INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need beef jerky, help!

+10
viajero
ComputerGuy
Smartalex
Luisa
borderreiver
Chico
saege007
CanuckBob
Big Daddy Mexico
merry
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Need beef jerky, help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need beef jerky, help!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:33 pm

seisdedos wrote:
viajero wrote:
You're right it's easy to do and much tastier than the carne seca or cecina you find around here,much cheaper too.

We never buy it but eat homemade cecina when my MIL makes it. Un guisado de machaca con huevo, cebolla, jitomate, cilantro y chile serrano beats BBQ jerky hands down.

Well tell us how to make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:27 pm

seisdedos wrote:
viajero wrote:
You're right it's easy to do and much tastier than the carne seca or cecina you find around here,much cheaper too.

We never buy it but eat homemade cecina when my MIL makes it. Un guisado de machaca con huevo, cebolla, jitomate, cilantro y chile serrano beats BBQ jerky hands down.
I never mentioned BBQ jerky.
Machaca con huevos is great we buy the brand made in Chihuahua,but it has absolutely nothing to do with beef jerky,frankly the homemade cecina I've had in Mexico hecho con limon y sal can't compare to real jerky,cada quien su gusto.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 am

viajero wrote:
seisdedos wrote:
viajero wrote:

Machaca con huevos is great we buy the brand made in Chihuahua,but it has absolutely nothing to do with beef jerky,frankly the homemade cecina I've had in Mexico hecho con limon y sal can't compare to real jerky,cada quien su gusto.

BBQ was mentioned somewhere in the thread I am sure. Machaca starts out as cecina or carne seca before it is machucada. My MIL doesn't use lime. Just salted and dried. The northern style is pounded until it is paper thin. I prefer the local style which is lightly pounded and then shredded.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:25 am

seisdedos wrote:
viajero wrote:
seisdedos wrote:
viajero wrote:

BBQ was mentioned somewhere in the thread I am sure. Machaca starts out as cecina or carne seca before it is machucada. My MIL doesn't use lime. Just salted and dried. The northern style is pounded until it is paper thin. I prefer the local style which is lightly pounded and then shredded.

BBQ was not spoken about by V but rather by me.
It was an addition to Beef Jerky and is what i learned to do while I lived on my homestead in Alaska.

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:55 am

You can get the thin sliced beef almost anywhere. Buy the cheap (less marbled) stuff. Trim off visible fat, but leave pieces whole...It's easer to cut into strips with scissors after it has dried.

Marinate for a couple of hours in this mix:
1/3 C sugar
2 C soy sauce
1 C water
1 C red wine
1/2 tsp (or more) each of onion powder, pepper, garlic powder & hot sauce
If you use lite soy sauce, you may want to add some salt. If you don't have a dedicated smoker like mine ( http://www.smokehouseproducts.com/ ), you might add a dash of liquid smoke.

Remove from brine and air dry on racks for an hour. I then smoke it for an hour with applewood and finish drying it with no more smoke. The oven rack method should work.

PS: MERRY LIKES IT. Very Happy
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2