INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling

+6
gringal
E-raq
MexicoPete
Parker
ferret
Lady Otter Latté
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling Empty Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 pm

http://mashable.com/2013/02/10/internet-trolls/
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling Empty Re: Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling

Post by ferret Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:44 pm

We're all capable of being trolls...ya just gotta have someone push the right button.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling Empty Re: Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling

Post by Parker Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 am

I believe we are all this thing called “Troll” from time to time. The part I don’t find acceptable is when another uses this verbiage to try and reject another from the group. In most cases most will find their identity and only contribute interesting tidbits to our social world.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:05 am

The reason I use my real name, is so that I can be put in my place when I act in an improper manner.

Now if I could only stop :)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 am

"The reason I use my real name, is so that I can be put in my place when I act in an improper manner." -- MexicoPete

Mr. Pete (or may I call you Mexico?), just wanted to say "Thanks for using your real name." Cool that your parents knew where you would end up living when they named you. A salute to Mr. and Mrs. Pete´s foresight. Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:21 am

I never say anything online I wouldn't say to somebody's face. However Some of them might have to be in shouting distance from my car for a quick getaway.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:45 am

A true troll, IMO, is a person who posts something for no other discernible reason than to get an argument started on the board.

He/she/it is usually a needy sort whose major purpose in life is to get attention: good or bad, makes little difference.

The political arena is troll heaven. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:10 am

It seems to me that the relatively few trolls on this forum mostly come from the extreme right,you know, tea party types.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Good "troll statement"
According to the article A troll is somebody that attacks
Thanks for giving us an example !

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Gotta give you that one, Sundown. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:12 pm

It wasn't an attack,just an observation.
BTW sundown,you talking about trolls is like the "burro hablando de orejas",in other words,laughable.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Viajero,
Continue to troll. You cannot cite a case that I attack. Incite maybe, but not attack!

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:31 pm

sundown wrote:Viajero,
Continue to troll. You cannot cite a case that I attack. Incite maybe, but not attack!

You're too funny!!
If you don't like getting "attacked" quit posting your phoney baloney,right wing,inciteful nonsense. Rolling Eyes

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:43 pm

viajero wrote:

You're too funny!!
If you don't like getting "attacked" quit posting your phoney baloney,right wing,inciteful nonsense. Rolling Eyes

Sundown don’t worry about viajero he’s probably the best troll we’ve had on this board. Ignore him or not it’s your choice.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 pm

My father was a farmer,
He always said "Gotta feed 'em good, if you want 'em to produce"

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Parker wrote:
viajero wrote:

You're too funny!!

Sundown don’t worry about viajero he’s probably the best troll we’ve had on this board. Ignore him or not it’s your choice.

Parker, sometimes you go beyond wack job....Chris is far from a Troll as you put it, and I am going to play golf now, so your following ridiculous posts may be adioused......put me on your foe list! Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling 850219
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Jim W wrote:
Parker wrote:
viajero wrote:

You're too funny!!

Parker, sometimes you go beyond wack job....Chris is far from a Troll as you put it, and I am going to play golf now, so your following ridiculous posts may be adioused......put me on your foe list! Interesting InfoGraphic on Web Trolls and Trolling 850219

What is your problem? Trolls create interest and diversity on some very mundane issues that would otherwise be ignored.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:17 pm

Urban Dictionary gives three definitions for Internet Troll:
1. A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others. The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer them.

2. An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

3. A person who feeds off the anger of others as he enrages them over the internet.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 pm

sundown wrote:My father was a farmer,
He always said "Gotta feed 'em good, if you want 'em to produce"

He must have starved you.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Urban Dictionary gives three definitions for Internet Troll:
1. A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others. The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer them.

2. An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

3. A person who feeds off the anger of others as he enrages them over the internet.

And how much of this other “bullshit” do you really believe, keep in mind you are only quoting “one” others opinion. Just because they put it down in writing doesn’t make it any more truthful.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Parker wrote:
Jim W wrote:
Parker wrote:
viajero wrote:

You're too funny!!

Parker, had a rough day on the golf course, managed to birdie the 12, 15, 16 th holes, and ya srill pissed me off, taking Hocks suggestion....smokin dope....or a dope smokin....LMAO Smokealot

What is your problem? Trolls create interest and diversity on some very mundane issues that would otherwise be ignored.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Urban Dictionary gives three definitions for Internet Troll:

You forgot #4. A person who opens a thread about trolls.......

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Viajero, if you believe that to be the case, please see last sentence in definition 1.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:02 pm

No,I don't believe that to be the case,just having a little fun which I'm sure you can appreciate.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:12 pm

I sure can.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next