INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To The Canadians Out There How Much Does The Average Canadian Pay In Taxes For Socialized Medicine

+9
borderreiver
CHILLIN
ferret
Carry Bean
TomQC
ComputerGuy
SunFan
CanuckBob
espĂ­ritu del lago
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To The Canadians Out There How Much Does The Average Canadian Pay In Taxes For Socialized Medicine - Page 2 Empty Re: To The Canadians Out There How Much Does The Average Canadian Pay In Taxes For Socialized Medicine

Post by SunFan Sat May 25, 2019 8:58 am

ElNido wrote:My husband is American and has an American pension, and I am Canadian. We are residents of British Columbia. My husband files both US and Canadian income tax. He has to file the American first and then that payment is subtracted from the Canadian. For the past 6 or 7 years fling this way, he has not had to pay Canadian income tax. They are tax neutral. As seniors, we pay nothing for BC Med.

I'm surprised. I would have thought that Canadian taxes, which include universal health care, would be much higher than US taxes on an equivalent income.

Am i missing something?

SunFan

SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

To The Canadians Out There How Much Does The Average Canadian Pay In Taxes For Socialized Medicine - Page 2 Empty Re: To The Canadians Out There How Much Does The Average Canadian Pay In Taxes For Socialized Medicine

Post by NoVaDamer Sat May 25, 2019 5:14 pm

Here's an new release from the Fraser Institute, a conservative/libertarian Canadian think tank, with a link to their annual report. Very detailed info on this issue:

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/studies/price-of-public-health-care-insurance-2018-edition
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sat May 25, 2019 5:19 pm

NoVaDamer wrote:Here's an new release from the Fraser Institute, a conservative/libertarian Canadian think tank, with a link to their annual report. Very detailed info on this issue:

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/studies/price-of-public-health-care-insurance-2018-edition

Many thanks NoVaDamer.

I respect the Fraser Institute. Makes sense to me and sounds fair for the Canadian population.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2