INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potholes on Chapala/Guad highway

+13
simpsca
RVGRINGO
suegarn
gringal
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
MexicoPete
brigitte
Trailrunner
Zedinmexico
ltollefs
CATXN
Intercasa
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Potholes on Chapala/Guad highway - Page 3 Empty Re: Potholes on Chapala/Guad highway

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Itollefs, many foreigners assimilate into the culture here and learn enough of the language to shop, eat in restaurants and volunteer in their community. That is different from being fluent in Spanish, becoming a Mexican citizen and getting involved in local politics.
I also disagree with you when you say "this is not a resort for the comfortably numb." I have seen foreigners for whom it is just that. Others may not like it but they have the money to make it so for themselves. You decreeing it otherwise does not make their lives any different or change their attitudes. You may feel morally superior to them, but they do not care.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Potholes on Chapala/Guad highway - Page 3 Empty Re: Potholes on Chapala/Guad highway

Post by gvprod Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:25 pm

The chapala - guadalajara highway is the worst highway in mexico
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:38 pm

I have driven all over the place within a 7 hour radius of here and haven't seen any worse. Most is much better. Some of the roads within Guadalajara are pretty bad too.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:41 pm

santa rosa to ocotlan is wonderful
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Anyway, getting back to the original topic posted, I am so glad I don't have a car here.  This is the worst that I've seen in the last couple of years......reminds me of every single spring in Nova Scotia!
Even the Trans-Canada highway is an obstacle course of huge potholes (some large enough to swallow whole cars!)  Check out this news story from a couple of years ago...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/potholes-worse-this-year-says-hrm-1.2740961

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:20 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Itollefs, many foreigners assimilate into the culture here and learn enough of the language to shop, eat in restaurants and volunteer in their community. That is different from being fluent in Spanish, becoming a Mexican citizen and getting involved in local politics.
I also disagree with you when you say "this is not a resort for the comfortably numb." I have seen foreigners for whom it is just that. Others may not like it but they have the money to make it so for themselves. You decreeing it otherwise does not make their lives any different or change their attitudes. You may feel morally superior to them, but they do not care.

As to you first clause, yes there is a difference, but that was never really the point under discussion, was it? As to your second & 3rd, that the comfortable "do not care", is rather the expectation, isn't it? You don't know me and you have know idea (I'm tempted to stop here) what I think on any given subject.

Other than a displayed mastery of the tautological, I think you have failed to score any points.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:43 pm

I was not trying to "score points," especially not with you. You offered your opinion(s) and I offered mine. This isn't a contest. 
I fail to grasp the concept that what people write on a web board offers no insight into what they think. But if you say that after reading your posts a reader has no idea what you think, then okay. Since you appear to be thin skinned, I will not comment further on what you post.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:49 pm

Chapala Guadalajara hwy is not the worst in Mexico by far..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:09 pm

Nope, I was only speaking of around these parts. That hwy to the Chiflon falls in your neck of the woods was horrendous.......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:51 pm

yes it is pretty bad and not the worst by far either..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Potholes on Chapala/Guad highway - Page 3 Empty What lane are potholes in?

Post by beentheredonethat Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:50 am

What lane are potholes in?

CanuckBob wrote:Do be careful if going to/from the airport. Their are numerous 3ft round, several inch deep potholes in various places. They are unavoidable if someone is in the lane next to you. Yesterday one cost me two tires and a tie rod end. The two tires on the side that hit the pothole ended up with separated belts. Lucky they didn't blow.

beentheredonethat

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:50 am

Both however the one I hit was in the left hand lane. It was a fairly new one as I go that way every couple of weeks or so and thought I knew where they all were.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:11 am

where they on the right or left lane, I am going to the airport tomorrow so I ll watch out

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:13 am

See the two posts right above yours.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3