INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X rated art at San Juan Cosala Fiesta del Arte

+2
gringal
simpsca
6 posters

Go down

X rated art at San Juan Cosala Fiesta del Arte Empty X rated art at San Juan Cosala Fiesta del Arte

Post by simpsca Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:04 am

This is a link to the Youtube video of the "live" painting that took place on the plaza of San Juan Cosala during the Fiesta del Arte last month. Those of you who didn't come out don't know what you missed.

Bob you wanted something controversial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtO8mYZ_Cg&feature=player_embedded#at=27
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

X rated art at San Juan Cosala Fiesta del Arte Empty Re: X rated art at San Juan Cosala Fiesta del Arte

Post by gringal Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:47 pm

About as x-rated and controversial as a life drawing class. Actually less so, since the life drawing classes usually have totally nude models.
But hey, it could get a discussion going. Maybe. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

X rated art at San Juan Cosala Fiesta del Arte Empty Re: X rated art at San Juan Cosala Fiesta del Arte

Post by hockables Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Quite a few women & children in the audience...
coulda had more men there with one more wrestler.. er... artist in the ring
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:13 pm

However, life drawing classes are not usually held in the town square in the middle of the day during a fiesta. Very Happy
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:40 pm

I personally don't think her semi-nudity as part of an art performance event was objectionable. There was nothing titillating about the event.
Also, if anyone was in a position to object, it would be the people responsible for putting on the performance or the spectators. I haven't heard about that happening.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Other than the topless G-string thing....oh yeah and a whole bunch of years....paint wise, I don't look much different when I'm working on a project....and I don't need no stinking help to get that much paint on me! Very Happy .....of course I don't do the dance moves...unless you include stepping in the paint and falling on my ample ass.....
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 am

I like this "body painting" better:

Metin Bereketli

Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:10 am

Me too.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:26 am

kipissippi wrote:Other than the topless G-string thing....oh yeah and a whole bunch of years....paint wise, I don't look much different when I'm working on a project....and I don't need no stinking help to get that much paint on me! Very Happy .....of course I don't do the dance moves...unless you include stepping in the paint and falling on my ample ass.....

Kip I admire the fact that you can do enough painting to get that much paint on you. My arthritis in the spine is so bad I can't paint let alone get on the ground and slither in it.

The Love in Action children painting looks like fun for everyone. I have a god daughter there and it must have brought some joy to their day to do that.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:56 am

I don't know what it is about getting messy that makes it so fun... thank goodness for water based paint!

Oh yes painting....I've touched every surface in our house...walls, floors, ceiling, outside brick and roof. Faux woodgrain on ceilings, plus doing tin look ceilings, sculpted bricks around arches, mosaiced and wood grained, stained and tiled floors.. wood grained the kitchen cabinets, the occassional mural, textured multidepth walls, coppered the roof...oh what fun that was and did a peach "wash" on the old colored bricks to make them more up to date. Only about a kazillion more projects to finish. Do I have paint or somesuch on everything I own...just about.

The problem with having the ability to do things is the need to make use of that ability instead of doing the fun things! Seems like there's always something that needs doing. Rolling Eyes
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Sounds like fun to me, and also must look fabulous. I remember when I could paint and do antique looking effects and stencils it was great seeing what the project looked like when I was done.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Here's a little sampling of my messes...kind of a mishmosh and not in order but you can kind of get a jist of why I never get anything done! I'm running in a dozen or so directions at once!
https://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/kipissippi/Art%20work/?albumview=slideshow

Most of the murals are in the office of the grey haired lady on crutches. She wanted bare breasted fairies.....she got 'em! Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Where do you get the energy? And so beautiful. The wood detail looks like real wood. When do you get time to take care of the animals?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I don't do housework Very Happy Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:57 pm

kipissippi wrote:I don't do housework Very Happy Beer

Good choice, Kippy. Thanks for the slide show! What are you going to do when you run out of walls? cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:03 pm

gringal wrote:
kipissippi wrote:I don't do housework Very Happy Beer

Good choice, Kippy. Thanks for the slide show! What are you going to do when you run out of walls? cheers

Hopefully she’ll move here and help us (me) out. Very Happy Your work is just great!

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down