INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So for all you Gringo Mexicans... how do you define...

+8
brigitte
cane
slainte39
gvprod
seisdedos
viajero
gringomojado
Intercasa
12 posters

Go down

So for all you Gringo Mexicans... how do you define... Empty So for all you Gringo Mexicans... how do you define...

Post by Intercasa Sat May 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Fresas vs. Juniors vs. Hijos de Papi

Can all be one in the same but some are one or two but not all three. Pretty common here in the city and in some of the circles I run in. You guys heard of it? Interesting part of the upper class Mexican culture.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

So for all you Gringo Mexicans... how do you define... Empty Re: So for all you Gringo Mexicans... how do you define...

Post by gringomojado Sat May 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Well in my opinion, "Fresas are girls, something akin to Valley Girls or Mall Rats maybe. "Juniors" and "Hijos de Papi" are perhaps male counterparts. Maybe they could be called "FresOs"? All could be called spoiled brats.

Many times "Fresas" are wannabes, or social climbers, not really rich but trying to seem so. "Fresa" can be an attitude too.

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

So for all you Gringo Mexicans... how do you define... Empty Re: So for all you Gringo Mexicans... how do you define...

Post by viajero Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 am

They're all spoiled brats,just of different genders.
Gringmojado's right about fresa being an attitude as well.
It's definetely one of the the uglier traits of some of the "upper"class Mexicans.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun May 05, 2013 9:41 am

Fresa isn't gender specific. It is sort of the opposite of naco in certain aspects. Nor is it limited to economic status or age. Our board's beloved abogado shows a number of fresa characteristics.

A lot of juniors and hijos de papi can be arrogant little dicks but some are nice kids. Because they are better off financially shouldn't be the only criteria to judge them on.

seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 05, 2013 10:04 am

When I have heard the terms;fresa,junior or hijo de papi used they have'nt been used in a flattering way.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sun May 05, 2013 11:27 am

you forgot: POPIS, back in the 70's we called Los riquillos: POPIS
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 05, 2013 12:04 pm

viajero wrote:When I have heard the terms;fresa,junior or hijo de papi used they have'nt been used in a flattering way.

Nor me either...hardly ever used as flattery, even amongst friends. When someone asks me what that means in English, I usually say...."entitled Rolling Eyes "

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Better to be a fresa than naco although many buchones / buchonas think they are fresa
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Sun May 05, 2013 12:38 pm

slainte39 wrote:
viajero wrote:When I have heard the terms;fresa,junior or hijo de papi used they have'nt been used in a flattering way.

Nor me either...hardly ever used as flattery, even amongst friends. When someone asks me what that means in English, I usually say...."entitled Rolling Eyes "

or in British English "Titled".

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Intercasa wrote:Better to be a fresa than naco although many buchones / buchonas think they are fresa
I've seen fresas act like nacas.
I asked a friend about the term buchona,he told me that it was because narcos and their chicas like to drink Buchanan whiskey,quien sabe.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 06, 2013 1:47 am

In our family conversations, there are some nuanced differences in the terms. It would be interesting to see how this stacks up against other Spanish speaking families.
fresa: as seis says not gender specific but a male would be called a "chico
fresa". (no fresos)
juniors: sons of wealthy or influential families, and they work.
hijos de papi: "daddy's boy"...same as juniors, but they don't work.
buchanas: wives, novias, girl friends, daughters of narcos...Sinaloa slang

and don't forget the "presumidas".

As in the use of any derogatory words, it depends on who is saying it to whom, and the conditions at the time, in order to judge the "true" meaning.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 am

juniors and hojos de papi are part of the lucky sperm club in English..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conbtrarian Fri May 10, 2013 3:02 pm

hijos de papa (or papi) = spoiled rich guys who live off their parents.

conbtrarian

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 10, 2013 3:15 pm

conbtrarian wrote:hijos de papa (or papi) = spoiled rich guys who live off their parents.

What did I say? scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri May 10, 2013 4:01 pm

hijos de papi: "daddy's boy"...same as juniors, but they don't work.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Uh-huh

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by modeeper Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:10 am

Fresas are goodie goodie, juniors are children of the richies, hijo de madre or papi are doddy's/momie's boys/girls.

modeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:08 pm

soy fresa sin pena

according to frikipedia una fresa always has style :)

http://www.frikipedia.es/friki/Fresa_(tribu_urbana)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down