INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jury duty summons a few months late....

4 posters

Go down

Jury duty summons a few months late.... Empty Jury duty summons a few months late....

Post by merry Mon May 21, 2012 5:45 pm

... so I haven't gotten mail from the states in an eternity and when I got a batch of it there it was, a serious-looking jury duty summons dated months ago.

I have my FM3 non-immigrant resident status, so I don't think it should be a big deal. I doubt they expected me to fly back only to reject me a few minutes later when they hear about my sordid past.

But what is the etiquette on this kind of stuff? Do I send very late regrets? Or a postcard with pictures of palm trees and machine guns? Or ???

TIA,
Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Jury duty summons a few months late.... Empty Re: Jury duty summons a few months late....

Post by David Mon May 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Best to call, say you're living out of the country and seldom get mail.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Jury duty summons a few months late.... Empty Re: Jury duty summons a few months late....

Post by Intercasa Mon May 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Last time I got a jury notice I responded saying I keep my California info but live outside the US and am a resident of Mexico and provided a copy of my FM3 and a utility bill as proof of such and have never heard back since.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Mon May 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Woo hoo thanks Spencer! I'll do just that.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 pm

My father-in-law used to say just write them a short note that states “just shoot the son-of-a-bitch, you don’t need my help” and they wouldn’t write back. Ha Ha Ha!!! Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down