INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Every Thing There is a Season

+15
David
goatrope
cane
benjji
CanuckBob
bimini6
Mainecoons
martygraw
Lehrer
bobnliz
locogringo
Carry Bean
Peter
gringal
hound dog
19 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 6 Empty Re: To Every Thing There is a Season

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:22 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 6 Empty Re: To Every Thing There is a Season

Post by hound dog Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 pm

[quote="Lehrer"]
hound dog wrote:I apologize, Dawg -- Your verbiage is a labyrinth which I am incompetent to traverse. Could you simplify it for folks of limited intelligence like me?? What is your point?

Basta

Well, Lehrer, mi amigo; let me put it another way:

If you are a dirt farmer wanting to survive another day, possum beats dust kicked up on the back 40 with a mule and a plow for its nutritive value even without the gravy.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:48 am

hound dog wrote: When I am in Chiapas my heart bleeds for folks living there but the average Mexican in Jalisco considers them scum. Racism is alive and well here.

Not if you have been led to believe that "ALL Mexicans are of ONE RACE".

¿But then what are the choices, that you are left with?

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:18 am

¿But then what are the choices, that you are left with?

Faith, hope and charity, and a cerveza fría to ponder the the human condition!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:41 am

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:22 am

RE: The only work opportunity in Temecula was:

Dawg: Temecula bloomed with new construction in the nineties: The work opportunity was in the lovely city of Riverside and that's a form of residential hell we couldn't hack. Right now, I hear that all that new construction (and it was way over the top) is now blooming with foreclosure signs on the bare front yards. Tumbleweed rolls around the empty tracts and the wind whistles through broken windows.
Riverside County was hit harder than most.

Lehrer: Dawg's prose is not meant to be logical..........it's just background music for your possum stew dinner.
Beer Beer Beer Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Actually, Dawg's prose is of such a diverse nature that one could make the stew from it. Perhaps, you might add a little possum to give it some taste. The Dawg wrings so much use out of each overused word that they have been drained dry
of any discernible juices or flavor. :face: Lizzy To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 6 169387
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:32 pm

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:06 pm

I hadn't looked at it like that....
I think that for purposes of clarity, yes. Doomed, as you say.
The poetic side is there, but...
It's sort of like a band that bills iyself as "The Loudest Band in the West."

"Less is More." Basketball Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 pm

"to communication rational thought. "(Lehrer)

A definition which could exclude both Dawg's prose and poetry in general. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:06 pm

Enough
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:36 am

I think we can all agree on that. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:39 am

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:56 am

Ditto, everyone. HAVE A VERY MERRY!!! To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 6 169387 mariachi Y Prospero Año Nuevo. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:13 am

Pay them no mind, Dawg. They are simply jealous of your scintillating syntax.

Beer
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:21 am

xxx

Last edited by Lehrer on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:10 am

Dawgged droppings.

AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL.....A GOOD NIGHT! mariachi

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:37 am

Dawg finds it amazing that my thread posed on a passing thought both meant to amuse readers and provoke thoughtful discourse about the notion as to the continued viability of the LCS in its original incarnation, went to ten pages athough, admittedly, the conversation (litversation?) veered off course as is typical of forum threads but, while there has been no true serious addressing of the proposition extolled here; i.e., that the LCS was a useful conception of its time that has outlived its initial charter and if it is to be spared inglorious dissolution without having been remembered as having significantly served the community it was meant to serve which was the no-longer-existent Ajijic comprised of adventurous artists, intellectuals and drug addicts and alcoholics of the 1940s willing to live in what we would now consider primitive conditions in an isolated lakeside environment in which, in those days, the casual approach to law and order was considered an attraction but now we have the problem that what was originally considered, and rightly so, an asset has become a liability that is dragging the LCS to the mud of its own destruction unless people wake up and change radically the course of the anachronistic enterprise which has become the insular club of a clique of those who still think in the past and will drive it into the ground. It´s the incredibly generous gift of Ms. James that, over time has become the organization´s curse. That real estate. So, only 4% of the membership of the LCS bothered to vote on the new constitution. Clearly an organization that is becoming moribund except for the daily coffeeklatch and old goobers sitting at the information desk pretending to be knowledgable in matters incomprehensible to them. Who really cares because times have changed and what was no longer is but at least it keeps the blood flowing. The corpse is getting tepid and will soon be cold. It´s unfortunate because there are assets, both tangible and intangible, there that could serve the Ajijic of the 21st Century if the leadership could get its nose out of the past.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:59 am

Prizes for persons putting into practice the princely pursuit of the practical pun? Priceless! Lizzy

AND A mariachi MERRY MARIACHI mariachi TO YOU, TOO!

bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:04 pm

The usual disclaimer: I'm a dues paying member, but am not involved in any other way with LCS.

