INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas needed for lunch with Governor

+13
sparks
Clete
DolceVita
viajero
ferret
Luisa
Trailrunner
brigitte
SunshineyDay
hickton
CanuckBob
Ezzie
Intercasa
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ideas needed for lunch with Governor Empty Ideas needed for lunch with Governor

Post by Intercasa Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:59 pm

I have had the honor of being invited to dine with the Governor next week to discuss issues that affect the foreign population here in Jalisco. I know I have my own views and perceptions on what we can change or perhaps do better or ask but I want to put it out there to everybody to give me your ideas of what is needed.

Top on the list is the issuance of driver licenses in Chapala again as well as some changes to laws to allow more judicial efficiency and reduce unnecessary paperwork and the ability of foreigners to do their wills in a Mexican Consulate as many get sick and leave unexpectedly and a Mexican will is best for disposing of Mexican property.

All ideas are appreciated.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Ideas needed for lunch with Governor Empty Re: Ideas needed for lunch with Governor

Post by Ezzie Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:15 pm

One of the things I have noticed that seems to be poorly done in Jalisco (vs. other states in Mexico) is the very poorly done maintenance of infrastructure - state highways that are poorly maintained, the non-functioning new solar lights on the main highway leading into Chapala, etc.

I know this isn't an issued specifically affecting the "foreign" community but is something I think the state could do a better job on that would make me feel more proud of the area. Kind of pales in comparison to the roads we see in the State of Guanajuato for example.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Ideas needed for lunch with Governor Empty Re: Ideas needed for lunch with Governor

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:28 am

Restoration of the lake would be a good topic. While not specific to the foreign community it would certainly draw more foreigners here.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:41 am

Cable car from toblandia to top of the hill. Restaurant on top. A dry toboggan run down. idea taken from rotarua new zealand.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:44 am

You could just set up a mudslide down during the rainy season.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:46 am

The lake has to be the number 1 subject. Fight fr clean water coming from up stream and being released down stream. Retaoration of the lake is one of the most important thing to work on for everyone´s benefit.

Clean up the trnsitos from the office to the street would be a nice thing.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:48 am

The lake is a Federal (not State) jurisdiction and responsibility No??

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:29 am

Each state has rights to the water and Jalisco could fight to get clean water or more water from the States upstream but the State of Jaliso has to fught for it . Jalisco dropped the balls the last time something was tried.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 am

I believe the state has to champion the restoration of the lake. Building a dam/ water treatment plant up the Lerma within the Jalisco state border would give them full control to not only clean the water before it enters the lake but would also stop the lirio from coming in.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 am

Legalize medical marijuana.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:20 am

I really like the focus in your OP. I hope you will keep your ideas to a minimum so they don't get lost, but I'm sure you will do that. The only thing I would add would be consideration of an easier road to citizenship. My Spanish is iffy. I do fine with every day stuff but my hearing is bad and I've lived in countries with five different languages besides English and Spanish and they tend to come out at awkward times. I've lived here 11 years full time and I'd like to think that at some point, maybe after 15 years, I could become a Mexican citizen.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:21 am

Trailrunner wrote:Legalize medical marijuana.

Ditto! As explained on TOB.

I realize that this is probably also Federally controlled BUT if most of the states in the U.S. have thumbed their noses at the Federal Law in the U.S. then what is to stop the same thing from happening in Mexico?
Although all the taxation money from sales would go a long way to fix roads and lake problems, that is not what I want to see.

I want decriminalization for growing maybe a couple of plants (or 4?) of your own to be able to provide self medication. A Doctor's prescription would be the equivalent of permission to grow but not for resale.
Can we hope that the new class being offered at LCS in the future will be "how to make your own cannabis oil from an ounce of fresh bud in less than an hour." On the other hand juicing it is becoming very popular too.

There are snowbirds in Canada who have been prescribed cannabis oil for various ailments...but they won't come down to their places here because of the illegality of having cannabis here. Either make it legally available or allow them to bring their medicine and their prescription with them.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:55 am

Ask him to fix the baches and fine the owners of dogs that bark incessantly,those would be my priorities.

Last edited by viajero on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:56 am

I don't know about growing but possesion of personal quantities of many drugs ( including marijuana) was decriminalized several years ago here in Mexico. No?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:11 am

Drugs, dogs, the lake, and noise seem like a waste of a wonderful opportunity. Why do immigrants (expats) have any more interest in drugs, dogs, the lake, and noise than anyone else?

I really hope that Spencer takes this opportunity to talk about concerns that are specific to the foreigner population. The governor will tune out quickly if Spencer has more than three or possibly four topics to discuss. Then it will be a waste of time.

"Your honor, the foreigners at Lake Chapala want more marijuana and quieter dogs. They came to Mexico because they thought the drugs would be plentiful and cheap and they did not realize that everything else would not be perfect. Please make everything perfect. Please start by providing stronger pot and killing the dogs. Respectfully, Sr. Spencer"

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:19 am

more burger bars, less cohettes !!

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

hickton wrote:more burger bars, less cohettes !!

That's good--more fries with the burgers. Cohetes with fireworks--no noise without color and flames.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:32 am

One more suggestion,fire the incompetent lazy teachers in public schools and hire better ones.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Restoring the lake would benefit all. Nationals, expats, young, old, rich & poor.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Restoring the lake would benefit all. Nationals, expats, young, old, rich & poor.

Yes, it would. It would also require the cooperation of Michoacán and Guanajuato.

@Luisa...Who asked for stronger pot? Who asked for anyone to kill dogs?

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:54 pm

ferret wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Restoring the lake would benefit all. Nationals, expats, young, old, rich & poor.

Yes, it would. It would also require the cooperation of Michoacán and Guanajuato.

sigh

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:03 pm

ferret wrote:

No it wouldn't if they manage everything within the Jalisco state borders like I suggested.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:33 pm

and waht are the problems foreigners have that Mexicans have that are State problems??

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Im thinking of driver licenses, improving the highway and libramiento, changing or modifying state laws for judicial efficiency as well as seeing if possible to increase funding or personnel at the ministerio publico as it would keep the bad guys off the street.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by DolceVita Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Excellent ideas, but don't forget to mention the ability of foreigners to do their wills in a Mexican Consulate.

DolceVita

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next