INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk about money

+13
georgetoo
arbon
seisdedos
Trailrunner
viajero
casi nada
gringal
Intercasa
RoofBob
CanuckBob
Jim W
CheenaGringo
lucky
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's talk about money Empty Let's talk about money

Post by lucky Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 pm

With all the new rules in place now (presumably), i'm trying to figure out what my costs are going to be.

(1) If anybody has gotten their Permanente in the past couple of months, how much did it cost (for government fee, i mean, without the cost of a facilitator)?

(2) If you used a facilitator, how much additional did that cost?

(3) Once i become Permanente, then i have to nationalize my car. It's a 2004 Nissan Frontier and from what i'm reading, the nationalization itself at Aduana should cost about 23,000MX. Does that sound right?

(4) Apparently you have to use a broker to assist you in nationalizing the vehicle. How much does that cost?

(5) Once the vehicle is nationalized, you need to get Jalisco plates. Anybody know the cost on that?

(6) Also once the vehicle is nationalized, i will need to change from "tourist auto insurance" which i currently have to Mexican insurance. i currently pay about $370US for a year of full coverage on the Nissan. How much more does Mexican car insurance cost? (My insurance broker said they would apply the unused balance of the tourist coverage to the cost of the Mexican insurance.)

If you know the answer to any or all of these questions, i sure would appreciate your help. This is all going to have to happen within the next two months (my "FM3" expires on 17 June) and I'm trying to figure out how much cash i'm going to need.....and then where to get it!

Thanks for any help you can give me. And I sure don't expect exact figures, but any idea would help. (And, yes, i've done quite a bit of reading and searching online, but i'm currently undergoing daily radiation in Guad and the 3-1/2 to 4-hour round trip drive and treatment cuts into my time and, frankly, i'm exhausted when i get home. Yes, admittedly playing the "poor little me" card!) All I can promise is that when i get this stuff done, i'll keep you posted on how it went if you're interested!

Again, thanks!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about money Empty Re: Let's talk about money

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Lucky:

Won't even attempt to go into all of your questions but have you looked at your VIN number to determine the Country of Origin? If your VIN number on your Nissan starts with a J - you can forget about nationalizing.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat May 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Sorry, Neil, neglected to mentioned that my VIN starts with a 1 so definitely do-able here.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Lucky, I'd suggest you get the paperwork going ASAP if your docs expire the 17th of June.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Permanente is approx. $600 USD in govt. fees.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat May 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Jim: Because I have to drive back and forth to Guad five days a week for radiation until the end of May, I refuse to give up my "hard card" until i have to. Right now, i'm all legal and i don't want to take my chances with Guad Vialidad or police or federales by offering up only a photocopy of my "FM3."

Thanks, CB, for the estimated cost of the permanente. Substantially more than the 1400+ pesos i paid to renew my "FM3" last year, but do-able and maybe good for a long time!!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Well apparently the permanente is good "forever" (or until they change the rules again....jaja) so you will save in the long run.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat May 04, 2013 8:10 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well apparently the permanente is good "forever" (or until they change the rules again....jaja) so you will save in the long run.

yeah, that's why i qualified it by "a long time" not by "forever"!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Sat May 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Dang lucky, sorry to hear of your medical condition. We did that years ago and it's no fun. If you ever need a ride to the clinic or just some company for the round trip shoot us a PM and we'll be there.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat May 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks, Bob. i'm doing okay with the daily drive so far. Halfway through now! i can see the downhill coming.....but in the good sense!!!!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Government fees are a bit under $5,000 pesos for permanente as well as paying fees for translations of bank statements (if needed) by an official translator.

We charge $6,700 for permanente including government fees. Translations are extra as well as if we need to chauffeur you to Guadalajara to do fingerprints. We do everything and pick up the new card when ready.

As far as nationalizing, better to avoid it as I have seen more fraudulent documents than real ones.

