INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save the sarcasm and snarky comments, consider signing my petition. Click the link.

+8
sm1mex
Semalu
David
CanuckBob
slainte39
Ojalero
viajero
Clueless
12 posters

Go down

Save the sarcasm and snarky comments, consider signing my petition.  Click the link. Empty Save the sarcasm and snarky comments, consider signing my petition. Click the link.

Post by Clueless Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:48 am

Stop Airline Price Gouging
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Save the sarcasm and snarky comments, consider signing my petition.  Click the link. Empty Re: Save the sarcasm and snarky comments, consider signing my petition. Click the link.

Post by viajero Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:08 am

Pathetic.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Save the sarcasm and snarky comments, consider signing my petition.  Click the link. Empty Re: Save the sarcasm and snarky comments, consider signing my petition. Click the link.

Post by Ojalero Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:10 am

Damn them capitalists!
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:54 am

I love gouging.  Where can I sign up in favor?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:57 am

Well to be fair, the airline's haven't seemed to drop their prices even though their cost of fuel ( which is their #1 expense) has dropped at least 20%.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:29 am

CanuckBob wrote:Well to be fair, the airline's haven't seemed to drop their prices even though their cost of fuel ( which is their #1 expense) has dropped at least 20%.
Then sign his petition,he only needs 100 signatures and he's already signed so he only needs 99 more...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Now he just needs 98.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 pm

I wonder if they've dropped the "fuel surcharge" yet?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:45 pm

Any link I clicked on sent right back to this page. Clueless is not clueless about this one. Where do I sign?
Edit
Never mind, I refreshed the page and there was the link......

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:52 am

Plus they nickle, dime you for everything and Volaris doesn't even give you a pretzel or small cup of coke. You have to pay for everything with a credit card. I avoid them. Aero Mexico gives you food and booze included in your flight price.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDaddy Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:52 am

Now he only needs 97...wth why not.
SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:59 am

Semalu wrote: Clueless is not clueless about this one. Where do I sign?
He is clueless if he thinks his little petition to the President of the US is going to make any difference..
But go ahead and sign away...

Last edited by viajero on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:59 am

"A petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days to be searchable on whitehouse.gov and must reach 100,000 signatures within 30 days to receive an official response.[4] The original threshold was set at 5,000 signatures on September 1, 2011,[5] was raised to 25,000 on October 3, 2011,[6] and raised again to 100,000 as of January 15, 2013.[7] However, the White House will typically not comment when a petition concerns any investigation which may be ongoing.[8]"

In addition to 100 signatures meaning nothing but some pathetic form of attention, why would anyone sign a petition when the originator doesn't even use his real location and uses a stock photo of a young James Spader? I have met David Greenstein and he is no James Spader -- not even in his dreams.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gpbasap Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:06 am

Hmm, who has access to the names and addresses of the petition? And don't you need to be a USA registered voter to be a valid petitioner?
gpbasap
gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Do you seriously want to hurt them? Start doing temporary boycotts on ticket buying. Nobody buys tickets during the week of May 2 or June 12 for example. Or, nobody buys tickets on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for the rest of the summer. The pattern does not matter. What matters is that you demonstrate the ability to control buying and you interrupt the airlines' cash flow. Either one will frighten them. Both will scare them silly. Because, if you can do it once, you can do it again - anytime.

Note that this does not prevent people from flying or buying. It just demonstrates that the public can control if and when buying occurs. Furthermore, when you interrupt cash flow in a corporation - not stop it, just interrupt it - things go to hell in a hurry. Having the cash to pay employees and vendors continues. The corporation may have to BORROW money to cover those expenses. That’s when it starts to hurt them. That’s when it costs them in ways they can’t predict. That’s when stock holder confidence declines. That’s when Wall Street starts predicting downward trends. That’s when profits start to tank. That’s when they start paying attention to public outcry.

The Earth Day model can work very well here. Form a non-profit that collects donations and uses it to hire a huge advertising company like Leo Burnett to run the campaign. It may start out very small with little participation, but it will grow when it hits the media. That’s what happened with Earth Day. Now it is a worldwide temporary boycott (turning off lights) in support of saving trees.

If you build it, people will join.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down