INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viva Mexico Tuesday 2pm resturante swarm

+6
gringoman
johninajijic
Grizzy
simpsca
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
10 posters

Go down

Viva Mexico Tuesday 2pm resturante swarm Empty Viva Mexico Tuesday 2pm resturante swarm

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:56 am

Hi

Will call Viva Mexico on Monday with a count.

Please post here the numbers of folks.
Any folks who want to bus with us from Ajijic give me a PM.

2, Zed and Mona (my poor long suffering wife for being with me :-)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Viva Mexico Tuesday 2pm resturante swarm Empty Re: Viva Mexico Tuesday 2pm resturante swarm

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 am

2 - Bob & Sharon
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Viva Mexico Tuesday 2pm resturante swarm Empty Re: Viva Mexico Tuesday 2pm resturante swarm

Post by simpsca Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:17 am

I think we are up to 14 now. Zed - his phones are not working (he was receiving a lot of threats so they have all been shut off), he said email is the best way to reach him. I made a reservation for 12 and will email Monday to increase it to 14. For anyone else who wants to make a reservation he told me yesterday that email is the best (other than going there to make the reservation because I'm in town). This is his email: aguscosala(at)gmail.com

Substitute the (at) for @ when you email.

Zed if you do get through to him be sure to tell him there are not two groups of 14 coming - just ours as far as I know.

Last evening I was there and there were several tables of people but not enough to make a living. He used to be packed on weekends. I know he will be thrilled to see our group! Still time to sign up - I can always let him know there will be more people.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 am

I am hoping to be there with a party of 3 but won't know for sure for a day. Also can anyone share simple directions driving from Ajijic? I have tried to find the restaurant in the past and could not.
Gracias!
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:28 am

simpsca - With my Dinner group, if I'm not sure someone is coming, I make the reservation for more. It's easier to take away a couple of chairs rather than add a table and chairs.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 am

Directions: These were posted on the other thread:

Take the carraterra to the Raquet Club and go past the Raquet Club. There are a lot of topes in this section of the Carr. in a few blocks you will see a vivero with lots of beautiful plants and flowers on the carr. on the left. The very next left hand turn is Cardinale. Make a left onto Cardinale and then your first right - Porfirio Diaz. You go about 3 3/4 blocks to the restaurant on the right. You will pass the town plaza on the way. Restaurant has a sign Viva Mexico - Tia Lupita. You can't miss it on Porfirio Diaz.

simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 am

johninajijic wrote:simpsca - With my Dinner group, if I'm not sure someone is coming, I make the reservation for more. It's easier to take away a couple of chairs rather than add a table and chairs.

Thanks John, I think I'll change the reservation to a table to 20 just in case those maybes can make it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringoman Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 am

Would like to add us to the group- Mike & Lisa

gringoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:41 am

simpsca wrote:
johninajijic wrote:simpsca - With my Dinner group, if I'm not sure someone is coming, I make the reservation for more. It's easier to take away a couple of chairs rather than add a table and chairs.

Thanks John, I think I'll change the reservation to a table to 20 just in case those maybes can make it.

Thank you for doing this Simpsca.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:43 am

"With my Dinner group, if I'm not sure someone is coming, I make the reservation for more. It's easier to take away a couple of chairs rather than add a table and chairs."

Again being so considerate of the restaurant by making sure they are ready for a large group and the stress will be less. How about considering the fact that they might overbuy supplies and bring in too much staff? That's all right - no harm no foul because they should be thankful that we showed up in the first place!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:47 am

CheenaGringo wrote:"With my Dinner group, if I'm not sure someone is coming, I make the reservation for more. It's easier to take away a couple of chairs rather than add a table and chairs."

Again being so considerate of the restaurant by making sure they are ready for a large group and the stress will be less. How about considering the fact that they might overbuy supplies and bring in too much staff? That's all right - no harm no foul because they should be thankful that we showed up in the first place!

Sometimes things like this can be over-thought. All we can do is our best guess and let the chips fly.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:47 am

This one is easy for me because I live in the town. So far I have everyone covered. And I've seen Augustin's waiters add extra tables to a group as fast as lightning - so I don't see any problems with reserving.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:05 pm

i will be there, but my wife has other plans with some friends. I dont know any of you so if you see me walk in, im the guy with tattoos and devilishly handsome!! LOL!!
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:27 pm

We'll be the BIG group!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:04 am

Easier directions: From Ajijic drive into San Juan Cosala. When you see a very tall tower on your left, turn left just before it. Go to the corner (passing the church on your left) and turn right . Continue until you see the sign for Viva Mexico on your right

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:37 am

shana wrote:Easier directions: From Ajijic drive into San Juan Cosala. When you see a very tall tower on your left, turn left just before it. Go to the corner (passing the church on your left) and turn right . Continue until you see the sign for Viva Mexico on your right

It is actually second electronic tower next to road. First tower is much farther away from road.
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:04 pm

My husband and I would like to come too - but we will probably be about 15 minutes late because we have another meeting in West Ajijic that ends at 2.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:59 pm

There will be plenty of room. I just told Augustin to set up for 20 people and he said 20 or 30 it doesn't matter, he can handle it. And late is OK also. We'll be sure to have seats for you.

See you at at 2pm tomorrow.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down