INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pizza Update?

+18
espíritu del lago
Bigbird
hockables
gringal
lunateak
Jim W
slainte39
dcampbell757
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
kitchener
Zedinmexico
Pedro
David
windrider17
Ms.Thang
Chapalagringa
kb9gzg
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pizza Update? - Page 3 Empty Re: Pizza Update?

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:26 pm

dough mix, technique, and oven temps.

Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:05 pm

only dominos knows how to make pizza crust here.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Update on Trattoria di Axixic: yesterday's pizza was overdosed on olive oil, and limp as a rag. Dominos?
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 pm

There is high praise being sung on another thread about Perry´s pizza. I´d try that before Domino´s.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 pm

kb9gzg wrote:Update on Trattoria di Axixic: yesterday's pizza was overdosed on olive oil, and limp as a rag. Dominos?
yes dominos, try peperoni,bacon[breakfast bacon] mushrooms and onions. all ingredients on top of the cheese
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Pedro wrote:
kb9gzg wrote:Update on Trattoria di Axixic: yesterday's pizza was overdosed on olive oil, and limp as a rag. Dominos?
yes dominos, try peperoni,bacon[breakfast bacon] mushrooms and onions. all ingredients on top of the cheese

opposed to the bottom or side of the pizza? Where did you get pizza with the ingredients elsewhere? scratch
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:52 pm

With a wood fired oven, it would have taken them less than 2 min to bake you a new one, why didn't you tell them it was a mess?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:05 pm

As opposed to being covered by the cheese. Rolling Eyes scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:

With a wood fired oven, it would have taken them less than 2 min to bake you a new one, why didn't you tell them it was a mess?  

I was in such shock after our previous experiences, and as my wife said that she liked it (she's Italian), I thought that maybe I had ordered it that way, and was completely unable to bring myself to complain. She ate her share, and I brought mine home. It tasted a little better the next day. Rolling Eyes
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm

"As opposed to being covered by the cheese."

Slainte, apparently you have not heard about the nefarious pizza makers who hide the toppings under the cheese. Some people have had to hire body guards to go to lunch with them and ensure full disclosure of toppings. You laugh now, but when you discover inferior pepperoni hidden under cheese, you will be laughing out of the other side of your face, mister.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Hey! I am able to count on one hand the number of times that I have returned my steaks to the kitchen to have them stanch the blood; however, I usually rationalize not returning food to the kitchen. Has to do with an unresolved Oedipal complex. Pizza Update? - Page 3 477249
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Tango's pizza is pretty good, best if you have them put some Argentine chorizo on it IMHO.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"As opposed to being covered by the cheese."

Slainte, apparently you have not heard about the nefarious pizza makers who hide the toppings under the cheese. Some people have had to hire body guards to go to lunch with them and ensure full disclosure of toppings. You laugh now, but when you discover inferior pepperoni hidden under cheese, you will be laughing out of the other side of your face, mister.
he got it right,you dint. it is a common faux pas amongst people who don't make pizza correctly
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:47 pm

kb9gzg, I love that your wife is Italian! How long are you and your wife going to be down here in the area?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"As opposed to being covered by the cheese."

Lady  O, I realize, and knew what you are saying, but couldn't understand why the second poster (on this sub-topic) couldn't figure out where else they might put the cheese (incorrectly).  
The side or the bottom of the pizza??  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:45 pm

the second poster thought it was a funny comment to emphatically say the toppings were on top of the cheese! lolol I too knew what it meant.  sillies I was wanting to know where these pizzas were being eaten at?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:42 am

Chapalagringa wrote:kb9gzg,  I love that your wife is Italian!  How long are you and your wife going to be down here in the area?  

Actually, Chapalagringa, I would have been more correct saying that she is second generation U.S. (her grandparents were born on the east side of the central Apennines). She doesn't speak the language, and doesn't cook, which could have given me reason to doubt her evaluation of that olive-oiled pizza. Pizza Update? - Page 3 477249

Regrettably, we return to the fall colors and temperatures of Wisconsin toward the end of October.

Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day (http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html)! pirat
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 pm

Okay, everyone. Here's the latest and bestest (as posted on TOB):

Granting that "the best pizza" is certainly a matter of personal taste and opinion, our search for the best pizza Lakeside is over. Perry's is the place!

This afternoon, Josue (i.e., Joshua) took our order for pepperoni, Italian sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, and onions (I forgot my wife's olives Rolling Eyes ), and a bit later when I realized that I hadn't asked for a good char, Josue started to rush upstairs (the location of Perry's wood-fired oven) to let Perry know. I told him not to bother, but he said that it would be no trouble, and off he went.

The place is Perry's converted garage, simple and clean, with sturdy card tables covered with picnic table cloths, and metal chairs. Utilitarian, but comfortable.

When Josue served our piping hot pizza, it looked absolutely gorgeous. There was a very nice char at the edges and underneath, and the pieces were not floppy when held. Each bite resulted in a crunch, yet there was also a very nice chew. The crust was flavorful, as were all of the ingredients as they melded together to produce pizza perfection. We were the only customers at the time, and Perry sat at an adjoining table, so we were able to get to know one another.

Perry makes his own dough and sauce (right amount/right taste), and slices (not dices) his Italian sausage. He uses three traditional cheeses, plus a tad of cheddar "for color" (didn't taste the cheddar). He said that he has been "experimenting" with his pizzas for about two months, and I told him that his work has paid off!

With two Sprites, our meal came to $155 pesos, and we brought home enough for me to have just consumed a reheated piece (just as tasty as this afternoon's), for my wife to have a slice later this evening, and one right out of the refrigerator for my breakfast tomorrow morning.

Perry's is to be at least a weekly destination for us (he told us about his burgers, chili, pulled pork, and clam chowder). Try it--my wife and I think that you'll like it!

Last edited by kb9gzg on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:00 pm

THANK YOU for your excellent review!
This does it. I am off to Perry´s soonest. I am thinking sausage, mushrooms and olives. Thumbs up
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Yes!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:34 pm

I am sticken with my wifes pizza......home made, 2 pizza stones.......love her chicken garlic/w/artichoke hearts. with roasted garlic white sauce.....thin or thick crust.   She perfected it when we lived above grand coulee dam.......living 50 miles from the nearest stop light.......back in 2002 when we retired. And yes she makes it here in Chapala for appreciated guests. Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Oh, that sounds amazing! Tell Deb that I would appreciate the hell out of her forever iffen she made that pizza here some one of these days!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Yer on Lady O, I promise when we return in Feb, we will cut the crust together! Thick or thin......your choice. cheers
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble on this thread, but, pizza here , regardless where you go is inconsistent.

Curious why anyone moving to Mexico is concerned about pizza quality vs., great authentic Mexico food with awesome salsa? Just wondering? Sorry for taking thread off track!

Back to Pizza now!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:34 pm

"... I promise when we return in Feb, we will cut the crust together!"

It is a date!!!!

As for your next post: My answer would be "Because people can not live on Mexican food alone."
I was resigned when I moved here to not having pizza at all. Then I thought even an inferior pizza tastes good every now and then. Eventually, I began to obsess on what I could not have: delicious authentic pizza. And, if Perry can provide that, why WOULDN´T I not reward his persistence? Will let you know after I try it if Perry´s Pizza does it for me.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:40 pm

PERFECT! We had a party for 12 serving, Cioppino , great party, everyone brought a selection of clams, shrimp, crab, various fish. Now that is a great party, seldom experienced anywhere.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next