INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swarm 16 Headcount for Viva Mexico, Tues. Aug. 27

+4
zenwoodle
DaveP
juanrey
simpsca
8 posters

Go down

Swarm 16 Headcount for Viva Mexico, Tues. Aug. 27 Empty Swarm 16 Headcount for Viva Mexico, Tues. Aug. 27

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:01 am

Since it looks like a BIG turnout, I'm going to check the head count for lunch swarm at Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala next Tuesday, Aug, 27 at 1pm. If there are some I have missed or some whose plans have changed just add a post and I'll add or subtract you.

So far I have:

simpsca - 2
zenwoodle - 2
slainte39 - 1
RoofBob - 2
Jim W - 2
camilleinparadise - 3
IslandGirl - 2
joyfull - 2
CanuckBob - 4
DaveP - 1
SunnyvMex - 2
SunFan - 2
Zedinmexico - 2
mwool - 3
hkrause - 2
gringoman - 2
Barbi Cheesecake - 4
bman2 - 1

TOTAL 39

If I missed anyone please let me know. With a group this big there will be some extra people helping out. I'll try to get a copy of the menu to post so you can see what he has to eat.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Swarm 16 Headcount for Viva Mexico, Tues. Aug. 27 Empty Re: Swarm 16 Headcount for Viva Mexico, Tues. Aug. 27

Post by juanrey Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Add 1 more with me, to make it a round 40.

You might want to see if they could open the new area (which Augustine normally has open only on the weekends). Truly a very nice garden / outside atmosphere.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Swarm 16 Headcount for Viva Mexico, Tues. Aug. 27 Empty Re: Swarm 16 Headcount for Viva Mexico, Tues. Aug. 27

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:34 pm

OK I'll ask about that and how many the new building can seat. I just ate there this weekend and I'm not sure we are going to get 40 in there. Maybe put the buffet in there and us in the large part. There is a courtyard with umbrellas in the new section but too much sun. The new room does have a section under the roof which is shaded and very cool. I'm going over Friday and will ask him about logistics.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:44 pm

It's been recommended that we have fixed price buffet at Viva Mexico. Agustin could serve a buffet with chicken, pork and lamb, with salad vegetables and a dessert for 150 pesos per plate - drinks not included. If that cost is too high please tell me and I'll see what I can work out with Agustin again about what he could offer for a lower cost. Agustin and his staff will welcome the Swarm group just as warmly if the preference is to order individually from the menu. I have been to many luncheons and with a group this big a buffet would get people served a lot faster than if dishes are individually made. Let me know if there is a problem with the price and I'll try to work out a cheaper menu.

Right now we have a group of 40 people coming. If anyone wants to bring used (or unused) clothing they will be gratefully accepted. A friend of mine recently gave them 10 baby packages of clothing for new-borns. So anything is appreciated but not necessary to enjoy the luncheon and lots of great company.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:41 am

simpsca wrote:It's been recommended that we have fixed price buffet at Viva Mexico.  Agustin could serve a buffet with chicken, pork and lamb, with salad vegetables and a dessert for 150 pesos per plate - drinks not included.  If that cost is too high please tell me and I'll see what I can work out with Agustin again about what he could offer for a lower cost.  Agustin and his staff will welcome the Swarm group just as warmly if the preference is to order individually from the menu.  I have been to many luncheons and with a group this big a buffet would get people served a lot faster than if dishes are individually made.  Let me know if there is a problem with the price and I'll try to work out a cheaper menu.

Right now we have a group of 40 people coming. If anyone wants to bring used (or unused) clothing they will be gratefully accepted.  A friend of mine recently gave them 10 baby packages of clothing for new-borns.  So anything is appreciated but not necessary to enjoy the luncheon and lots of great company.
I would like to eat off the menu. Most of our lunches run to less than 150 pesos for 2 including drinks. I just catered in a dinner for 60 that cost about a third of that including 5 meats and 5 other dishes plus juices. My idea of a lunch is a few tacos and a beer.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 am

150 pesos for a lunch buffet seems a bit pricey.

I do not eat salad or dessert at lunch and 150 pesos is about what we would pay for both of us for food only. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by camillenparadise Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:18 am

Could I suggest name tags? Most of you know each other, but there are also newbies and part-timers like me.

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Ok I'll let them know there is a problem. There is someone from Operation Feed helping out who ptoposed this idea of buffet. I'll talk to Augustin tomorrow and see what I csn work out.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Just a suggestion.
40+ people seems like an awful lot of people.
How about 2 swarms of about 20 each, maybe Tuesday and Wednesday? Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 pm

They are ready for 40 at one time.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:54 pm

zenwoodle wrote:Just a suggestion.
40+ people seems like an awful lot of people.
How about 2 swarms of about 20 each, maybe Tuesday and Wednesday? Beer 
That would kind of defeat the purpose of being able to meet everyone.

For one in the future if there continues to be a large group...maybe have it a cocktail hour with drinks and botanas?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:33 pm

We are down by at least 7 people due to the suggested change to buffet at fixed price, suggested by someone not in our group but was trying to help Augustin. I'll be talking to Augustin tomorrow to see if I can make a better plan. He can handle as many as 40, he has done more - he is still very tired, but will have plenty of volunteer help. And I will see what I can do about getting the price down and alternatively order off the menu. But ordering off the menu for everyone will take significantly longer than buffet. We are actually closer to 33 right now in number. I doesn't make sense to change to two days now, I can't be available for two days and splitting up the crowd into two groups is a challenge. So we'll go with the headcount we have and I'll be back to everyone about a price and menu change.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:36 pm

camillenparadise wrote:Could I suggest name tags? Most of you know each other, but there are also newbies and part-timers like me.
I suggest everyone who wants to, make and wear a name tag.  I don't have any way of knowing the actual names of everyone in the group and many people don't like to share that information outside of a small group.  What we have done at parties is print our web board handle and that our real first name.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by camillenparadise Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Can you add four more please?

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Camillenparadise - I have you down for 3 - do you want 4 more? Thanks
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ValeroGeorge Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Yes, thanks, a total of 7!

ValeroGeorge

Back to top Go down

Post by ValeroGeorge Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Oops! Camillenparadise replied under my login, all together we are a total of 7.

ValeroGeorge

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:30 pm

I've got it. Thanks.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Minus 2. We won't make it. We are off to Guad for fingerprinting for Permanente.

We will go on Wednesday, to celebrate. Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by camillenparadise Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:48 am

Yes, a total of 7 please.

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks Camillenparadise - see you Tuesday!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down