INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

+20
Pedro
Rosa Venus
hickton
Jim W
viajero
Clueless
Pogo
Semalu
Intercasa
itsme
David
hockables
Smartalex
sumofabit
Zedinmexico
Flamingo
zenwoodle
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside - Page 3 Empty Re: Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

Post by Intercasa Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:54 am

Those wont work. The new transit law says if you use something to cover your license plate they can tow your car. The radar detectors dont give you enough time as those only work when you are driving towards the radar and here you pass the car and then are instantly in the radar stream where you would have no time to slow down.

You just need to know where they are, with all the potholes on the carretera you really cant safely go that fast but they can get you if in a 40 or 60 zone if you dont monitor your speed.

Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside - Page 3 Empty Re: Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside

Post by jrm30655 Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Could we get a radar camera in Ajijic? I want one that records video.

The other morning about 10am, I'm headed west on the carreterra coming up on Colon. There is a car in front of me and the light turns red.

On the opposite side of the road is one of the motorcycle water guys with a wagon behind his cycle. He is headed east but obviously wants to go west so I leave him a space to get in.

He cuts between me and the car in front of me, passes the front car on the right, goes through the red light and turns left onto Colon.

I just wish I have a video to send to my friends NOB.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:09 pm

The present Mexican Constitution was written in 1917 during the Revolution.  I doubt they were considering mechanical devices used for automobile speed infractions at that time.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:40 am

CanuckBob wrote:I have had 11 of these tickets in and around Ixthulacan. Guilty in every case. No different than the red light cameras.

BUT
What if you got a ticket and it wasn't your car???
It happened to my friend while driving in Beaverton Oregon but in the US it was easy and cheap to fight. Not so here.
Why not have cameras everywhere and ticket those drunks walking the sidewalk. Oh yea that Great Britain.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:42 am

If I got the ticket and it wasn't my car?? I would throw the ticket in the garbage and forget about it. The fines are based on the license plate so what would I care?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:22 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If I got the ticket and it wasn't my car?? I would throw the ticket in the garbage and forget about it. The fines are based on the license plate so what would I care?

That's OK if you don't know the person, but if the ticket was for Zed's car, you should deliver it to him personally.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Will do slainte. I would hate for him to miss the opportunity to fight the ticket........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Ask Spenser why you should not throw it away. Of course it based on your plate number and they read them wrong all the time. It would still be on your bill when you registered your car in January even if you threw it away.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Lets revive this thread in January when we can sue for refunds.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Intercasa wrote:Lets revive this thread in January when we can sue for refunds.  
Let me get this straight,you're going to sue the government for issuing speeding tickets to people who were speeding??

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:56 pm

No Im going to sue for refunds, was the doplar radar properly calibrated? Just as I will sue immigration to refund improperly levied fines
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:33 pm

Two more people died on the infamous Carretera a Chapala last night.
According to reports the cause was exceso de velocidad/speeding.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:47 pm

People die from driving drunks, potholes, loose livestock, etc. Best to blame speeding, but how fast is too fast? A jalopy driving the speed limit is a danger whereas someone driving 10kph over with a proper functioning vehicle isnt a danger assuming a well maintained road and vehicle and nobody DUI.

The road is a danger and moreso at night, even the posted speed limit at night may be too fast to drive safely between the potholes, animals and drunks.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Yep, there is virtually no lighting at all from Chapala to way past Ixthulacan.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Intercasa wrote: A jalopy driving the speed limit is a danger whereas someone driving 10kph over with a proper functioning vehicle isnt a danger assuming a well maintained road and vehicle and nobody DUI.  

As an attorney-at-law, I can't imagine you wanting to give the enforcers of traffic rules, that kind of judgmental prerogative latitude in  the issuing of tickets for speeding violations.

Last edited by slainte39 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:25 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep, there is virtually no lighting at all from Chapala to way past Ixthulacan.

Most highways don't have street lighting, except maybe at major intersections.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:10 pm

There is lighting along most of that highway once you do the merge about 5kms past Ixthulacan.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:02 pm

I drove by this car on the way back from Puente Grande and then drove by another in Ixtlahuacan and then another in Guadalajara, all had the cam equipment inside, so there are at least 3, they have Puebla license plates, here is a photo

Hidden speed trap Ixtlahuacan - White VW Jetta with cam inside - Page 3 11702805_10155888184640204_9134909049364737217_n
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Intercasa wrote:People die from driving drunks, potholes, loose livestock, etc.  Best to blame speeding, but how fast is too fast?  A jalopy driving the speed limit is a danger whereas someone driving 10kph over with a proper functioning vehicle isnt a danger assuming a well maintained road and vehicle and nobody DUI.  

The road is a danger and moreso at night, even the posted speed limit at night may be too fast to drive safely between the potholes, animals and drunks.  

It is well known that Intercasa likes to drive fast! That being said, his post above cannot have it's logic disputed!

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:40 pm

I dont drive fast anymore. I have had 2 incidents where I would have died at any speed but was saved only because I was driving my truck. On the road to Mezcala a deer jumped out in front of me and I hit in and sent it flying off the cliff and a few months ago near the airport two semis were racing, the one in front of me had a large wooden post that flew off the back into my path and I was able to run it over, I tried to stop but the semi in back of me locked his brakes, smoke was everywhere and almost jackknifed and smacked me so I had to gun it.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Unless I am going blind the partly hidden sign says 60 not 40 which makes sense. There is no 40km/h sign on that road except at exits.

In Paris we have a lot of cameras and you receive tickets that way so Mexico is not the only place using cameras, get use to it and do not speed or pay the tickets.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:03 pm

The cameras are only a revenue source and can and should be challenged, as Spencer is doing. Viva Spencer!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:06 pm

David wrote:The cameras are only a revenue source and can and should be challenged, as Spencer is doing.  Viva Spencer!
Challenged on what grounds?
Why anyone would want less traffic enforcement on the infamous Carretera a Chapala is beyond me,unless of course they'd gotten a lot of foto infraciones..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Talk to Spencer, he's the one challenging them here. Transitos could better spend their time enforcing things that create situations more dangerous than 10km over the speed limit such as; illegal left turns, illegal U turns, passing on the right, turning left on red lights. They could also replace traffic light bulbs. All of these would contribute much more to safety IMHO.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:26 pm

How about widening, repaving, reflectors, raising the wall in between to shield high beams at night, properly painted lines, lighting for starters as well as checking where and how livestock enters the road at night to block their entries.

How come only Joco gets a nice road to Guad?

Wanna know my secrets to challenging?
Violación al artículo 13 fracciones III, de la ley de Procedimiento Administrativo del Estado de Jalisco.
FIRMA AUTOGRAFA
VIOLACION A LA GARANTA DE PROPORCIONALIDAD
MULTAS FISCALES. REQUISITOS QUE DEBEN CONTENER PARA SU DEBIDA MOTIVACION
FUNDAMENTACION Y MOTIVACION
ACTOS VICIADOS, FRUTOS DE
NOTIFICACION FISCAL DE CARÁCTER PERSONAL

Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:25 am

Intercasa wrote:I dont drive fast anymore.  I have had 2 incidents where I would have died at any speed but was saved only because I was driving my truck.  On the road to Mezcala a deer jumped out in front of me and I hit in and sent it flying off the cliff and a few months ago near the airport two semis were racing, the one in front of me had a large wooden post that flew off the back into my path and I was able to run it over, I tried to stop but the semi in back of me locked his brakes, smoke was everywhere and almost jackknifed and smacked me so I had to gun it.  

At least that deer wasn't a cow or mule, always a danger driving at night especially! Marriage tends to slow one down!
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next