INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill

+18
windrider17
hkrause
mwool
SunFan
Sunnyvmx
DaveP
joyfull
LaChula
IslandGirl
camillenparadise
cosalamx
Zedinmexico
Jim W
RoofBob
slainte39
zenwoodle
CanuckBob
simpsca
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill - Page 2 Empty Re: SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill

Post by IslandGirl Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:36 pm

vote for 27th! for 2

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill - Page 2 Empty Re: SWARM 16 - Please support Viva Mexico, Augustin the owner has been ill

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 pm

OK let's make it Aug. 27, Tues. I think we said 1pm? Anyone want to come out Aug. 20 PM me, I have no problem doing both.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:04 pm

The 27th is good for us. Carl comes back from Boston on the 26th. Put us down for 2
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:40 am

27th works for me. Put me down for 4.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 am

cosalamx wrote:As far as I know, Viva Mexico is closed Thursdays.
Well they used to be. Are they now?
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:48 am

Oh well: Looks like the 27th. Count one more
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnyvmx Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:10 am

The 27th is fine. Put me down for 2, I'm bringing a friend. We'll be coming by bus. I need directions.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lots of it

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:11 am

Sunnyvmx wrote:The 27th is fine.  Put me down for 2, I'm bringing a friend.  We'll be coming by bus.  I need directions.
I think the bus driver knows where SJC is.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:26 am

DaveP wrote:
cosalamx wrote:As far as I know, Viva Mexico is closed Thursdays.
Well they used to be. Are they now?
Dave yes they are closed Thursdays, we are going on Tuesday, Aug. 27
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:34 am

Simpsca, if one is taking the bus what street should they get off at?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:44 am

Put us down for two confirmed.

Thanks

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 am

The restaurant is near the corner of Vicente Guerrero which is where you get off the bus. There is a bright orange building on the corner on the lake side of the carraterra. Walk down that street toward the lake and make the first left on Porfirio Diaz. Second building on the left with the mural of his patrons on the front of the building.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 am

Jim W wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:For folks who don't know Augustin is a Saint and I truly mean that.  He has taken kids off the street. Made himself broke feeding people
during the mud slide at the Racket Club. He feeds lots of people. He always has a smile and a greeting for all. Truly one of the best human
beings I have known. I am very upset he is ill.  Please help him folks he deserves it.  I don't hand out the best human being
comment easily but Augustin deserves it.

Z
So Zed, since this a sign up for Swarm, are you joining us?
I am in Seattle still but can be there for the 27th. Make that two!

Two ways to get there on the bus. You can get out where the little buses turn around and walk up the street two or three blocks and it will be on the left.
Or you can get out of the bus on the Carraterra where the big antennae array is right next to carraterra and walk down the street toward the lake and turn
right at the plaza. Viva will be on the right two blocks down on the right.  

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by mwool Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:05 am

Sounds great.
Please count us in for 3.
mwool
mwool

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:42 am

Put us down for 2. One or both might be a little late... hubby has Spanish class that day. But we'll be there. Thanks!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:57 am

Holy Smokes!!!!!! This could turn out to be the biggest swarm yet. That would be muy awesome for Augustine. He is such a great guy and really deserves all the support he can get.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 am

This is one of the projects that Agustin is the heart and soul of
operationfeedsjc.squarespace.com Also very involved in the youth soccer program in SJC.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Yes, I contributed to the soccer uniform program so they are now outfitted to beat the Ajijic team at the next game between the two teams:) Here is a little info from the Operation Feed and clothing drive he operates so if you have any used clothing for men, women, or children you can bring them along to lunch. It only happens twice a year but there is a lot of sorting going on all year and the next distribution of clothing is November. The food is distributed once a week:

In prior years Operation Feed held a clothing drive once a year, but it was such a success and the need so great, that the volunteers have decided to hold it twice a year (2013 Board Goal). The clothing drives will be held in late May and early November; exact dates will be announced soon. Clothes are contributed by our donors all year long and are sorted, catalogued and stored in the St. Louis building, immediately next door to Viva Mexico Restaurant in San Juan Cosala. Operation Feed families are then invited 10 at a time, to come in and choose clothing. We always have a high demand for all sorts of children’s clothing and shoes, but also need clothing for the entire family.

We also need wheelchairs, walkers and can use any medical or home care aids.

Perhaps you can ask friends and family members to help out also. Know anyone driving NOB (north of the Border) who would have time to pick up some items for the clothing drive? By visiting yard sales, Goodwill and Salvation Army stores, great bargains are always available. Have your grandchildren outgrown some of their clothing? Bring them back with you; we promise they will be greatly appreciated by the impoverished families in San Juan Cosala.

If you plan to cross the Mexican border with a lot of clothes, Operation Feed can provide you with a letter stating the clothes are for donation to the charity Operation Feed.

Cheryl Kennedy and Cindy Peters Zeier are co-Chairing the clothing drive for 2013. They are happy to answer any questions you may have and can arrange pick-up of your donations. Contact information is below.

From all of us involved in this project, we appreciate your considering this very worthwhile cause.

e-mail us at operationfeedsjc@gmail.com
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gringoman Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Add 2 more

gringoman

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:15 pm

count Barbi Cheesecake for 4
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by camillenparadise Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:35 pm

WooHoo!!! Looks like a huge turnout! We are three, alrady registered, but happy to pickup peeps between Ixtlahuacan and Ajijic

camillenparadise

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:05 am

We'll be heading for the Swarm along the Carraterra from Chula Vista (S.A.T.). Have room for 2 or 3  more swarmers if anyone could use a ride PM me.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by La Dueña51 Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:15 am

Tuesday, 27th @ what time?

La Dueña51

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:17 am

I believe 1:00pm.

Is that correct, Simpsca?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Yes, 1pm on Tuesday, Aug, 27.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by La Dueña51 Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:06 am

See you on Tuesday @ 1pm @ Viva Mexico! Is the plan, also, to have a "collection" amongst diners for the medical fund? Am hoping to bring a van load, so want to give folks a "heads up" before we arrive. Thanks!

La Dueña51

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next