INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill

+18
windrider17
hkrause
mwool
SunFan
Sunnyvmx
DaveP
joyfull
LaChula
IslandGirl
camillenparadise
cosalamx
Zedinmexico
Jim W
RoofBob
slainte39
zenwoodle
CanuckBob
simpsca
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill Empty SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:46 am

Some of you may know that Augustin of Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala has not been well and hasn't been in the restaurant.  He and his staff need all the support from the community they can get.  So please consider coming out for lunch or dinner.  Before he became ill he renovated the building next door where he has a new kitchen and additional restaurant seating - and runs some of his charity activities such as feed the poor in San Juan Cosala.  So please stop by the restaurant, he is not well enough to be there now, but I know he will appreciate the business.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill Empty Re: SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:06 am

Well it looks like we need another swarm.

What say everyone?????
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill Empty Re: SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:42 am

I'm in and can make the reservation.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Perfect. Let's wait for a few others to chime in then we can decide on a day. Gracias.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:22 pm

We're in for 2. Thursdays are best for us, but we are flexible Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Thumbs up  And another

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:11 pm

OK then, lets say Thursday, Aug. 22 at 1:00pm at Viva Mexico in SJC.

Everyone sound off so Simpsca can make a reservation.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Love that place, Augustin too. We're in.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Deb and I are in.......hot damn love a party!bounce bounce 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:05 pm

For folks who don't know Augustin is a Saint and I truly mean that.  He has taken kids off the street. Made himself broke feeding people
during the mud slide at the Racket Club. He feeds lots of people. He always has a smile and a greeting for all. Truly one of the best human
beings I have known. I am very upset he is ill.  Please help him folks he deserves it.  I don't hand out the best human being
comment easily but Augustin deserves it.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:For folks who don't know Augustin is a Saint and I truly mean that.  He has taken kids off the street. Made himself broke feeding people
during the mud slide at the Racket Club. He feeds lots of people. He always has a smile and a greeting for all. Truly one of the best human
beings I have known. I am very upset he is ill.  Please help him folks he deserves it.  I don't hand out the best human being
comment easily but Augustin deserves it.

Z
So Zed, since this a sign up for Swarm, are you joining us?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:53 pm

As far as I know, Viva Mexico is closed Thursdays.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by camillenparadise Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:01 pm

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Yes I was out all day - Viva Mexcio is closed Thursdays - the only day.  So... we have Friday Aug. 23, Monday Aug. 26, or Tuesday Aug. 27.  Do any of those days work for most people.

Yes he just remodeled his kitchen and out of the place next door operates a program to feed the poor of San Juan Cosala.  He gets help from the NOB community but every really poor family gets a package of dried food stuffs weekly.  And before Christmas we have a fashion show, sale and buffet were he donates all the proceeds, artisans donate 20% to give two chickens to each family in addition to the dried stuff for Christmas.  He also operates a used (or new) clothing bazaar free to town residents in need twice a year.  I just took a bunch of new baby packages provided by Hensley's group there to be distributed to mothers who don't have those luxuries.

So let me hear from you - next Friday, the following Monday, or Tuesday.  Could also be Wed.  But it is always closed on Thursday.  I'm in for any day and can make the reservation.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:36 pm

My preference would be Tuesday, Aug. 27th and that wud be for 2

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Shall we make it Tuesday? Anyone else want to weigh in?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Tuesday is fine with me.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:57 pm

We're a go.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Parties on Tuesday's are great...makes more room for parties Thursday thru Sat.

Deb and I are in
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:04 pm

OK - hands up for Tuesday Aug. 27 at Viva Mexico! I'm in and will take the headcount and make reservation.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Let me check our social calendar...............

We are good for Tuesday (or any other day)...Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:09 pm

The 20th or 27th???
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:19 pm

tues the 27 is good for me.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:34 pm

It can be the 20th or 27th. Does this coming Tues Aug 20 work for most everyone? I just spoke with him and he is starting to feel a little better but I doubt he will be back at work next week, at least I hope not. He does have a substitute chef and the staff are working their butts off.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:36 pm

vote for 27th! for 2

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next