INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

+26
espíritu del lago
Zedinmexico
Parker
conbtrarian
Ms Mac
E-raq
ferret
kipissippi
Trailrunner
Jim W
Carry Bean
hockables
hound dog
joec
gringal
camillenparadise
MyHomeSweetHome
seisdedos
Axixic
angela04101
CheenaGringo
Hensley
viajero
lucky
CanuckBob
johninajijic
30 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside - Page 3 Empty Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by Ms Mac Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Is this supposed to be a serious conversation? razberry

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside - Page 3 Empty Re: Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside

Post by gringal Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 pm

When you were all kids, was somebody usually picked out and teased about having "cooties"? Sure they were. razberry

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:46 pm

joec wrote:
kipissippi wrote:ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Go ahead and laugh. You won't when you get home aand get them a few weeks later.

Come on John... you're talking through your navel again. Please show us the research for your claims. I work with a dog rescue and foster ...a bunch. Never had a problem and have never heard of anyone else who ever has. Most dogs probably have fewer worms than you do, because they get wormed regularly.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 pm

kipissippi wrote:
joec wrote:

Go ahead and laugh. You won't when you get home aand get them a few weeks later.

Come on John... Most dogs probably have fewer worms than you do
And fewer cooties too.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:15 pm

And they behave better in company, as well. Rolling Eyes

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Yup... and the list just goes on and on and on....
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

kipissippi wrote:
joec wrote:

Come on John... you're talking through your navel again. Please show us the research for your claims. I work with a dog rescue and foster ...a bunch. Never had a problem and have never heard of anyone else who ever has. Most dogs probably have fewer worms than you do, because they get wormed regularly.

Heard it from a medical Professional, of which NONE of you are.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Dr. Oz? Shocked

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:36 pm

OMG!!!!!!! NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Ms Mac wrote:Dr. Oz? Shocked

Nah probably more like "the Wizard of.."
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Forget parasites and dander.
Focus on the fangs.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 4.7 million dog bites occur in the U.S. each year.
That's the bad news.
The good news is that the vast majority of dogs bite their owners.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:03 pm

I have owned so many dogs over the years. They all had sweet dispositions. I wouldn't have one that didn't.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:05 pm

The problem here isn't dogs. It's dog owners.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 pm

conbtrarian wrote:The problem here isn't dogs. It's dog owners.

Welcome back, contrarian....Bruno issue still open for discussion..... Shit stirring Devil in me made me go there..... Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Then discuss it among yourselves.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:47 pm

LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:24 am

I’m sorry folks and I have loved all my animals (seven dogs at one time) but I would have never expected other to accept them in the same manner. (Trained help or protection dogs would be exceptions) If your animals can’t spend a few hours alone you have not given them the training they need and I believe it’s more about self-attention than the animals concern. Walk your animals, give them attention and I can assure they’ll appreciate a little sleep-time.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 am

conbtrarian wrote:Forget parasites and dander.
Focus on the fangs.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 4.7 million dog bites occur in the U.S. each year.
That's the bad news.
The good news is that the vast majority of dogs bite their owners.

Actually cars are probably much more dangerous than dogs. 40,000 are killed and 300,000 are injured each year.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:08 am

That's true. Cars are dangerous. That's why most people park their cars outside a restaurant rather than inside it. They should do the same with their dogs.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:39 am

conbtrarian wrote:That's true. Cars are dangerous. That's why most people park their cars outside a restaurant rather than inside it. They should do the same with their dogs.

Yep, leave your damn dog at home. If you can't part with him for 2 hours while you eat out, stay home with him.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 am

What about a person who’s allergic to animals can’t complain and get them kicked out of a restaurant. How is that any different than a smoker who who is not by law not allowed to smoke in a restaurant?

Allergic reaction seems to be at the end of the lists of reasons to not let people bring animals to restaurants, By law you should you should be able to ask the owner and their animal to remove themselves when allergic reactions appear.

A patron could have a severe asthma attack and then what? Death? I may be sounding overly dramatic, I just want people to see that while their cutesy little pup is adorable in their eyes, there are many too many people suffering from allergies and asthma that can be easily triggered when that animal is in a restaurant.

I know one man who is severely allergic to dogs, to the point where very limited exposure causes hives, facial swelling.

Dog Friendly Restaurants at Lakeside - Page 3 661816

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:58 am

"I may be sounding overly dramatic"

Uh....ya'think?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 am

PS.. I have 5 dogs, two cats and 2 horses and a herd of goats. But I do not take them to restaurants.

Why wouldn't people who abhor smokers due to health reasons not show the same respect to people who have medical issues with animals?

It is a legitimate question. that deserves an answer. If a smoker is regulated by law, why can't the health of restaurant patrons with allergies be regulated by law? Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 am

espíritu del lago wrote:PS.. I have 5 dogs, two cats and 2 horses and a herd of goats. But I do not take them to restaurants.

Why wouldn't people who abhor smokers due to health reasons not show the same respect to people who have medical issues with animals?

It is a legitimate question. that deserves an answer. If a smoker is regulated by law, why can't the health of restaurant patrons with allergies be regulated by law? Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

Couldn't agree more. I smoke, however only outside where permitted, and always ask neighboring tables if they mind, even if it is designated as a smoking area.
As for the dog, he only goes outside, and is extremely well behaved, however if by chance someone was allergic to dogs we would gladly take him home, or one of us would walk him away from the person with allergies while the other one ate. He does NOT sit on chairs, and just stays under the table until we are ready to leave.

Having said that everyone who has met our dog loves him, but allergies are a definite possibility, so one must be prepared.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 am

Here in Austin TX they are banning smoking on patios. The argument is it is not fair to non smoking patrons who want to sit outside. The drift...
edited to add:

Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS)
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 am

It is a legitimate question. that deserves an answer. If a smoker is regulated by law, why can't the health of restaurant patrons with allergies be regulated by law?

No takers??
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next