INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA

+14
SunshineyDay
hkrause
mattoleriver
Zedinmexico
viajero
CanuckBob
simpsca
Flamingo
SunFan
CheenaGringo
espíritu del lago
Lady Otter Latté
RoofBob
Jim W
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA Empty HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Miss seeing you and the banter. We are in Gig Harbor Washington today, overlooking Puget Sound, and it is FREAKING cold, 48 degrees, and I might add, I get funny looks wearing shorts(all I have). Been out of Mexico for 3 weeks, and must admit, hate it here, with NOB politics, and the rules....no speeding, can't drive the wrong way on a one way street, really sucks! I will probably lose my DL soon.....every ticket jacks yer rate up......I am already in deep shit....3 tickets, rolling stop, no seat belt, talking on cell phone........estimated if I don't lose my license auto ins rate $1500.00 per 6 months! Judge Judy will kill me.....LMAO!

Talk Soon,

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA Empty Re: HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA

Post by RoofBob Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Hurry back Jim, maybe you can beat your wanted poster.  Rolling Eyes
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:46 pm

LOL! We miss you too Jim. Call if you need bail money and we will take up a collection -- although some may contribute to keep you locked up.
I hear those NOB laws are really laws and not suggestions. They actually expect cars to go only one way on one-way streets? Barbarians! How do people get around up there?
flag waver 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:48 pm

By driving in bike lanes and on the sidewalks:shock:
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:01 pm

From a recent experience in the Puget Sound area this past August, Jim is amongst some of the rudest and most inconsiderate drivers I have experienced in recent years! Apparently, Washingtonian drivers have been allocated the responsibility to slow down any one exceeding the posted speed limits by plugging along on the fast lane at the exact speed limit. After all, it is their State and citizen responsibility is a big deal. Would I ever like to see them use the same tactics on the highways around Guadalajara!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Well that explains why I keep getting your voicemail in Arizona!!!!

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:22 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:From a recent experience in the Puget Sound area this past August, Jim is amongst some of the rudest and most inconsiderate drivers I have experienced in recent years!  Apparently, Washingtonian drivers have been  allocated the responsibility to slow down any one exceeding the posted speed limits by plugging along on the fast lane at the exact speed limit.  After all, it is their State and citizen responsibility is a big deal.  Would I ever like to see them use the same tactics on the highways around Guadalajara!
Jeez Neil, I blended right in.......drove 66 in a 65, fast lane.......pissed everyone off.....funny thing, no one got pissed because there was 50 feet open in front of me.....LOL
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:57 pm

You mean they actually pay attention to the speed suggestions? How odd..
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:35 am

Jim, better come home soon before they throw you in the clinker. Very Happy 

And as for the 48 degrees - break down and buy a pair of long pants before they arrest you for public indecency in cold weather!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:09 am

Jim, I saw your cockatoo "C2" at the zoo yesterday. They have her in a huge exhibit cage in the general section. I called her and she came right over to me to get her head scratched. She looks really good and seems quite happy.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:30 am

Slight change of topic but same subject. I saw a first Lakeside this week. I was in Angelicas eating some delicious pasta and a couple came in with an exotic bird on his arm and a basket of paper. They sat the basket down on a chair and both sat next to him. He sat on the handle of the basket and some times tore up some paper. Then I watched while the owners handed him long bits of pasta to eat - which he did. He tried to get on the table but they stopped him. When he was tired of the pasta he dropped it in the basket. This is a first - never saw someone take their exotic bird out to lunch before!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:47 am

Jim W wrote:   Been out of Mexico for 3 weeks, and must admit, hate it here, with NOB politics, and the rules....no speeding, can't drive the wrong way on a one way street, really sucks!  I will probably lose my DL soon.....every ticket jacks yer rate up......I am already in deep shit....3 tickets, rolling stop, no seat belt, talking on cell phone........estimated if I don't lose my license auto ins rate $1500.00 per 6 months!   Judge Judy will kill me.....LMAO!

Talk Soon,

Jim W
Too bad those traffic stops couldn't have been taken care of the Mexican way.
Take care Jim.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:52 am

CheenaGringo wrote:From a recent experience in the Puget Sound area this past August, Jim is amongst some of the rudest and most inconsiderate drivers I have experienced in recent years!  Apparently, Washingtonian drivers have been  allocated the responsibility to slow down any one exceeding the posted speed limits by plugging along on the fast lane at the exact speed limit.  After all, it is their State and citizen responsibility is a big deal.  Would I ever like to see them use the same tactics on the highways around Guadalajara!
CG was an Oregonian which has no money for state police.  Washington had the Washington Revenue patrol and lots and lots of cars. In Oregon one speeds 80 on I5. As soon as
you hit Washington you slow down the speed limit plus 4.  Nothing new here. That why people drive the speed limit in Washington. In evidence there are 537 Oregon troopers and
1080 Washington troopers. Drive the speed limit in Washington or you will get a ticket sooner or later. I have driven from Eugene to Cali border many times and never seen a cop
of anykind in Oregon unless they were doing a special sweep.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:12 am

Yes and one of the most "anal" things I have ever seen in my life is I84 through eastern Oregon being posted at 65 mph! I am a die hard "cruise control" driver and I typically set at 5 to 10 over or whatever gets me to the 75 to 80 mph range. Zed, I also lived in WA and am quite familiar with WSP.

