INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOB

+18
Jim W
Solovino
bobnliz
simpsca
prorader
lunateak
viajero
kipissippi
Zedinmexico
Uncle Jack
ferret
gringal
Parker
David
johninajijic
hockables
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

TOB - Page 5 Empty Re: TOB

Post by Jim W Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:34 pm

hound dog wrote:You guys must have just come from Mars. Artisanally raised chickens in France are far superior to those industrial chickens grown in the United States and you can buy one for only the equivalent of $35USD. Get back on your space ship and return to Moline circa 1955.

DAWG, why don't you just say...."Beam me up scottie"?

Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:05 pm

hound dog wrote:You guys must have just come from Mars. Artisanally raised chickens in France are far superior to those industrial chickens grown in the United States and you can buy one for only the equivalent of $35USD. Get back on your space ship and return to Moline circa 1955.

The point many are making is that you do pay more for a superior (on so many levels) product. The problem is that the uneducated, uninformed public prefers a cheap (on so many levels) product. Fortunately for those in the USA and Mexico with some education and information that far superior bird is available for far less than the French are paying.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 pm

viajero wrote:
bobnliz wrote:
Jim W wrote:...you play golf like a WOMAN

W.P.G.A., no doubt... Lucky him. You a misogynist, or something equally distasteful??? TOB - Page 5 868847 Lizzy
I know of a mexican woman from GDL who could kick both their butts using just a 7 iron,Nancy Lopez.

I wish you could line up the game......I would play Lorena Ochoa for 10,000 pesos per hole..it would be fun even losing 50,000..I have a 4 handicap.....made 5 birdies in a row, shot 67 on the mini tour...Hogan tour...back in my 70"s. Shot 72 @ Atlas last year....shot 71 @ vista del lago...all @ the age past 60......And I have shot 80 playing and putting with one club....a 6 iron. Please viajero...set me up with the game! razberry I am good and I know it....10 % of golfers never break a hundred.....10% of them never break 90......
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:03 pm

lunateak wrote:

The point many are making is that you do pay more for a superior (on so many levels) product. The problem is that the uneducated, uninformed public prefers a cheap (on so many levels) product. Fortunately for those in the USA and Mexico with some education and information that far superior bird is available for far less than the French are paying.

Not likely unless one imports it from Bresse! I'm afraid you don't know what the Dawg is referring to.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:06 pm

[img]TOB - Page 5 Th_bul12[/img]

Talented and humble athletes in any sport let their game and reputations speak for themselves! They don't need to shout from the rooftops.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:18 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:[img]TOB - Page 5 Th_bul12[/img]

Talented and humble athletes in any sport let their game and reputations speak for themselves! They don't need to shout from the rooftops.

You are one boring dude
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Jim W wrote:
viajero wrote:
bobnliz wrote:
Jim W wrote:...you play golf like a WOMAN

W.P.G.A., no doubt... Lucky him. You a misogynist, or something equally distasteful??? TOB - Page 5 868847 Lizzy
I know of a mexican woman from GDL who could kick both their butts using just a 7 iron,Nancy Lopez.

I wish you could line up the game......I would play Lorena Ochoa for 10,000 pesos per hole..it would be fun even losing 50,000..I have a 4 handicap.....made 5 birdies in a row, shot 67 on the mini tour...Hogan tour...back in my 70"s. Shot 72 @ Atlas last year....shot 71 @ vista del lago...all @ the age past 60......And I have shot 80 playing and putting with one club....a 6 iron. Please viajero...set me up with the game! razberry I am good and I know it....10 % of golfers never break a hundred.....10% of them never break 90......
If you shot an 80 using only a 6 iron....mis respetos.Do you need a caddy,I could use the extra pesos.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Not likely unless one imports it from Bresse! I'm afraid you don't know what the Dawg is referring to.[/quote]

I stopped living in fear years ago....

http://clericiranch.wordpress.com/artisanal-chickens-availability/

lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:30 pm

lunateak wrote:Not likely unless one imports it from Bresse! I'm afraid you don't know what the Dawg is referring to.

I stopped living in fear years ago....

http://clericiranch.wordpress.com/artisanal-chickens-availability/

[/quote]

Don´t be unfair, lunateak. Dawg was not trying to be a snot. Yes, I was referring to such chickens as those from Bresse but artisanal chickens come from all over France and can be very expensive but quite good. I only meant to say that if you wish to buy chickens raised in other than industrial conditions, you´ll have to pay the price. Americans want cheap chicken but expect those chckens to be of high quality. Ain´t gonna happen, folks.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Apology accepted.

We apparently do agree that the masses wouldn't know the value of good food at any price.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:27 am

A great many of those masses can't afford one of those chickens even if they could find it.
The disparity between "rich" and "poor" in the good ol' US of A is so large now that the poor might as well be living in the third world for all their buying power. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:27 am

Good point, Lizzie. The nearly empty pocket people don't get to get picky about the quality of their chickens and Big Agri knows it.
We seldom saw genuinely poor folks at the local farmers' markets NOB. Things cost more there than at the local crapola stores.

Any of the "not good" food around here would be most welcome on their tables.

Time to get real. Thanks for the reminder.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:59 am

This is an interesting subject that rarely receives the attention it deserves. Animal flesh whether from the earth or the sea produced and distributed as human sustenance is often produced under conditions we humans not involved in the harvesting of animals for human consumption find repulsive.

Where we live in Highland Chiapas, the indigenous folks, who constitute a large proportion of the local population, live largely in extreme poverty but are sustained by locally produced vegetable products and eat only modest amounts of meat or fish but that is not because they are compassionate toward other creatures sharing the planet but because other creatures used by humans for sustenance are expensive to nurture and, thus, except on an industrial scale, impractiical sources of nutrition if produced on a small scale. Plus, unlike animals fed on an industrial scale, you have to go out into the pin and kill and gut and dress the sumbitch. It ain´t like a drive to the Safeway.

When we are in Chiapas, living within two blocks of the indigenous market with its ample supplies of fresh, locally grown vegetables, we eat far more vegetables than meat than is the case at Lakeside simply because the vegetables are so good and nourishing and, also, because the meat supply in Chiapas is suspect due to inadequate local sanitary practices. It´s that simple.

Dawg does not give a damn about the morality or immorality of slaughtering animals for consumption and would barbeque a pig or a cow or a horse or a lamb or, if hungry enough, a raccoon in a minute for a meal but I don´t really know how to clean the sonsabitches. I need a butcher for that.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 am

CheenaGringo wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that manny is susan on TOB and susan is bronco on MexConnect. Like it or not, we all have certain writing styles that even if we are attempting to disguise will show up sooner or later. It takes a very devious and calculating person to show up on a forum with a different name and not be recognized sooner or later.
I am that devious and calculating. I just kept forgetting who I was signed in as... sigh.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:08 am

Who is Manny/Susan/ Bronco and why are youse guys so mean to it?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am

That would be Susan/Bronco/Manny.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:29 am

"youse guys"? Read her/his/its posts to achieve enlightenment, grasshopper.
smash comp

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 am

gringal wrote:"youse guys"? Read her/his/its posts to achieve enlightenment, grasshopper.
smash comp

Like your emoticon........good sense of humour!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:25 am

David wrote:That would be Susan/Bronco/Manny.
No that would be susan/bronco /manny

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 am

Ah, but wouldn't our Fearless Leader have screened it out, if so?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 pm

TOB - Page 5 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder