INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number four

+9
prestonway
CanuckBob
juanrey
itsme
hound dog
martygraw
David
gringal
cane
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Number four - Page 2 Empty Re: Number four

Post by prestonway Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Zoey wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
prestonway wrote:Wasn't sure what you were trying to say.

Pencils, or penicillin.

Decided not to ask & just let it ride...

Guess it depends on how good the weekend was?????

Number four - Page 2 374777

You forgot to write "eh" at the end of your sentence. I no longer believe that you are Canadian. grin. Zoey
G

Last edited by prestonway on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double post)

prestonway

http://www.simonsaysroses.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

gringal wrote:Just for comparison....although I realize there's a big difference in "ambiance", we just had dinner at the Sunrise Cafe. Shrimp in butter and garlic or deep fried with veggies and potatoes; generous plate.....69 pesos. A number of other good choices for the same price. Clean place; nice people. ...and that's not the only place in town where good food is served at a reasonable price.

I'm not a cheapskate and don't mind paying for an upscale dinner, but at Roberto's, for instance, you can get pretty fancy at under $150 pesos, including appetizers, soup or salad and a main course. This, along with decently priced drinks.

#4 has its place and there are people who love going there. Just trying to put things in perspective re values.

Oh my goodness, Gringal. Comparing Sunrise to Number Four is serious apples and oranges. I love Sunrise too, but it should not be used as a comparison to Number Four. Sunrise is one of my favorite inexpensive places to go. Good food, nice ambiance and service, but to compare it to Number Four, does not work. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Only 20 seats left for this 1,000 peso per person extravaganza. Me, I am ordering extra pencils and thinking about black glasses to enhance the effect. The Mexicans do it, why can't I? Do you think ten pesos a pencil is too much? How about three for 20 pesos? Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Zoey, your post has nothing do with #4 and nothing to do with restaurants at all. Gringal was not comparing Sunrise to #4, she was simply giving her opinion of her recent experience there. Please, try to stay on topic and refrain from trying to be "cute." It's not working.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:09 pm

David wrote:Zoey, your post has nothing do with #4 and nothing to do with restaurants at all. Gringal was not comparing Sunrise to #4, she was simply giving her opinion of her recent experience there. Please, try to stay on topic and refrain from trying to be "cute." It's not working.

Thank you, David. Couldn't have said it better. If I were going to make comparisons, it would be #4 to Roberto's, perhaps. However, I have never "invested" in #4, so can't do so. My point is that there is only so much that "ambiance" is worth. $$##4 is not about food as such. It's about seeing, being seen, feeling special and any number of intangibles that have little to do with what I've heard is good, but overpriced dining and drinking. I can attest to the overpriced drinking, having been there with friends for cocktails once.
Never again.
And Zoey, kittens are cute. You're much too old to compete there. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:19 pm

David wrote:Zoey, your post has nothing do with #4 and nothing to do with restaurants at all. Gringal was not comparing Sunrise to #4, she was simply giving her opinion of her recent experience there. Please, try to stay on topic and refrain from trying to be "cute." It's not working.

David, she started her post off by saying "just for comparison" Hello. Earth to David. Are you there David? Guess not. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Read the post immediately above yours. The post of yours I was referring to started with "only 20 seats left......"
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:04 pm

....since we are nitpicking with "knownothing" or Joey, lets do it right. My post on page one was relating to Juanrey's post, comparing the high prices at #4 to other places, to wit:
"To many from NOB those prices are very attractive, but to many who live here and have gotten used to good quality food at even lower prices their prices may seem outrageous. Now when a newbie or visitor reads these posts he will have a relative value to consider."

...which I followed by naming another reasonable restaurant locally.

As in......read the whole thread without yanking out pieces to make a point. Great suffering succotash! Number four - Page 2 374777

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Received my first spam from Number 4 today. I saved it and was thrilled. Four of my friends went there last night. I do not know what they had for dinner, but their bill was well over 2,000 pesos. I am saving up for the day I can afford that. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Number four - Page 2 Empty #4

Post by lands end Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:48 am

I was at Number 4 and I am one of many people who fell on their property. I had a fractured vertebrae. There was no apology from Kim, who is the owner. It sure would have been nice if she offered some kind of compensation even if it would have been a free glass of wine or some kind of apology. In the meantime I have learned that there are at last five other people who had a mishap there , One at the new place the Chili Bang Bar. But when something like this happens Kim disappears. To me this is no way to run a business and I certainly will not go back even if the prices would be cut in half.

lands end

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 pm

How were the people hurt? Was there liquid spilled that the staff knew about and didn't clean up? Is there a certain spot where everybody is getting hurt or is it random? It would be interesting to see if there is a spot where people are having problems and if so then management needs to address it.

Unfortunately here in Mexico if you slip and fall it is your tough luck, in the US it means a payday. I've seen alot of people here fall down, it happens daily, crossing the street and the like.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lands end Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Three people who fell at four all fell at the end of the walkway going out of the restaurant, one fell going into the grassy area and the one who fell at Chili Bang Bar stepped into a hole at the end of the walkway going out. The hoe was not covered. That ady walked around with a cast. Again Kim was at the restaurant but was not seen. Two waiters helped the Lady up and got her to the Car where she then went to the Ajijic Clinic.

lands end

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Any recent reviews? We went twice, second time food only OK and service inexpert, simply too expensive for those flaws. I'm wondering if it has changed at all.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:41 pm

We were there last week; food was excellent, service was OK, wine list weak and over-priced. The shocker was the cost of cocktails. We each had a Cosmopolitan (a martini variant) $120 Pesos each. Yikes! They weren't very good either, the drinks at GO! are better and way less costly.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shmiller Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:54 am

I heard rumors that the entertainment at 4 is going to be downgraded, and sourced locally. True? I will miss the grand piano player-singers.

Yes, the cost of drinks is high although when the high grade entertainment was there I didn't mind.
shmiller
shmiller

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:09 am

The ad in the Guad Reporter would indicate it's already happening.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2