INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAC LAN Restaurant Review

Go down

CHAC LAN Restaurant Review Empty CHAC LAN Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:29 am

Four of us ate at CHAC LAN Restaurant last night (Sunday). We had never driven thru Piedra Barrenada on a Sunday when all the Guadalajarans were there at the restaurants. Every restaurant was very busy with full parking lots. I estimated approx 1,500 or more cars. WOW.

We arrived at Chac Lan and the valet parked our car and gave us a ticket. We were going to eat downstairs, but the girl suggested that we go upstairs for some reason. You still get the beautiful views from either dining room. They were very full upstairs, about 3/4 of the tables were taken. A couple of years ago the food fell to mediocre and the service was bad. A totally different experience this time.

The waiter came right over and gave us menus. My friend ordered a bottle of wine for the table. I ordered my usual Sprite. The menus are new. About 8 - 10 appetizers, 4 salads, 4 soups, 5 pastas and about 12 entrees consisting of Beef and Beef Filet, Rack of Lamb, Fish, Two kinds of Shrimp, Pork Chop and Chicken. The appetizers and soups run about $ 80 pesos. Salads about $ 80 pesos. All entress are the same price at $ 210 pesos.

One of us ordered Beef Carpaccio, one ordered Mussels in White Wine, one ordered Black Bean soup and I orderd a House Salad. The person who had the Black Bean soup had it there before when it had whole black beans in it, This time it was mashed black beans and he didn't like it. I had the House Salad, but there was no description as to what it contained. It was a mixture of lettuces, with a few beat chunks and orange slices around the edge. The lettuce was nice, but not without other ingrediendts as I expected tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc. I do not recommend it.

We ordered our entrees. Three of us ordered Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce. There were 6 decent sized shrimp. The mango sauce was good. It came with mashed potatoes and veggies. You can substitute rice for the potato which one person did. One person ordered the Beef Filet with Mustard Sauce cooked medium rare. It was cooked perfectly. The largest Filet Mignon at Lakeside, about 2 - 2 1/2 inches thick and a good 5 inches across. It came served over mashed potatoes. You can get Beef Filets done with different sauces.

We very much enjoyed eating at Chac Lan restaurant and highly recommend it. It certainly has changed with a new chef and an attentive wait staff.

CHAC LAN Restaurant (In the Raquet Club)
01 387 761 0326
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down