If enforcement in WA is such a great deal - why does one see so many single drivers driving in the HOV lanes in the greater Seattle area? Must be that they are special entitled people?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:58 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Yes and one of the most "anal" things I have ever seen in my life is I84 through eastern Oregon being posted at 65 mph!  I am a die hard "cruise control" driver and I typically set at 5 to 10 over or whatever gets me to the 75 to 80 mph range.  Zed, I also lived in WA and am quite familiar with WSP.

If enforcement in WA is such a great deal - why does one see so many single drivers driving in the HOV lanes in the greater Seattle area?  Must be that they are special entitled people?  
And they get tickets, it is done by photo so just cause you don't see anybody caught by cops they are being caught. It just comes in the mail.  Many are special people they are called rich.  Bill Gates in his younger days use to race from MS to the airport.  No tickets laugh out loud. My Mother neighbors kid goes to high school in a two year old V8 BMW. Yep Bellevue area very wealthy and yes they will run you over in the crosswalks and blame you. It happened to me. Cars rule in Eastside. It is shocking. Worse than crossing the carraterra here.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Zedinmexico wrote: I have driven from Eugene to Cali border many times and never seen a cop
of anykind in Oregon unless they were doing a special sweep.
Z
The thing to be aware of is unmarked Mustangs. I was riding with a friend when she got pulled over by a bright yellow one. A year or so later I saw a silver one with somebody pulled over in nearly the same spot.

George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Zed:

Hate to burst your bubble re: the theories of driving but I happen to know that I am neither rich nor special. Out of consideration for other drivers, I would never take up space in a HOV lane when I wasn't qualified to use such! Yes I tend to drive a bit over the speed limits but have never had a "moving violation" or an accident in over 30 years. In fact, I haven't even carried on an intimate conversation with a NOB police officer during that period. Don't have to when you do not get pulled over!

Any luck learning how to drive to Tonala?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:51 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:

Hate to burst your bubble re: the theories of driving but I happen to know that I am neither rich nor special.  Out of consideration for other drivers, I would never take up space in a HOV lane when I wasn't qualified to use such!  Yes I tend to drive a bit over the speed limits but have never had a "moving violation" or an accident in over 30 years.  In fact, I haven't even carried on an intimate conversation with a NOB police officer during that period.  Don't have to when you do not get pulled over!

Any luck learning how to drive to Tonala?
Well I have not had any tickets or accidents in 42 years so what?

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Zed:
It must be the sandals and beige socks?

Besides, what would one expect from someone who performs in a politically correct manner at all times?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:03 pm

simpsca wrote:Slight change of topic but same subject. I saw a first Lakeside this week. I was in Angelicas eating some delicious pasta and a couple came in with an exotic bird on his arm and a basket of paper. They sat the basket down on a chair and both sat next to him. He sat on the handle of the basket and some times tore up some paper. Then I watched while the owners handed him long bits of pasta to eat - which he did.  He tried to get on the table but they stopped him. When he was tired of the pasta he dropped it in the basket. This is a first - never saw someone take their exotic bird out to lunch before!
Was it a gray parrot? If so, we ran into him and his humans at Marios not long ago. Very polite bird... munched quietly on tortilla chips. We enjoyed watching, and thought about how impossible that would be NOB.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:21 am

Yes that was him - gray parrot and very polite. I really enjoyed watching him.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:11 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:
It must be the sandals and beige socks?

Besides, what would one expect from someone who performs in a politically correct manner at all times?
And you always act in a unpolitically correct manner. Mostly you are rude.  You are the only person I have ever had to delete posts in Tech. Twice in fact. You accused us moderators of deleting your account and you were not nice about it. In fact you were rude and abusive. We never deleted your account.  You were wrong. You are wrong quite often. On to the foe list.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 am

I believe the parrot's name is Pancho Villa. Very well behaved. We met him about 2 years ago. Haven't seen them out and about recently.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:00 am

For the record: I have never accused a moderator of deleting my account!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:36 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:For the record: I have never accused a moderator of deleting my account!
Somebody deleted your post on the aljibe repair. Why??

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next