INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

+20
Pedro
Rosa Venus
hickton
Jim W
viajero
Clueless
Pogo
Semalu
Intercasa
itsme
David
hockables
Smartalex
sumofabit
Zedinmexico
Flamingo
zenwoodle
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside Empty Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

Post by Intercasa Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Sources in Chapala reporting that there is a white VW Jetta parked on the side of the road certain days nead Agua Escondida in Ixtlahuacan and it has the photo infraction equipment inside so dont think you are home free if you dont see the tripod. Remember speed limit is 60 - 80 kph.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside Empty Re: Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

Post by Semalu Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:18 pm

Ah yes, in the absence of rule of law and effective policing, use entrapment. Way to go Mexico.

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside Empty Re: Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Well if you obey the speedlimit you do not hav to worry about entrapment so do not spped,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Unless the speed there is slower than the prevailing legal speed on the rest of that highway it is not a "speed trap."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:36 pm

Why is enforcement of the law, entrapment?  I wish they could ticket every person on the road that exceeds the speed limit.

Last edited by slainte39 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:41 pm

You have some choices:
Drive the speed limit.
Drive over the speed limit.
Don't drive in that area.
Don't drive.
Or do what you want to do and consider the consequences as a cost of living.
There are probably some more options, but who cares? Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:06 pm

The speed limit is lower as you are going thru Ixtlahuacan because so many people need to go by foot from one side of the Highway to the other. So slow down and give them a chance to make it across.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:20 am

If anybody finds tickets on their record when they pay 2016 car renewal we can make a deal where you pay and then I will file a lawsuit and I get 50% of the recovery, I have a good format where I can beat the photo radar tickets.

Why do the photo radar cameras work and the ones to catch the real criminals not work?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:38 am

Its not like up north. If you get a photo/radar ticket unless you are Spencer you can't fight it. Over the years photo radar up north has made all kinds of mistakes.  My friend got a Radar ticket in the mail for someone elses car!  Up north you can go to court.  Here you have to hire Spencer to fight it.  I prefer police hand out tickets live and not hide behind a money machine. I also agree with Spencer about trying to catch criminals instead of making money.  Yes we should all slow down it is a very bad road.  I should point out for the sake of my argument that I don't speed but you wouldn't either if you had a 1.4L Nissan.

As far as the argument that if you are not doing anything wrong you won't get a ticket I could say why not let the Mexican government listen in to all our telephone calls. Hey if you are not doing anything wrong why should you care? Sometimes principles are involved and to me photo radar is one of those.
I want a ticket from an officer where I can at least try to defend myself. Photo radar in mexico is a done deal to make money with no due process at all.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Unless the speed there is slower than the prevailing legal speed on the rest of that highway it is not a "speed trap."

As you come down the long hill going north from Ajijic to Ixtlahuacan, the posted speed limit is 80kmh. Right at the base of the hill, there is another speed limit sign partially obscured by foliage that says 40kmh. That is a sudden drop of 40kmh or 25mph. Then there is the little white VW parked at the side of the road with the camera in it. Unless you were to slam on your brakes if and when you see the 40kmh sign - if you see it - you cannot avoid exceeding the speed limit and getting a ticket if the camera is operating. That is what you call a speed trap - in any language. Not all laws - or law enforcers - are just . . . or legal.

I am with Spenser on this. Lets turn the tickets over to him and get this stopped.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sumofabit Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:22 pm

What do they do with the picture of a foreign plated vehicle speeding?

sumofabit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Truckers in the U.S. have a joke that goes something like this:

What do you say to the Ohio State Trooper who pulls you over for traveling downhill at 56 in 55 mph zone?

The answer is, "Yes sir!"
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Its not like up north. If you get a photo/radar ticket unless you are Spencer you can't fight it. Over the years photo radar up north has made all kinds of mistakes.  My friend got a Radar ticket in the mail for someone elses car!  Up north you can go to court.  Here you have to hire Spencer to fight it.  I prefer police hand out tickets live and not hide behind a money machine. I also agree with Spencer about trying to catch criminals instead of making money.  Yes we should all slow down it is a very bad road.  I should point out for the sake of my argument that I don't speed but you wouldn't either if you had a 1.4L Nissan.

