INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOB

+18
Jim W
Solovino
bobnliz
simpsca
prorader
lunateak
viajero
kipissippi
Zedinmexico
Uncle Jack
ferret
gringal
Parker
David
johninajijic
hockables
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TOB Empty TOB

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:32 am

Occasionally I take a look on Crapola.com to see if anything is happening that may be of interest to the members here. I noticed there was a thread about web boards and within that thread someone is accusing us of hiding all crime discussions within the "members only" section. They say that this only started happening a few months ago because "the owner has moved here and has business plans". Where do people get this crap from? I haven't moved any crime related discussions from one section to another. I leave it where it was initially started. There are several discussions about crime and such under the General Section. I have even started a few there myself. I'm not sure about the "business plans" so if somebody knows about that please fill me in as I want to start collecting my paycheck.......jajaja.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=35353
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

TOB Empty Re: TOB

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:40 am

CB:

Look at who is making the comments - manny aka susan! She is a perfect member over on TOB with her gibberish since many on there speak the same language. HA!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:45 am

CanuckBob wrote:Occasionally I take a look on Crapola.com to see if anything is happening that may be of interest to the members here. I noticed there was a thread about web boards and within that thread someone is accusing us of hiding all crime discussions within the "members only" section. They say that this only started happening a few months ago because "the owner has moved here and has business plans". Where do people get this crap from? I haven't moved any crime related discussions from one section to another. I leave it where it was initially started. There are several discussions about crime and such under the General Section. I have even started a few there myself. I'm not sure about the "business plans" so if somebody knows about that please fill me in as I want to start collecting my paycheck.......jajaja.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=35353

U wanna share in my door to door vaccum business bob? I wuz think'n about sell'n franchise rights...

by the way.... what is your address?

Last edited by hockables on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:47 am

TOB is full of newbies who ask the dumbest questions. They're not intelligent enough to find out on their own and learn how the systems in Mexico work. I must say we did have an advantage by getting advise from our Spanish speaking American friends who had lived here for 5 years.

Just read the link to crapola.com. They look at that board as the most open board with blinders on, then they parrot gringal. What a bunch of losers. Then manny (susan) makes her idiotic comments. They're all too STUPID to see that this IS the BEST board at Lakeside.

Last edited by johninajijic on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am

johninajijic wrote:TOB is full of newbies who ask the dumbest questions. They're not intelligent enough to find out on their own and learn how the systems in Mexico work. I must say we did have an advantage by getting advise from our Spanish speaking American friends who had lived here for 5 years.

I get mine from my English speaking Mexican friends.... lol
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 am

Advise or advice? Another of those like: lose/loose, their/there, morons/maroons, quota/cuota, and the list goes on!

By the way, John it isn't just your "newbies"! There are numerous long time residents who offer up some of the worst responses and answers!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Advise or advice? Another of those like: lose/loose, their/there, morons/maroons, quota/cuota, and the list goes on!

U say Tomato... I say Tomato...
hmmmmm....

that works better verbally
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:39 am

johninajijic wrote:TOB is full of newbies who ask the dumbest questions. They're not intelligent enough to find out on their own and learn how the systems in Mexico work. I must say we did have an advantage by getting advise from our Spanish speaking American friends who had lived here for 5 years.

Just read the link to crapola.com. They look at that board as the most open board with blinders on, then they parrot gringal. What a bunch of losers. Then manny (susan) makes her idiotic comments. They're all too STUPID to see that this IS the BEST board at Lakeside.

I'm not disputing which board is better. I'm sure they are better at some things. I just don't like being accused of censorship. The only threads that get moved to the Octagon area are those that have turned from PG to Restricted. It has nothing to do with crime.........jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 am

You're your own worst critic!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 am

C-Bob wrote: …” I just don't like being accused of censorship.”…

You know it and we know it' but when you’re trying to “Kiss A$$” you’ve got to come up with something, No?

BTW- How do we know manny is susan or is this just someone’s guess? Did I miss something?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:20 am

I couldn't find the post you're referring to, CBob, but I suspect that when susan/manny/bronco gets ticked off at someone...........speaking the truth is no longer a consideration.