So, Dawg the Critic: 4% voted, yes. Some say that's because the current board has been doing such a fine job and that positive changes have been made......so the turnout vote reflected "customer satisfaction".
Others say it was apathy. It was a done deal, so why bother voting?
IMO, the low turnout proved nothing at all. The last General Election was bursting at the seams with voters, but it was rife with hot issues.

You speak of the LCS as though it should be doing something other than what is being done. So, what changes would you make, if you were emperor of the LCS with unlimited power? Right now, you're sounding like a one man Party of NO.

You have never answered the question I originally posed, dawg: what got you so pissed off at LCS? I'll wager you haven't put your feet on the grounds in recent memory, are not a paying member and are just looking for something to criticize............at cumbersome length. So, instead of an essay, how about a straight answer?

Dead Horse

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Bravo, G-gal; succinct as always. I second the motion. lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:24 pm

hound dog wrote:Dawg finds it amazing that my thread posed on a passing thought both meant to amuse readers and provoke thoughtful discourse about the notion as to the continued viability of the LCS in its original incarnation, went to ten pages athough, admittedly, the conversation (litversation?) veered off course as is typical of forum threads but, while there has been no true serious addressing of the proposition extolled here; i.e., that the LCS was a useful conception of its time that has outlived its initial charter and if it is to be spared inglorious dissolution without having been remembered as having significantly served the community it was meant to serve which was the no-longer-existent Ajijic comprised of adventurous artists, intellectuals and drug addicts and alcoholics of the 1940s willing to live in what we would now consider primitive conditions in an isolated lakeside environment in which, in those days, the casual approach to law and order was considered an attraction but now we have the problem that what was originally considered, and rightly so, an asset has become a liability that is dragging the LCS to the mud of its own destruction unless people wake up and change radically the course of the anachronistic enterprise which has become the insular club of a clique of those who still think in the past and will drive it into the ground. It´s the incredibly generous gift of Ms. James that, over time has become the organization´s curse. That real estate. So, only 4% of the membership of the LCS bothered to vote on the new constitution. Clearly an organization that is becoming moribund except for the daily coffeeklatch and old goobers sitting at the information desk pretending to be knowledgable in matters incomprehensible to them. Who really cares because times have changed and what was no longer is but at least it keeps the blood flowing. The corpse is getting tepid and will soon be cold. It´s unfortunate because there are assets, both tangible and intangible, there that could serve the Ajijic of the 21st Century if the leadership could get its nose out of the past.

Next time how about inviting us over for the bean supper and not just for the music that follows?

mariachi
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:17 pm

gringal wrote: You have never answered the question I originally posed, dawg: what got you so pissed off at LCS? I'll wager you haven't put your feet on the grounds in recent memory, are not a paying member and are just looking for something to criticize............at cumbersome length. So, instead of an essay, how about a straight answer?

Dead Horse

There was common public knowledge about what happened to members that bought health insurance through LCS,...... Bubba had cataract surgery.

At this time it seems there is common knowledge that high blood pressure is a preexisting condition at IMSS, and a rooster is needed to get hens to lay eggs.

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:18 pm

cane wrote:
gringal wrote: You have never answered the question I originally posed, dawg: what got you so pissed off at LCS? I'll wager you haven't put your feet on the grounds in recent memory, are not a paying member and are just looking for something to criticize............at cumbersome length. So, instead of an essay, how about a straight answer?

Dead Horse

There was common public knowledge about what happened to members that bought health insurance through LCS,...... Bubba had cataract surgery.

At this time it seems there is common knowledge that high blood pressure is a preexisting condition at IMSS, and a rooster is needed to get hens to lay eggs.

A clever if somewhat puzzling response, Cane. The dishonorable clown selling New York Life/Seguros Monterrey Health insurance at the irresponsible LCS in 2001 when Dawg moved here was sanctioned by that disreputable organization but that is not the reason for my continued irritation since those Junebugs are now all gone and, presumably, if still alive, sitting out at the old folk´s home anticipating the next miniscule bowl of inedible pablum to see them though the night while whimpering inanities and crying, "Nurse, I said nurse! Where is my bedpan!" . . Dawg is not a member of IMSS as Dawg is not sufficiently poverty stricken to entrust his ass to butchers who cannot afford to sharpen their knives but I´ll tell you this; a hen does not need a cock to lay an egg - only to fertilize the damn thing. Same with humans.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:32 pm

that is not the reason for my continued irritation

So what IS your problem with an organization of which you are not a member?

The extent of the poison verbiage regarding a harmless purveyor of various services used by over 3000 members indicates a real grudge. So, what is it?

To Every Thing There is a Season - Page 6 633732

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah, zactly. Sorry to disappoint, it isn't going away. It was moribund, the new bunch is really changing that. We are members, we like it and we support Howard & company. I just don't understand why non-members who are convinced it is irrelevant, moribund, delinquent, whatever, constantly attack an organization of which they are not members, which does not cost them a centavo, and which does not interfere with them in any way. Try live and let live.

Dead Horse
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next