INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why DO people leave?

+42
Trailrunner
David
Aer-
holdrja
UrbanMan
ltollefs
islandiver
Nosnow
MexicoPete
twelveoaks
mazdee
papa chango
Lost Dog
suegarn
Lady Otter Latté
ferret
espíritu del lago
Semalu
coffeeguy
Smartalex
Zedinmexico
Perritonegro
Rockerfeller
windrider17
Jim W
brigitte
Pedro
slainte39
kiko
oncesubtle
Clueless
Chapalagringa
Rubia
jrm30655
zenwoodle
hockables
viajero
Playaboy
gringomojado
Intercasa
CanuckBob
gringal
46 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

why DO people leave? - Page 7 Empty Re: why DO people leave?

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Kip, didn't you used to hang out down here all the time with plans for moving down? I know we attended some functions together about 8 years ago.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Yup... Although we came down a couple of times after that. Haven't been down in about four years. Then I got involved with a dog rescue up here.... who knew a sucker when they saw one!  They had me so loaded with sad needy critters...we haven't been anywhere in ages.  Finally realized they were REALLY taking advantage of my bleeding heart... and we're now down to a manageable number of dogs and cats.    Of course I lost my mind and bought the little cow.  Now THERE"S a real "tie down".  Amazing health advantages in drinking "clean" raw milk though.  

Had decided to just stay here...till heat put Hal in the hospital for a week.  He was working on the well at the time...so the whole shebang came down on me...plus no water...all of it had to be packed from the fire station five miles away... the heat was horrendous, I was doing my chores, his chores and milking my little cow twice a day.  It just about did me in. AND... I had to drive my four wheel drive pickup ..with the water tanks in the back...everywhere. When I went out to follow the ambulance to the hospital...I suddenly realized I didn't have a clue how to start our new Prius!  That's when I realized..we can't do this.  If something happens to either of us..we're screwed.  So big place or small place... we've got our sites on Lakeside.  Probably somewhere between Joco and Puerto Corona.  

It's almost like all the signs are saying  GO.  Last summer was wonderful..this summer has been miserable.  So hot and humid that I have to change every time I come in 'cause I'm soaked.  This isn't fun.  Oh yeah..our ancient (17 year old) AC decided this was the time to disintegrate.  So we've been waiting on the AC guys to finish the job.  Thank god I bought a couple of roll around ACs ..or we wouldn't have made it.  That's 20 grand we won't have to spend in Mexico!

We're spending all of our time at the moment finishing up projects so the realtors will have a sparkling turn key ranch to sell.  So many people have no imagination..so it all has to be ready to go... and the sooner the better. So far this damned metal mosaic back splash has resisted being cut by every thing we have. I'm thinking maybe my plasma cutter will do the job. Grrrrrr... That's the thing...it's always something.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:22 pm

Kip, you sound so ready (more than ready) to make the move. And you already have friends here to help when you land. One foot in front of the other brave woman with a plan.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Thanks ottergirl. I am sooo looking forward to it. You have no idea how oppressive a Mississippi summer can be... until you've had to work outdoors in the heat. My Oregon body gets highly offended!!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofburros Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:24 am

kipissippi wrote:Yup... Although we came down a couple of times after that. Haven't been down in about four years. Then I got involved with a dog rescue up here.... who knew a sucker when they saw one!  They had me so loaded with sad needy critters...we haven't been anywhere in ages.  Finally realized they were REALLY taking advantage of my bleeding heart... and we're now down to a manageable number of dogs and cats.    Of course I lost my mind and bought the little cow.  Now THERE"S a real "tie down".  Amazing health advantages in drinking "clean" raw milk though.  

Had decided to just stay here...till heat put Hal in the hospital for a week.  He was working on the well at the time...so the whole shebang came down on me...plus no water...all of it had to be packed from the fire station five miles away... the heat was horrendous, I was doing my chores, his chores and milking my little cow twice a day.  It just about did me in. AND... I had to drive my four wheel drive pickup ..with the water tanks in the back...everywhere.  When I went out to follow the ambulance to the hospital...I suddenly realized I didn't have a clue how to start our new Prius!   That's when I realized..we can't do this.  If something happens to either of us..we're screwed.  So big place or small place... we've got our sites on Lakeside.  Probably somewhere between Joco and Puerto Corona.  

It's almost like all the signs are saying  GO.  Last summer was wonderful..this summer has been miserable.  So hot and humid that I have to change every time I come in 'cause I'm soaked.  This isn't fun.  Oh yeah..our ancient (17 year old) AC decided this was the time to disintegrate.  So we've been waiting on the AC guys to finish the job.  Thank god I bought a couple of roll around ACs ..or we wouldn't have made it.  That's 20 grand we won't have to spend in Mexico!

We're spending all of our time at the moment finishing up projects so the realtors will have a sparkling turn key ranch to sell.  So many people have no imagination..so it all has to be ready to go... and the sooner the better.  So far this damned metal mosaic back splash has resisted being cut by every thing we have.  I'm thinking maybe my plasma cutter will do the job.  Grrrrrr...  That's the thing...it's always something.
Kip I just sent you a private message...

motherofburros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7