INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone coming Lakeside "soon" that could bring me a computer disk?

+5
David
suegarn
NEGringos
DaveP
Clueless
9 posters

Go down

Anyone coming Lakeside "soon" that could bring me a computer disk? Empty Anyone coming Lakeside "soon" that could bring me a computer disk?

Post by Clueless Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:42 am

I want to buy office 365 but to have it shipped here would cost much more then the program itself. And I can't find an English version here.

I would like to have it send to someone in the U.S. who could bring it here.

Please PM me for info. or if you can help.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone coming Lakeside "soon" that could bring me a computer disk? Empty Re: Anyone coming Lakeside "soon" that could bring me a computer disk?

Post by DaveP Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:47 pm

Why not just download it?
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Anyone coming Lakeside "soon" that could bring me a computer disk? Empty Re: Anyone coming Lakeside "soon" that could bring me a computer disk?

Post by NEGringos Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Clueless, there's a program called "Open Office" that you can download for free off the internet that we've used for years. It will also give power point presentations if you need them as well.

NEGringos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:23 pm

NEGringos wrote:Clueless, there's a program called "Open Office" that you can download for free off the internet that we've used for years. It will also give power point presentations if you need them as well.

I ordered Open Office a month or so ago and paid to have it mailed here, c/o my fracc office. It never arrived. I was concerned with Open Office being compatible with the many PP presentations I now have.

I guess I will have to find it on eBay and just get the key and d/l. Much better price on eBay.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Clueless, I don't understand why you ordered AND paid for something that is a FREE download off the internet. You even attached the quote from other posters telling you that it was free! Open Office works with everything. Go online and download the free program!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NEGringos Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Clueless: http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

NEGringos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Any wonder why his/her board name is "clueless?"
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Besides even if you had to buy it from MS you can download it directly.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 am

He wants it on physical media rather than download would be one possible reason.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:29 am

Zedinmexico wrote:He wants it on physical media rather than download would be one possible reason.

Z

So! Download and burn
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by peteben Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:58 am

LibreOffice is also a viable alternative. Based on OpenOffice, it seems to be more aggressively developed.
Unless you are a hard-core MS Office user, you will find that L.O. should meet most of your needs.
In any case, it`s free, so just download and try it: Libre Office

Pete

peteben
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:52 am

First, I didn't know Open Office could be d/l for free. And yes, I wanted a disk since downloads can be slow and sometimes uncertain here.

I finally figured what would really be better for me is a valid/MS copy of Office 2013.

For sure I am clueless on a lot of things; I always knew it's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts., and I never figured I knew anywhere near all.

Thanks for the input.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NEGringos Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:44 am

It's all good Clueless. Some people just can't resist a dig at a ID name when they get the chance. :)

NEGringos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:40 pm

I use IBM Lotus Symphony version of Open Office and also have used LibreOffice. Either will open a Power Point presentation but editing sometimes gets a little wonky. If you like the dancing bunny type of PP presentation, Open Office isn't so good. If you prefer the informational, usability model, any version of Open Office is great. And all are free to download.

I was a technical writer in a former life. About 10 years ago, my department switched to MS Word. I lasted about 3 weeks and said this is entirely too annoying. I used Open Office, saved as a Word doc and no one was the wiser.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down