INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing mind reader reveals his gift

5 posters

Go down

Amazing mind reader reveals his gift Empty Amazing mind reader reveals his gift

Post by ferret Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:08 am

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Amazing mind reader reveals his gift Empty Re: Amazing mind reader reveals his gift

Post by gringal Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 am

Seen this one, and it is excellent reinforcement of my opinion about the total lack of privacy in our brave new world.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Amazing mind reader reveals his gift Empty Re: Amazing mind reader reveals his gift

Post by jrm30655 Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 am

gringal wrote:Seen this one, and it is excellent reinforcement of my opinion about the total lack of privacy in our brave new world.

You haven't seen anything yet. It gets worse daily.

When all this new immigration started, my lawyer wanted me to submit my financials and I refused. Once your info is in a computer, who knows who sees it or where it goes.

If you look at all the Swiss account mess, the Swiss didn't provide the info, it was an employee who copied the files and sold them to the other governments.

If I were making $75K ayear and knew that I could copy off a file in 20 minutes and sell it to the US IRS for $5MM, I know what I'd be doing for the next 20 minutes.

The only hope is to give as little info as possible in any situation.

I have to renew a passport this year and I know that my picture will be encoded and end up in a facial recognition file somewhere.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:23 pm

jrm:

While you may object to your photo being in a file somewhere, I could care less! Just yesterday, we passed through the brand new International Terminal in Las Vegas. The two of us went to the Immigration booth together and it took less than 30 seconds to be on our way. On the other hand, returning "Resident Aliens" were being sujected to a fingerprint scan (that was acting up) and then a retina scan. Unlike our last experience going through Las Vegas, going through Immigration and then Customs was the easiest and the most non-intrusive process I have experienced in 65 years of travel!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:37 pm

jrm30655 wrote:
I have to renew a passport this year and I know that my picture will be encoded and end up in a facial recognition file somewhere.
Why would that worry you?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down