INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teeth are naturally yellow in color

+2
wilsonjohn
mamuntech
6 posters

Go down

Teeth are naturally yellow in color Empty Teeth are naturally yellow in color

Post by mamuntech Sun May 08, 2011 5:05 am

Some individual’s teeth are naturally yellow in color. This is no defect as not all of us are lucky enough to have naturally white teeth. Here is the detailed reason for this natural yellow color. The outer most covering of the teeth (enamel) is white.
However, the layer below this, which is the dentin, is naturally yellow. In some conditions, the outermost layer is not well mineralized causing it to become translucent. This makes the color of the dentin (yellow) more apparent and you can’t change this natural tooth color unless you use advanced whitening methods.

mamuntech

Back to top Go down

Teeth are naturally yellow in color Empty Re: Teeth are naturally yellow in color

Post by wilsonjohn Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:32 am

Nice to hear this information .

wilsonjohn

Back to top Go down

Teeth are naturally yellow in color Empty Re: Teeth are naturally yellow in color

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:09 pm

I considered whitening mine after seeing some movie star action around lakeside. My dentist frowned at the idea. In fact, when she made me a porcelain crown, my teeth are casi the whitest according to the teeth chart. Second brightest, which is a nice white corn color. Plus she said the whitening procedure ages our teeth by 30 years. No need to provide sunglasses while visiting with friends. Such a relief. Very Happy
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Close, but not quite right. The enamel on primary teeth is not well mineralized, it is therefore more opaque making them appear white. On permanent teeth the enamel is highly mineralized making it more translucent, therefore the underlying dentin shows through and makes the teeth appear to be more yellow in color. Naturally yellow teeth are stronger than whiter teeth.
Overly whitened teeth not only look unnatural but are aging to the face since they draw attention to the fact that something is not quite right.
Every decade of life the teeth naturally become more yellowish in color.

Your dental tip of the day amigos.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Chew'n Tabacca can do that too....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 pm

hockables wrote:Chew'n Tabacca can do that too....

It can indeed, however chew'n tabaccy stains are removable with prophy paste and a small dental brush at the office by even the most poorly trained dental professional. Ditto for cigarette smokers. I outta know.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Somehow, somewhere, years ago I heard this. But as a former teacher who sometimes did a "smile" for the class, it was disconcerting to hear the students go "E-w-w-w-w!" because of the yellow teeth. (But I still didn't go for the whitening.)
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down