Now about that "business"..............ya selling shares at a discount on the first offering?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:22 am

Censorship here? The censorship is there! Whole threads just completely disappear without explanation. At least here, you KNOW where they were moved to and why. Members have access to everything here.
I contemplated (for a nanosecond) in replying to susan/manny and then thought the better of it. She/he/it gave you free advertising and is too stupid to have figured it out.

Parker it was an educated guess by cheenagringo. I seconded it...it's not possible that TWO people could use the expression "but of cause".

Last edited by ferret on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add comment to Parker)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:26 am

There is no doubt in my mind that manny is susan on TOB and susan is bronco on MexConnect. Like it or not, we all have certain writing styles that even if we are attempting to disguise will show up sooner or later. It takes a very devious and calculating person to show up on a forum with a different name and not be recognized sooner or later.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:28 am

gringal wrote:I couldn't find the post you're referring to, CBob, but I suspect that when susan/manny/bronco gets ticked off at someone...........speaking the truth is no longer a consideration.

Now about that "business"..............ya selling shares at a discount on the first offering?

Post 11 & 13 I believe.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:30 am

Parker wrote:
gringal wrote:I couldn't find the post you're referring to, CBob, but I suspect that when susan/manny/bronco gets ticked off at someone...........speaking the truth is no longer a consideration.

Post 11 & 13 I believe.

I went over there and found it. I told Manny that it wasn't true and he (she, it) knew it wasn't true. He/she/it is FOS!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 am

I moderated TOB by myself for about 5 years. With the exception of Pedro (who just liked to disturb feces), Bubba (when he had been drinking) and Jeannie (when she forgot her meds) I had little need to censor anything. I read TOB today and hardly recognize it.

It was a different time and another place.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 am

Yes, found it. I more or less dittoed David.

People can try to hide their online identity under new handles, but the style of expression comes right on through. Especially true if people have some quirky grammar, spelling and punctuation issues. Maybe they're just trying to be "creative" eh? Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:54 am

CheenaGringo wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that manny is susan on TOB and susan is bronco on MexConnect. Like it or not, we all have certain writing styles that even if we are attempting to disguise will show up sooner or later. It takes a very devious and calculating person to show up on a forum with a different name and not be recognized sooner or later.

CG - You are 100% correct. bronco (susan) PM'd me on Mexconnect asking questions about this forum and why she was banned.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 am

If she needed to ask, then she is crazier and dumber than I was giving her credit for!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 pm

CanuckBob wrote:

I'm not disputing which board is better. I'm sure they are better at some things. I just don't like being accused of censorship. The only threads that get moved to the Octagon area are those that have turned from PG to Restricted. It has nothing to do with crime.........jajaja.

You are very fair Bob and we appreciate that.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:11 pm

I don't think the newbies are stupid...yes they ask questions that they could Google....but it's not just about the answer..it's about connecting with people who have similar interests.

Just my two cents.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 pm

kipissippi wrote:I don't think the newbies are stupid...yes they ask questions that they could Google....but it's not just about the answer..it's about connecting with people who have similar interests.

Just my two cents.

I totally agree. We need a constant in-flow of newbies to keep us fresh. Thanks to everyone who responded on TOB. My lifetime ban prevents me from doing so......jajjaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 pm

kipissippi wrote:I don't think the newbies are stupid...yes they ask questions that they could Google....but it's not just about the answer..it's about connecting with people who have similar interests.

Just my two cents.
I agree.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Why would a person be stupid, just because he/she is new on a board?

No reason.

What I have noticed on occasion is that a "newbie" will enter the forum with a "put down" attitude and a verbal machine gun, as if those already on the board were stupid. As in all social situations, it may be best to enter quietly, get to know people and be civilized.

Later, you can behave as a knowitall loudmouth, but you'd best have some compensating qualities.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Going back to the early 2000's, there were two choices (TOB & MexConnect) that I knew about. As I remember it, people used the search functions or at the very least did some historical reading before they jumped in with comments or questions. I will grant you that with all of the revisions on TOB, their search function doesn't operate well but how many times does the very same topic need to come up on page 1, 2 or 3? MexConnect has also regressed to this "instant gratification" (lazy behavior) and after all, everyone's question is unique to them and has never been covered before!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum