INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RT looking to get Mexican DL

2 posters

Go down

New RT looking to get Mexican DL Empty New RT looking to get Mexican DL

Post by jgriff Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Hola

I want to get my Mexican drivers license and wondered if there is someone who does that for you or can lead the way.

I'm 66 have my TR, Passport, CURB and proof of living here. I'm not sure what the drivers exam will ask and I am not sure of the laws. To me it looks like there aren't any LOL .

I have read a couple of articles on how the steps work but the questions are what I am really worried about. Also because I have a Canadian drivers license do I not have to take a driving exam ?

All information and hints would be greatly appreciated.

Gracias
John
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New RT looking to get Mexican DL Empty Re: New RT looking to get Mexican DL

Post by Zea Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:40 pm

I got a DL at the Chapala office about 6 months ago. At that time the test was all signs. 10 questions (signs), with multiple choice answers. You can choose to take the exam in Spanish or English. You won't have to take a driving test (I didn't, with an expired US license.)
If you speak even a little spanish, or know someone who does who will go with you, you don't need a facilitator.
There were people that were turned away because of their comprobante de domicillio (both mexican and gringo) -- I think because it didn't match their ID. So take care with that. And take copies of everything.
In general they were efficient and the process was pretty painless.

Zea

Back to top Go down