INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobster

+11
mattoleriver
zenwoodle
ferret
ComputerGuy
E-raq
Walter
barbicheesecake
Zedinmexico
sparks
johninajijic
SunsetKid
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lobster - Page 3 Empty Re: Lobster

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:22 pm

johninajijic wrote:The Occidental hotel chain HAS earned its quality reputation the world over. Maybe you don't know that they are everywhere, not just in Mexico.

Can the Barcelo Hotel chain claim to be worldwide and quality too?

Yes, we had two very different experiences and when they don't treat handicapped guests with respect, I wash my hands of them. Good riddance to bad rubbish. There is NO character to that hotel. Take off your rose colored glasses.

I am currently among the handicapped. I got treated with respect, what was your problem?

Yes the Barcelo chain is worldwide, which you would know if you had looked.

It may not be on the same level as some chains, but for the price it is a very good deal.

E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lobster - Page 3 Empty Re: Lobster

Post by E-raq Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:E-raq:

Are you enjoying beating your head against the wall attempting to use logic? We happen to agree about older hotels with character and a class that cannot be achieved without history and taste. Just out of curiosity, I went and looked at photos of the Occidental (post rehab) and it certainly wouldn't be high on our list with its gaudy features that don't speak one bit to Mexico. I would put CasAntica in Oaxaca up for comparison any day. Certainly the building had a history since it was a convent back in the 16th century but I defy one to find a shortcoming due to its history.

It was unfair of you to use hotel examples where John has never been. Heck, he is still voicing opinions about current day San Miguel de Allende based upon an eight year old experience!

I speak for myself but this playing of the handicap card is getting really old!

Oh dear, so sorry, I was under the impression that John was a seasoned world traveler, and was accustomed to only the most prestigious hotels.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3