INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exposed aggregate for walkways, etc. - where to see and purchase

2 posters

Go down

exposed aggregate for walkways, etc. - where to see and purchase Empty exposed aggregate for walkways, etc. - where to see and purchase

Post by Sherman Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:55 am

thanks for any leads ....
S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

exposed aggregate for walkways, etc. - where to see and purchase Empty Re: exposed aggregate for walkways, etc. - where to see and purchase

Post by Sherman Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:30 am

no one has gotten exposed aggregate stone sidewalks or patios?? I've seen them several times especially around pools ....

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

exposed aggregate for walkways, etc. - where to see and purchase Empty Re: exposed aggregate for walkways, etc. - where to see and purchase

Post by Gamina Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:20 pm

Aggregate requires the correct type of stone and someone who knows how to use sugar effectively. I have my doubts that either will be found around here.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:40 pm

well, I now have one bag of the stone that is used here and I have seen it put in several places .... narrow walkways and around the pool. I found it 3 places lakeside.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:04 pm

for what is the sugar used?

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 pm

After the concrete is poured, sugar is sprinkled on top to keep it from setting up. After the correct amount of time, the top layer of sugared cement is then brushed and washed off to reveal the stone that is slightly under the original surface.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Gamina wrote:After the concrete is poured, sugar is sprinkled on top to keep it from setting up.  After the correct amount of time, the top layer of sugared cement is then brushed and washed off to reveal the stone that is slightly under the original surface.

I've looked at a handful of utube videos of 'how to do exposed aggregate' and have not noticed anything about the sugar. I'l look. The guys working for me have done this before -- not much, but they have a little experience. So, hopefully this will work.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:12 pm

I had a whole patio and all walkways at my last house in the States done this way.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 pm

Here's a Youtube video that shows the way my large patio and walkways were constructed:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2OkBzSkOF0
Without seeing a concrete crew's previous work, I wouldn't trust them here to be able to finesse the surface without getting the rocks either too exposed and not exposed enough.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:14 am

I have seen the previous work .... which, here, often means little.
Thank for the video.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down