INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBVA online access problems this week

5 posters

Go down

BBVA online access problems this week Empty BBVA online access problems this week

Post by phxfunguy Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:19 pm

I'd noticed the new look of the Bancomer website with the change to BBVA the past few weeks but everything still worked the same until this week when I could no longer sign in to my account with my laptop or cell phone. It told you to repeatedly change your password and then said that the details entered were wrong on both devices, so I went in yesterday. The bank manager told me she had been having an uptick in clients coming in with web problems. She said that only the logo had been changed on the website but I think they tinkered with some other details too. She said that "automatic 24 hour format" in settings was paramount and that had never been a requirement in the past.

So this was the procedure to fix everything:
First delete and reinstall the app on your phone, choose a new passcode that's 8 to 10 digits, 6 digits are no longer any good, and if your phone settings do not include "automatic 24 hour format," turn that on. With all that done, she was able to sign me in to the desktop version in the bank with one final change of password which was now accepted with the app fixed.

I went home and tried it on my laptop and of course I got back into that same loop! The cell phone worked fine though. So I deleted all browsing history on the laptop, made sure it too (Google settings) was set to "automatic 24 hour format," and then the new password from yesterday worked.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

BBVA online access problems this week Empty Re: BBVA online access problems this week

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:08 pm

I’ve never used their website for anything and this is exactly why. No excuse for a bank to have such a terrible online presence.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

BBVA online access problems this week Empty Re: BBVA online access problems this week

Post by brigitte Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

yes the minute I get used to the site , they change it.. It was not accepting the password so I added a few number and it worked.... I thought I had forgotten my cell contraseña so I am glad to hear it was another goofball change..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:10 am

I use the mobile app all the time for paying bills. Haven't had any problems....yet.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:04 am

Me too, Bob. Way better than the pc version

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:26 am

My mobile app worked a few days longer after the pc access quit and then all of a sudden my 6-digit passcode wouldn't work. I imagine if you already have an 8-10 digit code, then there would be no problem +/- the 24 hour clock format thing. She told me "it works better with the 24 hour format" as though it was not always a requirement.

A friend of mine could never get the online access to work with his Macbook when he got his account in 2013 and eventually closed his account because of this. I don't believe the app was available back then and he was "anti-smartphone" in 2013 anyway. But of course now he's also figured out how to use one because he likes to use Uber and read email on the run.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Well mine only has the 6 digit pin and it worked today. I don't have or use the PC version. Maybe thats why it still works?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by phxfunguy Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:39 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well mine only has the 6 digit pin and it worked today. I don't have or use the PC version. Maybe thats why it still works?

Possibly because you have to use the phone app to get a security code each time you sign on with the pc version. My phone app worked for several days after my pc version didn't, then poof!
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Yeah thats why I never bothered with the PC version.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:29 pm

I use the website as well as the mobile app. However, a week or so ago I was requested by the mobile app to reset my password from 4 digits to a minimum of 8. Took about a minute and everything works as usual. My wife uses only the mobile app for her account and she has not been asked to reset her 4 digit password as yet.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down