INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOB

+18
Jim W
Solovino
bobnliz
simpsca
prorader
lunateak
viajero
kipissippi
Zedinmexico
Uncle Jack
ferret
gringal
Parker
David
johninajijic
hockables
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

TOB - Page 2 Empty Re: TOB

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Going back to the early 2000's, there were two choices (TOB & MexConnect) that I knew about. As I remember it, people used the search functions or at the very least did some historical reading before they jumped in with comments or questions. I will grant you that with all of the revisions on TOB, their search function doesn't operate well but how many times does the very same topic need to come up on page 1, 2 or 3? MexConnect has also regressed to this "instant gratification" (lazy behavior) and after all, everyone's question is unique to them and has never been covered before!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:35 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Going back to the early 2000's, there were two choices (TOB & MexConnect) that I knew about. As I remember it, people used the search functions or at the very least did some historical reading before they jumped in with comments or questions. I will grant you that with all of the revisions on TOB, their search function doesn't operate well but how many times does the very same topic need to come up on page 1, 2 or 3? MexConnect has also regressed to this "instant gratification" (lazy behavior) and after all, everyone's question is unique to them and has never been covered before!

how bout them topes... Rolling Eyes
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:44 pm

You mean these?

[img]TOB - Page 2 Images15[/img]

Now here is one I have never seen:

[img]TOB - Page 2 Tope-d10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Gee whiz, I thought those tope signs indicated the turn off to the "boobie beach"...............jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Maybe somebody can link the following / surviving la vida loca things that go bump,by don cuevas re speed bumps.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Neil, not everyone is as adicted to scouring the internet as you are. They're looking for social interaction as well as information. There is something to be said for the personal touch.

CheenaGringo wrote:Going back to the early 2000's, there were two choices (TOB & MexConnect) that I knew about. As I remember it, people used the search functions or at the very least did some historical reading before they jumped in with comments or questions. I will grant you that with all of the revisions on TOB, their search function doesn't operate well but how many times does the very same topic need to come up on page 1, 2 or 3? MexConnect has also regressed to this "instant gratification" (lazy behavior) and after all, everyone's question is unique to them and has never been covered before!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:27 pm

"Maybe somebody can link the following / surviving la vida loca things that go bump,by don cuevas re speed bumps.":

[img]TOB - Page 2 738_sp10[/img]

"Anyone familiar with driving in Mexico knows what "topes" are: speed bump barriers to excessive velocity as well as tranquility. There are various forms of topes, ranging from the basic raised ridge to metal plates set into the pavement and the elegant "reductor de velocidad" along Morelia's Avenida Camelinas. Then there's the racy "vibradores", a series of corrugations sometimes known in the U.S. as "rumble strips". In ritzy Montclair, NJ, they have "speed humps".

But there are lesser known variants of topes, which I'll describe. Poor communities, which don't have the funds to install raised barriers, sometimes just make a short and steep ditch, a negative space I dubbed a "nope". That's pronounce "NO-pay". In the hardscrabble outlying burg of Tzurumutaro, the back street sports concrete tank barriers that could be called "golpes", Spanish for "hit" or "blow" in the hurting sense. Those are best negotiated by flanking maneuvers when possible and when that's not feasible, a slow aproach at an angle may allow your vehicle to pass without damage. In pleasant contrast, the highway bypassing Tzurumutaro to one side has two of the most gradual and gentle tope mounds ever seen. Crossing them is like eating Mallomars candy..................................................

http://cocinamexicana.blogspot.com/2010/09/things-that-go-bump-in-road.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Thats the one,gracias.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 am

Accusing THIS board of censorship?!?
When TOB was censoring negative news I wrote on TOB that people could express their opinions on this board without fear of censoring and was advised that I was rude by TOB moderator. I then wrote that their attitude was somewhat fascist and incurred my ban.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 am

There are certainly times when I would like to censor some of the childish, drunken, whacked out comments that I see around here........jaja.

Basta

And in fact we do sometimes........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:31 pm

CanuckBob wrote:There are certainly times when I would like to censor some of the childish, drunken, whacked out comments that I see around here........jaja.

Basta

And in fact we do sometimes........
I get a kick out of those posts,please continue your policy of tolerance.I made my monthly book run to Ajijijic today and ran into Proraider at Big Daddy's,he might have been an ass kicking snake eater back in Viet Nam but these days I'm pretty sure my 6 year old could whup him without breaking a sweat.
And how bout them topes.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Im not up to a 6 year old any more, to old and fat
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Wicked

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 pm

prorader wrote:Im not up to a 6 year old any more, to old and fat
That's okay Proraider,I'm probably too old to take on 26 year olds,btw the "suicide sausages" were okay but if you want HOT try my wife's chilaquiles, they'll make a mexican sweat.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:52 pm

I bought some of them Suicide Sausages today too. The sample I tried was good. Probably about as hot as he can go for the general public. I want to try your wife's chilaquiles one of these days.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm sorry I missed you today I was looking for you,thought you might be there,if I lived lakeside I wouldn't miss the board meeting but afternoon tequilas and then the drive back to GDL may not be such a good idea,hopefully we will get together soon ,I would enjoy meeting you.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:45 pm

cool now I don't have to worry about your 6 year old kicking my A
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:01 pm

The Suicide Sausages take a few seconds to give a slow burn. Your right I don't know what the Mexican law is but I think we have hit our limit but it's up to Miles I have seen raw peppers burn and blister peoples mouth in the US and I don't think we want to go there just to satisfy a few people The important things, are sanitation, quality control and consistancy. I don't like several of the sausages so I don't eat them but for the most I do, I am sure the majority will feel the same, my wife loves queso cheese I hate it I love extra sharp chedder, she hates it, what the hell. Life goes on. Grilled snake tastes like chicken
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Jaja.....seems like everything tastes like chicken. Snake, alligator, frog, rabbit, etc., etc. Go figure.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:23 pm

I read Crapola and didn't see this one. If anything they have gotten more liberal about letting crime info stay on the board and unlocked because you let it on your board.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:29 pm

C-bobby... I gotta tell ya... alligator tastes like chicken... until you get a fishy bit. Fishy gator is a smell-taste one might rather forget. Yuk! Lizzy TOB - Page 2 169387
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:37 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Jaja.....seems like everything tastes like chicken. Snake, alligator, frog, rabbit, etc., etc. Go figure.

Down here chicken actually tastes like chicken. NOB it doesn't.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 pm

I would love to see more turkey here, I don't understand why. I also think that chicken being a major staple is so expensive compared to the US?
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:54 pm

You can get turkey everyday at Puritan Poultry. Chicken is better here because they don't allow the hormones that Perdue and other low cost producers in the US use. It still costs less than good quality chicken in the US.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 pm

David wrote:You can get turkey everyday at Puritan Poultry. Chicken is better here because they don't allow the hormones that Perdue and other low cost producers in the US use. It still costs less than good quality chicken in the US.

They don't use hormones in the US poultry industry either.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:27 pm

next to the car dealer? I forgot haven't lived for a few years, I hope not the Walmart price
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 am

Solovino wrote:
David wrote:You can get turkey everyday at Puritan Poultry. Chicken is better here because they don't allow the hormones that Perdue and other low cost producers in the US use. It still costs less than good quality chicken in the US.

They don't use hormones in the US poultry industry either.

Only if you buy the agribusiness chicken that says natural on it otherwise check the label. Last I looked they had both.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: