INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexican mortgage or private investor?

3 posters

Go down

Mexican mortgage or private investor? Empty Mexican mortgage or private investor?

Post by angela04101 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

I know that many/most expat homeowners Lakeside were fortunate to be able to purchase their homes here for cash. Anybody out there take on a Mexican mortgage - or finance a real estate purchase via private investor? I've researched this as to how it works, etc., but I'd be interested in hearing from anybody who has done this, what has been your experience, any recommendations, steer-clear advice, tips, etc.? Much appreciated!

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Mexican mortgage or private investor? Empty Re: Mexican mortgage or private investor?

Post by Jim W Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:58 pm

I've seen private money available in GDL reporter and Lake magazine.....@ 10 %.that would consider carrying Depending on your situation, I know some low end home owners that might carry a note @ 8-10 % over 5 - 10 years, with 40-50% down. GOOD LUCK.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Mexican mortgage or private investor? Empty Re: Mexican mortgage or private investor?

Post by angela04101 Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks, Jim W, those terms are better than what I'm finding, and they're what I can afford; I'm trying to finance a particular (new) house and I am negotiating with the builder/seller at the moment. Just curious about what others' experience has been.

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:28 pm

Private lenders locally lend at 10-12% with 3 year terms but a few have been burned and are waiting. One local arranger charges a 5% loan fee for himself apart from the other customary closing costs.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down