INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA

+14
SunshineyDay
hkrause
mattoleriver
Zedinmexico
viajero
CanuckBob
simpsca
Flamingo
SunFan
CheenaGringo
espíritu del lago
Lady Otter Latté
RoofBob
Jim W
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA - Page 2 Empty Re: HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA

Post by slainte39 Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:36 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:For the record: I have never accused a moderator of deleting my account!
Somebody deleted your post on the aljibe repair. Why??

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA - Page 2 Empty Re: HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:19 pm

"Somebody deleted your post on the aljibe repair. Why??"

Not deleted, it is just that there are two threads on this same topic.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:40 pm

SunshineyDay wrote:I believe the parrot's name is Pancho Villa. Very well behaved. We met him about 2 years ago. Haven't seen them out and about recently.
Great name for a parrot. They told me he is very intelligent and a hand full. Sorry for the bird diversion.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:02 pm

I had 7 parrots i South Florida 4 macaws , a blue front amazon an African ( same bird as the one you saw ....nice couple) and a cockatoo
4 for 20 years ....cat food , my Amazon went everywhere with me ....bars ,flying ,cars , parties .....she loved it .....attention getting device

I miss my birdies
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:39 pm

What! Cat food? I'm sure he wanted pasta like Pancho had. I get the feeling that parrot gets whatever he wants.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:26 pm

loved spaghetti , chicken wings, french fries , oyster crackers .....got them all to finally eat their veggies by using "shaker" cheese
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Speaking of tickets. My husband got one in the mail yesterday (Sunday). Got caught on the Chapala Highway by one of those cameras. Cost of going 92 in an 80 zone...648pesos. Pay early and get 50% off. Paid 324p today. Everyone goes over, don't know how they got our photo. Oh well, it is a small price compared to what would happen in the states.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Memo to Jim W:

What is with the use of "my" versus "our"? No doubt I am different but I tend to think of Jim & Deb instead of just you!

Meanwhile you are missing out on one of the most interesting topics in a long time on TOB - toilet paper! One poster even suggested that she would rather drive to the Texas border to purchase one she liked rather than take a chance on a large package from Costco and not like it. Now this is a really important topic and maybe you can make your next million hauling high quality TP down from AZ when you next drive down? Another money making opportunity involves bringing down TP holders which would accept the new larger rolls. Apparently the cute giraffe TP holders are an insult to certain people's manliness!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Cheena, you beat me to it! Don´t foget the side discussion on toilet paper: are you a folder or a crumbler? It tells something about you--though they did not say what yet. Oh, and the proposed Great Ajijic Wipe Out contest to determine the best TP Lakeside. It is a hilarious thread.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 pm

The level of erudition on TOB is mind boggling to the less fortunate.
I much prefer the Bilbo Baggins lifestyle found on this board.
....namely...Smokealot  and   Beer

Or how about the "gang that can't shoot straight"...looking for a meat market?   Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:24 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Cheena, you beat me to it! Don´t foget the side discussion on toilet paper: are you a folder or a crumbler? It tells something about you--though they did not say what yet.
Probably how advanced the arthritis in your hands is.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 pm

"I much prefer the Bilbo Baggins lifestyle found on this board.
....namely...Smokealot  and Beer "

Slainte, you forgot HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS IN CHAPALA - Page 2 169387 

which I think really puts this board a cut above TOB.
And, you made me LOL with the meat market comment. I had forgotten about THAT discussion. I think the owner should change the name to Who´s On First Meat Center.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Cheena, you beat me to it! Don´t foget the side discussion on toilet paper: are you a folder or a crumbler? It tells something about you--though they did not say what yet. Oh, and the proposed Great Ajijic Wipe Out contest to determine the best TP Lakeside. It is a hilarious thread.
It's definitely Hall of Fame material,you can't make this stuff up.Very Happy

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:16 am

Well, all I can say is that ....
When the most popular topics on a popular board are lack of proper toilet paper, how you wipe your derriere, and a lost meat market that most people don't´patronize, we certainly have a different take of what constitutes a "failed state", "the sky is falling", "end of times", vision of Mexico a while back.
Murder and mayhem is still there and some of the more stalwart posters still around, but as some would say...their lenses have gotten rosier.  Rolling Eyes
Personally, I think it's an improvemnt.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:42 am

I am enjoying the respìte.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:21 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Jim, I saw your cockatoo "C2" at the zoo yesterday. They have her in a huge exhibit cage in the general section. I called her and she came right over to me to get her head scratched. She looks really good and seems quite happy.
!

KEWL, I haven't seen her in 6 months, as I always get emotional......ya me Jim W! We just hit Reno on the drive back to Casa Grande, staying @ Circus Circus, and it is a FREAKING CIRCUS! Took 1 hour to get our bags, after 10 hour drive......LMFAO....they still expect $10.00 tip though.

Once we get back to MX, will be making another ZOO run....draggin Gravy along, and anyone else that wants to join us! Miss ya all

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:31 pm

I be ready ..... squak
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Saw a big grey parrot once. It was eastbound on the Georgia St. viaduct in Vancouver doin about 40. Clipped wings outspread, this birdie was having a gas. This birdie was clinging to the built in roll bar of her caregivers convertible (I think it was a VW). I'll never forget it.
They are awesome pets, live long, are known to chat, and often have to be considered in wills. Also they are chemical sensitive. Had a friend with five. Got a new cleaning person. They cleaned with ammonia based cleaners, closed up and left - snuffed the lot. He has never really recovered from that loss.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:57 pm

gravy wrote:I be ready ..... squak
You are always funny, Gravy! We will do it, as it is so fun to feel like royalty at the zoo! Last trip, the Zoo picked us up at the gate, in a golf cart. Gave us a ride to see my donated Moluccan Cockatoo, then took us around the Zoo, on Monday when they were closed!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:13 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Memo to Jim W:

What is with the use of "my" versus "our"?  No doubt I am different but I tend to think of Jim & Deb instead of just you!

Meanwhile you are missing out on one of the most interesting topics in a long time on TOB - toilet paper!  One poster even suggested that she would rather drive to the Texas border to purchase one she liked rather than take a chance on a large package from Costco and not like it.  Now this is a really important topic and maybe you can make your next million hauling high quality TP down from AZ when you next drive down?  Another money making opportunity involves bringing down TP holders which would accept the new larger rolls.  Apparently the cute giraffe TP holders are an insult to certain people's manliness!

Neil, I must have missed that.......but, must admit a really important topic, kinda like where too buy cigarettes,.....TFFTR!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Cheena, you beat me to it! Don´t foget the side discussion on toilet paper: are you a folder or a crumbler? It tells something about you--though they did not say what yet. Oh, and the proposed Great Ajijic Wipe Out contest to determine the best TP Lakeside. It is a hilarious thread.
Gawd Lady O, I have been NOB for 3 weeks and missed the great "wipe - a - thon" Everyone knows, the thinner the paper, the more the crumple, or the greater the fold! LMFAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2