INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residente Permanente....who qualifies

5 posters

Go down

Residente Permanente....who qualifies Empty Residente Permanente....who qualifies

Post by binky Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:03 pm

I wonder if Spencer concurs that the use of the word "any" at the beginning to Article 139, means that a foreigner meeting any single requirement set out in subsections I through VII can qualify immediately for Residente Permanente status. I.e., can a foreigner obtain Residente Permanente status solely based on income (the amount of which is yet TBD)???

This translation is via Google Translate which I am aware is risky business, especially for legal matters.

But, Spencer...when you read the following in it's orginal Spanish (which you have or will soon), how do you interpret it? Muchas Gracias for your valued input!

Article 139. The status of permanent resident stay under Article 52, section IX, of Law will be awarded to the foreign person that shows any of the following circumstances:

I. Having recognition of refugee status, granting complementary protection political asylum and statelessness determination in terms of the relevant legislation;

II. Having links with Mexican or permanent resident alien, according to the hypothesis family unit in terms of the provisions of Article 55 of the Act;

III. Being retired or retired with sufficient monthly income to support themselves during their stay in the country;

IV. That meets the categories and the minimum score required by point system, under the general administrative provisions issued by the Secretariat and will be published in the Official Journal of the Federation;

V. Having regular migration status for four consecutive years, in the case of residents temporary;

VI. Having relationship straight up or down to the second degree with Mexican by birth, and

VII. Having regular migration status for two consecutive years as a temporary resident, provided when the condition of stay has been granted by having spousal or common-law or Mexican equivalent figure or permanent resident and the relationship subsisting.

This, after complying with the requirements of the administrative provisions of generally issued by the Secretariat and will be published in the Official Journal of the Federation.
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Residente Permanente....who qualifies Empty Re: Residente Permanente....who qualifies

Post by E-raq Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm hearing the same thing Gringal, but reading the original Spanish it looks like we may be eligible now, so will give it a shot. We have completed 3 renewals on the FM2 inmigrante, and 10 years on FM3 status. Have owned property, the same one for 13 years, and meet the income requirements. I think we are eligible to go for Mexican citizenship, but, are unsure of what new rules may creep in either here or in Canada in the future, possibly making that an unwise choice.

Let's hope the new laws clarify the situation for all of us.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Residente Permanente....who qualifies Empty Re: Residente Permanente....who qualifies

Post by sparks Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:43 pm

johninajijic wrote:
What difference should it make to anyone to acheive "resident permanente" status after 5 years on FM 2? Please clue me in.

Resident permanente is Inmigrado ... which means no more visa renewals and more freedom. Yer too busy painting your house correctly
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:47 pm

>>>> what new rules may creep in either here or in Canada in the future, possibly making that an unwise choice.

Rules in Canada shouldn't effect what you do here with your immigration status. Inmigrado is not citizenship ... but only the first step
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:06 pm

I'd be happy to be free of applying and paying every year to stay.

Re citizenship, I understand that you can be a dual citizen in Mexico and in the U.S. since you must go through a formal renunciation to lose your U.S. citizenship. Someone who knows.......please correct me if I'm wrong.

Another thing about citizenship: A friend of ours owns a small property at the beach and is understandably annoyed that he has to pay the same fee for the "fideocomiso" as someone who has a huge place, so he's going to go for citizenship. (He's otherwise eligible) He says you must go to Mexico City sometime during the process. ???? Izzat so?

Also hearsay: If you are sufficiently elderly, the requirement for taking the test in Spanish is waived. ???

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:26 pm

>>> Also hearsay:

I've heard both and yes you can have duel-citizenship
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:31 pm

sparks wrote:>>>> what new rules may creep in either here or in Canada in the future, possibly making that an unwise choice.

Rules in Canada shouldn't effect what you do here with your immigration status. Inmigrado is not citizenship ... but only the first step

I was referring to dual citizenship Sparks, not residente permanente. You never know. As here the rules regarding your pension especially can change in a flash.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:44 pm

You pay taxes to where your income comes from .... and can't imagine another concern
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 pm

My favorites are the new point system to jump ahead to residente permanente and a new prequalification system

There will be a point system for:

Article 125 of the Regulations
I. Education level;
II. Work experience in areas of interest for the country with large demand and little supply;
III. Work experience in other areas;
IV. Investors;
V. Aptitudes in science and technology;
VI. Recognition or international awards;
VII. Command of the Spanish language, and
VIII. Knowledge of the Mexican culture.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Intercasa wrote:My favorites are the new point system to jump ahead to residente permanente and a new prequalification system

There will be a point system for:

Article 125 of the Regulations
I. Education level;
II. Work experience in areas of interest for the country with large demand and little supply;
III. Work experience in other areas;
IV. Investors;
V. Aptitudes in science and technology;
VI. Recognition or international awards;
VII. Command of the Spanish language, and
VIII. Knowledge of the Mexican culture.

BINGO, will talk to you on Monday!!!!! Fast track here we go. Thank you Spencer. Great info as always, and terrific service as well.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down