for you Pete...

I'm sure he or she is worth the pay... how long have they been with you?

By the way.... are you going to interview their friends and families to get them some badges?

as some alluded to " it's really for their own good... "
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:15 am

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges."
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:41 am

hockables wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:The gardeners and maids in Ajijic generally make $50 MX per hour which comparatively translates to about the same or more than $10 CDN per hour in Vancouver. These are the people we are talking about in this discussion.

Bob.... yer Math seems a little skewed... stand up and be counted any of you fine folks who pay your maid or gardener $40.00 a day....

UH..... the better question would be "how many pay them $50 mx per hour". I doubt anyone employs them by the day. Everyone I know is paying about the same rate in Ajijic. Nobody said anything about badges or cards (except you). A criminal background check is what is being discussed. Yes, it would be difficult for those that already have them in their employ however easy for someone looking for a new maid or gardener.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 am

CanuckBob wrote:
hockables wrote:

UH..... the better question would be "how many pay them $50 mx per hour". I doubt anyone employs them by the day. Everyone I know is paying about the same rate in Ajijic. Nobody said anything about badges or cards (except you). A criminal background check is what is being discussed. Yes, it would be difficult for those that already have them in their employ however easy for someone looking for a new maid or gardener.

Spencer's posting was about ID cards and tracking ability ... next was a ringing endorsement... followed by condo pre certified approved help no others allowed ... followed by Bob's ringing endorsement ..... who isn't talking about cards or badges... oh yeah... you... when you take it back to Vancouver and McDonald's and Bonding... when in point of Fact.... that was what nobody was talking about
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:05 am

To bond people you need to know their names and where they live,they also do a credit check. The police are trying to connect the burglaries, seems the same people seem to do them although some prefer to steal instead of work and after only working for someone for a month or so will get referred to work at another home, too easy to steal here.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next