As far as the argument that if you are not doing anything wrong you won't get a ticket I could say why not let the Mexican government listen in to all our telephone calls.  Hey if you are not doing anything wrong why should you care?  Sometimes principles are involved and to me photo radar is one of those.
I want a ticket from an officer where I can at least try to defend myself.  Photo radar in mexico is a done deal to make money with no due process at all.

Z

PHOTO RADAR TICKETS are a cash grab .... if you have the time, I recommend you take said Photo Radar Ticket to Court....
As per your right, "Plead Not Guilty" !! Return for your day in court. Argue the picture may have caught your car speeding, but that you weren't driving.
They are Greedy Bloodsuckers and have written the Traffic Laws to more or less supersede Federal Laws and your Constitutional Rights.... they will find you guilty!!
" Appeal " on the grounds they have failed to prove you were driving the vehicle.
In the end... you will pay $100 or $200 towards an inconvenient ticket ... The Judicial System will have spent $1000's.....

If everyone did this... how long do you suppose Photo Radar would last? Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:00 pm

I'd rather they gave out tickets for illegal left turns which are very common all thru Lakeside. e.g. turning on to Colon, in to SuperLake, and into La Floresta while Westbound. By and large, the speed limits here are rediculous.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:05 pm

Furthermore, one of the chief reasons that photo radar tickets have been found to be illegal in the states is due to the fact that there is no policeman present. The legal foundation for ticketing is that the policeman is an "expert witness" who can testify in court to having observed your illegal behavior. The photo radar has consistently been found NOT to be an "expert witness" when it was taken to court and therefore the tickets it issues are illegal. The problem has been that many communities will not take the issue to court because they make so much money with so little cost. It requires citizens to take the issue to court and that can be very expensive unless there are a lot of citizens who will contribute to the cause. But because our societies have become so divided between the ultra liberal and ultra conservative factions, it is difficult, indeed sometimes impossible, to get citizen support for pressing the issue in court. Meanwhile, community governments, politicians, and particularly auto insurance companies, which actually often buy the radar equipment for communities, make HUGE amounts of money on photo radar ticketing. Much of this does not apply in Mexico - except for the part about making huge amounts of money off it.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:13 pm

David wrote:I'd rather they gave out tickets for illegal left turns which are very common all thru Lakeside.  e.g. turning on to Colon, in to SuperLake, and into La Floresta while Westbound.  By and large, the speed limits here are rediculous.

There are now three cameras on a pole in front of Walmart and I have been told people are starting to receive tickets in the mail The limit there is 40 km. Hopefully they catch those who are making illegal left turns on to the libramiento.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:45 pm

The White Jetta was there today, photo tripod on other side and you can see the cameras mounted on the dash. I think too many people look for the tripod and speed by the car, forgot to take a picture of it but it seemed to have white plates that werent from Jalisco, car is parked pretty close to traffic lanes.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:08 pm

I had another experience with this when I renewed my placas for this year. I was told I had a speeding ticket to pay for. When I asked for the details, they gave a date when I was incapacitated due to my injury. I had not been driving for over 2 months. I told them this and that I could prove it. After some hemming and hawing I was then told, oh well, it must be from the year before! I asked why then did it now show up on the 2014 renewal and he again hemmed and hawed and said, well then it was from 2012.....??? I ended up paying because if I fought it, I would not be able to renew.

Now that is why speed cameras are entrapment.

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Well come January lets fight them and be a thorn in their side
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:19 pm

sounds good to me

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Intercasa wrote:Well come January lets fight them and be a thorn in their side

Amen to that!!

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:05 am

How much is the ticket?

Most people will not do "Millions for defense and not a penny for tribute."
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:51 am

Tickets 350 if paid prompt, after 30 days 700 pesos and if a few months pass then over 1,000
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:13 am

Being a turtle and........
Irrespective of speed traps, entrapment, or never having  received a folio, or paid a mordida for speeding.
I couldn't care less.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:33 pm

slainte39 wrote:Being a turtle and........
Irrespective of speed traps, entrapment, or never having  received a folio, or paid a mordida for speeding.
I couldn't care less.

. . . and therein lies half the problem.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next