There is a calculator to quote the federal nationalization fees, it may surprise you what the real, legal costs are http://paisano.prevalidadorcaaarem.org.mx/Cotizador/

Assuming you are one of the few who gets real ones, getting Jalisco plates runs close to $3,000 pesos plus someone to accompany you and translate as you will usually arrive at 9am and be there until 2pm or 3pm.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat May 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Spencer, i'm a "4" on my "FM3" card, so no financials needed. So is 6700MX your charge for doing the basics and paying INM? and i guess Chapala IMN is NOT doing the whole fingerprint, etc..thing?

Thanks!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Well... we don't know about Chapala. supposedly they will be making the determinations and then sending the files to Guadalajara. we are hopeful they will be able to fingerprint but as of now everybody has to go to Guadalajara.

Yes $6,700 would be everything, government and us, we do all paperwork and present it. Includes having an attorney or law student accompany you in Guadalajara and make the bank payment there and walk you through everything.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Using that link and starting with my VIN, my payment would be 3170 pesos. Now, that's what i would cost me in nationalization fees? That's way less than the 23000 pesos that somebody told me about! Or am i totally doing something wrong? I went with my VIN, then the type of vehicle and model and then the "invoice value" as of today IN DOLLARS, as it asked) $6,000US.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 pm

People get different results but generally expect to pay a few thousand USD and that is bringing your car there, so plan gas and tolls both ways.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat May 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Intercasa wrote:People get different results but generally expect to pay a few thousand USD and that is bringing your car there, so plan gas and tolls both ways.

Since i'm living in Joco, i'm expecting to bring my truck to Aduana at the Guad airport. Are you saying that this is what if it would cost me only if i drive my vehicle to the US border????

If that's the case, do you know what it would cost me to have it nationalized at the Aduana office at Guad Airport????

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 05, 2013 3:37 am

I don't think anybody at airport does it, then you run risk of a buddy of an amigo of a primo taking your $$$ and then down the line you get nothing or fake docs. Happens alot, I tell other attorneys, if you have a source, give them one at a time, money corrupts.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 05, 2013 9:44 am

Anybody dealt with Maurice, who's currently advertising in the Guadalajara Reporter that he'll solve your car problems for you?
TioCorp is also still advertising there, as of this issue.
Not my problem, but just curious. pirat

Second thing, and is everybody's problem: I heard yesterday from a restauranteur who is quoting someone claiming to have it on good authority that Permanente holders will be charged a yearly renewal fee.
Any truth at all to that well founded rumor??? Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Sun May 05, 2013 10:05 am

lucky wrote:

Using that link and starting with my VIN, my payment would be 3170 pesos. Now, that's what i would cost me in nationalization fees? That's way less than the 23000 pesos that somebody told me about! Or am i totally doing something wrong? I went with my VIN, then the type of vehicle and model and then the "invoice value" as of today IN DOLLARS, as it asked) $6,000US.

Using the site I get 32,000 pesos for a 1997 Toyota Corolla.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun May 05, 2013 10:23 am

casi nada wrote:

Using the site I get 32,000 pesos for a 1997 Toyota Corolla.

Well, one of us is definitely doing something wrong, eh? Or maybe both of us! Mine seems way too low and yours seems way too high!

Has anyone else used the link that Spencer sent?

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 05, 2013 11:06 am

I came up with 14452 pesos for a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 05, 2013 11:25 am

I would pay very close attention to what Spencer is trying to say. Read between the lines.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 05, 2013 11:33 am

Trailrunner wrote:I would pay very close attention to what Spencer is trying to say. Read between the lines.

Even the "lines" are a loud and clear warning. Whenever you have a number of people with an serious need, you'll find other people eager to solve the problem......at a price, and not necessarily a legal "solution".
There's the hard way and the apparently easy way. Watch out for the latter. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun May 05, 2013 11:49 am

There is a discussion on TOB started by JRM30655 about nationalizing at the airport in Guadalajara. So far, no evidence posted that someone has been able to do this successfully recently. It seems to me that people are grabbing any straw to avoid driving to the border and back? Probably will result in more stories of people being screwed and losing money?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun May 05, 2013 12:56 pm

CheenaGringo wrote: Probably will result in more stories of people being screwed and losing money?

And of course the blame will belong to Mexico/Mexicans for not facilitating this latest "entitlement".
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next