INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Passport and Residente Permanente

3 posters

Go down

New Passport and Residente Permanente Empty New Passport and Residente Permanente

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:09 pm

While my RP card doesn't show a passport number on it, when it was issued my passport was part of the process and guessing it resides somewhere in INM's records.

When I renew my passport and get a new number, do I need to notify INM?
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Passport and Residente Permanente Empty Re: New Passport and Residente Permanente

Post by ferret Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:17 pm

I sure as hell hope not since I've renewed my passport three times since then and never informed INM. I believe it was used more for identity purposes than anything else. But I've always presented both my passport and my Inmigrado (now Residente Permanente) when entering and leaving Mexico so I'm sure they have whatever is current if they needed it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Passport and Residente Permanente Empty Re: New Passport and Residente Permanente

Post by mudgirl Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:33 pm

I know that you are supposed to notify INM if your Mexican address changes, or if you work here, if you change employment venue, but I never heard anything about giving them a new passport number.
As Ferret said, if you leave the country and reenter, they scan your passport, so it would be in their database. Your RP isn't tied to your passport number, or I think they would have that on our RP cards.

From the INM site:

"Todo extranjero con Condición de Estancia de Residente Temporal, Residente Temporal Estudiante o Residente Permanente, está obligado a comunicar al INM, los cambios de estado civil, nombre o nacionalidad, domicilio o lugar de trabajo, dentro de los 90 días naturales posteriores a que ocurra dicho cambio."

Nothing about new passports.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:53 pm

I have a Global Entry card and it doesn't have my passport number on it, but it is in their record and I am obligated to update it when I get a new passport number.  

When I enter and leave MX I present both my RP and passport so that's why I was wondering if a new passport number will be an issue with INM when my account pops up on their screen.

I know they scan my US passport at INM, but can't recall if they also scan or enter the RP data at the same time.  

Guess I'll find out soon enough as i get ready to renew my passport.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down