INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

+20
Pedro
Rosa Venus
hickton
Jim W
viajero
Clueless
Pogo
Semalu
Intercasa
itsme
David
hockables
Smartalex
sumofabit
Zedinmexico
Flamingo
zenwoodle
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside - Page 2 Empty Re: Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

Post by Pogo Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:33 pm

slainte39 wrote:Being a turtle and........
Irrespective of speed traps, entrapment, or never having  received a folio, or paid a mordida for speeding.
I couldn't care less.

. . . and therein lies half the problem.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside - Page 2 Empty Re: Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

Post by viajero Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Pogo wrote:
Intercasa wrote:Well come January lets fight them and be a thorn in their side

Amen to that!!
Yeah,who wants more traffic law enforcement in Mexico,maybe you prefer more topes...mensos..
I have no problem with Foto infraciones and DUI checkpoints,they have had positive results in Guadalajara.

Last edited by viajero on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:19 pm

What if they make the speed limit 20kph? How much is too much / too little? If they really cared they would make the security cameras work to catch robbers and murderers not place random speed limits for revenue enhancement.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Intercasa wrote:What if they make the speed limit 20kph?  How much is too much / too little?  If they really cared they would make the security cameras work to catch robbers and murderers not place random speed limits for revenue enhancement.

Dead Horse Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Intercasa wrote:What if they make the speed limit 20kph?  How much is too much / too little?  If they really cared they would make the security cameras work to catch robbers and murderers not place random speed limits for revenue enhancement.
That's not a very good argument,licensiado.
Lo que hace falta aqui es cultura vial and if foto infraciones and toritos helps achieve that goal I'm all for them.

Last edited by viajero on Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:43 pm

I do agree that se necesita cultura vial but within limits and methods to protect the people from reckless government extorting money out of them. Where I come from in California they need to do speed engineering surveys in order to justify the speed limit where radar is used, that would be a good compromise in my opinion. Balances the interests of safety and the people.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:45 pm

i dont understand all the fuss. the zone in question is clearly signed from 80 to 60 then 40 with a foto infraccion sign on the bridge,. if you choose to speed you know the consequences. in the uk and many european countries its the norm not to have any warnings where mobile traps are. many unmarked police cars as well. it is a money making machine but it may help save lives.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:19 pm

hickton wrote:i dont understand all the fuss. the zone in question is clearly signed from 80 to 60 then 40 with a foto infraccion sign on the bridge,. if you choose to speed you know the consequences. in the uk and many european countries its the norm not to have any warnings where mobile traps are. many unmarked police cars as well. it is a money making machine but it may help save lives.

You must be the other half of the problem.    lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Intercasa wrote:What if they make the speed limit 20kph? 

Vende su coche, compra un burro,

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:53 pm

So you go 20km while crossing town, it is not complicated.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Intercasa wrote:Tickets 350 if paid prompt, after 30 days 700 pesos and if a few months pass then over 1,000

I got a ticket which needed to be paid by the 12th of June, I received it on the 19th, so was unable to pay timely. What a scam.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:27 am

brigitte wrote:So you go 20km while crossing town, it is not complicated.

It is not and has never been a question of complication. It is a question of justice, fairness, and legality. Even if entrapment is "legal" in Mexico, and even if Mexican law allows tickets to be issued without the presence of a cop as an expert witness, neither is fair or just. Just because it is legal does not make it fair or just. Or doesn't fairness or justice matter to you?

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:49 am

Really, Pogo? You look around you, read and view media, observe the lack of fairness and justice in the world and THIS is what you choose to get your knickers in a twist over?
I consider the little time I have left on this planet and the limited energy I posess and make decisions about how I will spend my remaining resources. Who gets speeding tickets, why they do and how fair or unfair it may be is not one of them.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Really, Pogo? You look around you, read and view media, observe the lack of fairness and justice in the world and THIS is what you choose to get your knickers in a twist over?
I consider the little time I have left on this planet and the limited energy I posess and make decisions about how I will spend my remaining resources. Who gets speeding tickets, why they do and how fair or unfair it may be is not one of them.

Yup - really, Latte. This is something I can probably do something about that will make my remaining days, as well as some of the rest of the Lakeside community, a bit more comfortable and enjoyable - maybe even yours (though I doubt it). In the meanwhile, if you have got some ideas about achieving something on a grander and more significant scale - like achieving world piece - I will certainly be willing to listen. And it's alright; I don't expect you to do the same for me.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:04 pm

Right is Right.... u gonna accuse me of sumthin, u best be watch'n me do it .... Beer

and if u missed it.... maybe u can get me ta do it again Very Happy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:07 pm

If the speeding infraction cameras are not a problem to a person and they don't perceive them as a problem to anyone else, then it is kind of difficult to join the crusade.
For those who consider this method unfair and unjust, carry on, and for those of us who don't see it that way, we can just ignore the conscription to their ranks.
Two camps, two very different sets of opinions, but I'm sticking to mine.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:45 pm

If you can't do the time, or pay the fine, don't do the crime. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:52 pm

I can't even wrap my head around this controversy.

I've received (so far) two photo infractions for speeding, and in both cases, I'm entirely sure I deserved them. But instead of sucking it up and paying the fine, I should feel indignant based on "principle"? As in, if it's not a human being who catches me doing something illegal, I didn't really do it and therefore the punishment is unfair?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:I can't even wrap my head around this controversy.

I've received (so far) two photo infractions for speeding, and in both cases, I'm entirely sure I deserved them. But instead of sucking it up and paying the fine, I should feel indignant based on "principle"? As in, if it's not a human being who catches me doing something illegal, I didn't really do it and therefore the punishment is unfair?
beauty and-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Pedro wrote:

beauty and-SNORK!

Now here is a cause I might join in......
Robot cops  should only be allowed to give tickets to other robots.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:57 am

Here's something more for the, "If it's the law, it's legal and you should obey it" folks. Apparently photo radar is ILLEGAL in Mexico. Apparently the Mexican constitution also says that there must be a witness, a police officer, present to observe an infraction and issue a traffic citation. Based on the advice of his attorney in Guadalajara, a friend of mine just had 5 photo radar tickets cancelled at the Jalisco government office in Guadalajara. Apparently this whole photo radar shtick is new enough that it has not gone through the courts yet in this area. I am hoping that Spencer will pick this up and check it out.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 am

Photo radar has not been ruled unconstitutional, I have read cases where it has been upheld. In the administrative courts the tickets can be attacked and we can win.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:05 am

Me either.
The same people who bitch and whine about how "lawless" Mexico is get indignant when they get a speeding ticket...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:48 am

I have had 11 of these tickets in and around Ixthulacan. Guilty in every case. No different than the red light cameras.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by artesialulu Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:38 am

As an aside, but relevant, I have seen some plastic sheets made to fit over your license plates that are somewhat dark, perhaps polarized, that I believe are designed to defeat the photo/radar gadgets. It makes the license plate unreadable unless you are right close to it. I have not checked into where to buy as it has not been an issue to me.

Goes anyone still have a radar detector and is it effective with the current technology?
artesialulu
artesialulu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:54 am

Those wont work. The new transit law says if you use something to cover your license plate they can tow your car. The radar detectors dont give you enough time as those only work when you are driving towards the radar and here you pass the car and then are instantly in the radar stream where you would have no time to slow down.

You just need to know where they are, with all the potholes on the carretera you really cant safely go that fast but they can get you if in a 40 or 60 zone if you dont monitor your speed.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next