INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Passport Renewal

5 posters

Go down

American Passport Renewal Empty American Passport Renewal

Post by gatociego Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:33 am

Hello. Hope everyone is well!
I notice that the Consulate has suspended the monthly visits from Guad to Chapala/Ajijic to assist Americans in their passport renewal.
Can anybody give me the info on how I go about doing this now?
Any info greatly appreciated.

gatociego

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

American Passport Renewal Empty Re: American Passport Renewal

Post by lakeside7 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:36 pm

gatociego wrote:Hello.  Hope everyone is well!
I notice that the Consulate has suspended the monthly visits from Guad to Chapala/Ajijic to assist Americans in their passport renewal.
Can anybody give me the info on how I go about doing this now?
Any info greatly appreciated.

Maybe like go into the USA/GOV web page and following the directions for passport renewals ???

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:16 pm

I find that rather a snarky comment, best suited for TOB. I much prefer the pleasant exchanges of information and the way it is typically done on this board.

I'm sure we all know we can go to a government Website. It is also apparent to me that the person is asking about getting it done locally.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gatociego likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:58 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:I find that rather a snarky comment, best suited for TOB. I much prefer the pleasant exchanges of information and the way it is typically done on this board.

I'm sure we all know we can go to a government Website. It is also apparent to me that the person is asking about getting it done locally.

I agree, I would suggest calling the US Consulate in Guad. and see what they have to say. I´m sure there must people working there in some capacity to give out information. Visits here to the AL and LCS are off the Consulate service right now.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

gatociego likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:08 pm

I looked up the consulate info on the internet and called passport services for Guadalajara with a problem I had. It took a while like maybe 10 minutes of phone options but I finally go thru to someone who gave me an answer. In my case a family member left their passport in the states and crossed back into Mexico by land. I was told that she could cross back into the US by land (provided she had other documentation) but there would be delays. No confirmation of flying back, I was told that I had to contact the airlines and they would advise. But then not likely I will be flying anywhere for a while.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down