INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF EXPATS IN EACH OF OUR COMMUNITIES - HELP ASAP

+8
joec
David
CheenaGringo
Flamingo
Jim W
viajero
DonPito
Humbleclectic
12 posters

Go down

NEED THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF EXPATS IN EACH OF OUR COMMUNITIES - HELP ASAP Empty NEED THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF EXPATS IN EACH OF OUR COMMUNITIES - HELP ASAP

Post by Humbleclectic Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:32 pm

WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO DETERMINE THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF FULL TIME RESIDENTS AND SEASONAL RESIDENTS IN CHAPALA, AJIJIC AND COMMUNITIES IN WHICH THE CHAPALA POLICE ARE CHARGED WITH. I NEED THE INFO AS I AM HELPING THEM WITH APPLICATION FOR STATE FUNDING FOR THE POLICE FORCE. I HAVE EMAILS INTO US EMBASSY/CONSULATE. HAS ANYONE RECENTLY HAD ACCESS TO THE NUMBERS VIA STUDY, ARTICLES POSTED, ETC.

THIS NUMBER DIRECTLY AFFECTS THE FUNDING THEY RECEIVE FROM JALISCO STATE, ANYONE?
Humbleclectic
Humbleclectic

Back to top Go down

NEED THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF EXPATS IN EACH OF OUR COMMUNITIES - HELP ASAP Empty Re: NEED THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF EXPATS IN EACH OF OUR COMMUNITIES - HELP ASAP

Post by DonPito Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Here is the page for INEGI for Chapala:

http://www3.inegi.org.mx/sistemas/mexicocifras/default.aspx?e=14

INEGI doesn't have all specific statistics for the municipality of Chapala, but interpolating their 2010 data, the Chapala municipality now has a total population of about 52,000. Using the figure of 13.08% foreign born residents in the state of Jalisco, that would result in about 6800 foreign born residents of Chapala.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

NEED THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF EXPATS IN EACH OF OUR COMMUNITIES - HELP ASAP Empty Re: NEED THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF EXPATS IN EACH OF OUR COMMUNITIES - HELP ASAP

Post by viajero Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Humbleclectic wrote:WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO DETERMINE THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF FULL TIME RESIDENTS AND SEASONAL RESIDENTS IN CHAPALA, AJIJIC AND COMMUNITIES IN WHICH THE CHAPALA POLICE ARE CHARGED WITH. I NEED THE INFO AS I AM HELPING THEM WITH APPLICATION FOR STATE FUNDING FOR THE POLICE FORCE. I HAVE EMAILS INTO US EMBASSY/CONSULATE. HAS ANYONE RECENTLY HAD ACCESS TO THE NUMBERS VIA STUDY, ARTICLES POSTED, ETC.

THIS NUMBER DIRECTLY AFFECTS THE FUNDING THEY RECEIVE FROM JALISCO STATE, ANYONE?
Why would the number of expats,as opposed to the general population of the Chapala Municipality directly affect the funding they recieve from the state of Jalisco,just curious?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:56 pm

This whole thread is confusing! 13.08% of Guaqdalajara residents, being expats I doubt! Applying the same percentage to Lakeside does not work!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Did most folks answer the 2010 Census questions? We did when we lived in Jocotopec. I would think they could use those figures as a baseline.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Since the 2010 Census provides the only official figures that are not pure speculation, I would think those numbers would be the only ones they would be willing to accept? Now there is no question that there may be a seasonal adjustment for the snowbirds but where would one even presume to compile those numbers from?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Humbleclectic Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:47 pm

We already have the number of local Mexican residents, need the numbers that add to the population full time/seasonal. Americans/Canadians/Worldwide.
Good info so far..
Humbleclectic
Humbleclectic

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:38 pm

WHO needs the info? The gov't already has it. It's all been published in the census report. Go online and get it!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 am

Humbleclectic wrote:WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO DETERMINE THE APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF FULL TIME RESIDENTS AND SEASONAL RESIDENTS IN CHAPALA, AJIJIC AND COMMUNITIES IN WHICH THE CHAPALA POLICE ARE CHARGED WITH. I NEED THE INFO AS I AM HELPING THEM WITH APPLICATION FOR STATE FUNDING FOR THE POLICE FORCE. I HAVE EMAILS INTO US EMBASSY/CONSULATE. HAS ANYONE RECENTLY HAD ACCESS TO THE NUMBERS VIA STUDY, ARTICLES POSTED, ETC.

You won't get accurate info as they haven't done a Census in over 8 years. Further the people they send around don't know what they're doing and don't know how to ask questions or converse with only English speaking people. They are not bi lingual.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:23 am

Does use of the word "seasonal" imply all are foreigners? Does that make a difference? I'm full time. Does that make me a Mexican?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 am

A census was done 2 yrs past

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 am

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~rmccaa/ipums-global/mexico_ipums_dublin_workshop.pdf
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Humbleclectic Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 am

Chapala Police expects to receive proper funding from the State of Jalisco.

While they have the number of local residents, they need to know how the expat community numbers jump during seasonal visits. While we have the snowbirds, we also have the sunbirds, so the total number of residents is in flux. They also need micro-data on the seasonal number jumps within Chapala, Ajijic, Haciendas, Riberas, etc.

(INEGI has some micro-data from the 2010 Census) It is not so much the status ie; permanent/visitor, etc., think more on the planning toward protection of all residents during the number jump, as people arrive from all over the world.

I am sure they need the numbers that also come in on weekends and holidays from other communities.

Espiritu del lago, your posted link just gave me a another contact to gather factual information.
Humbleclectic
Humbleclectic

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks for doing this.

Humbleclectic wrote:Chapala Police expects to receive proper funding from the State of Jalisco.

While they have the number of local residents, they need to know how the expat community numbers jump during seasonal visits. While we have the snowbirds, we also have the sunbirds, so the total number of residents is in flux. They also need micro-data on the seasonal number jumps within Chapala, Ajijic, Haciendas, Riberas, etc.

(INEGI has some micro-data from the 2010 Census) It is not so much the status ie; permanent/visitor, etc., think more on the planning toward protection of all residents during the number jump, as people arrive from all over the world.

I am sure they need the numbers that also come in on weekends and holidays from other communities.

Espiritu del lago, your posted link just gave me a another contact to gather factual information.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 am

Your welcome HE.
Here is another one.
http://www.censo2010.org.mx/
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 am

Humbleclectic wrote:Chapala Police expects to receive proper funding from the State of Jalisco.

Well good luck on getting that information. Everyone has a guess but no one has factual data on the transient population.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 am

More numbers can be found in the following document:
http://www.inm.gob.mx/estadisticas/Estimacion_de_Poblacion/2009/ExtranjerosResMex.pdf

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down